Stock Science Broken

Hello!

I have a completely unmodded install, I've never played KSP with mods. I recently sent my first manned crew to Duna. The ship consists of fuel and an engine to return to Kerbin, a command pod, and a mobile processing lab with science attached. The craft is orbiting above Duna right now. My plan was to conduct research then fly the craft back to kerbin and recover it so I can unlock more of the tech tree.

However, the science experiments do not appear to be working. When I hit the crew report button on the command pod, nothing happened, except for the crew report option disappearing from the right-click menu for the command pod. Weird. Then I sent a Kerbal on EVA and did an EVA report, the behavior was normal (I got a dialogue that allowed me to keep my science). Then I got back in my command pod, and hit the "review data" button. Nothing, except now the review data button is gone. There is a similar pattern for the science experiments that are physically attached to the craft. Conducting an experiment does nothing, and the right click menus are all glitched. 

Odd. It appears ONLY that specific configuration of ship results in he issue. I launched a Mobile Processing Lab with command pod and it worked fine in LEO, but just opening the save from the Duna mission and launching into LEO gives me the same issues. I am going to build a new design and send it off, then report the results.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.