TAC LS / Universal Storage II converter estimator Testing

Geonovast

I'm not entirely sure where to put this... so general it is.

I use TAC LS, and recently installed Universal Storage II.  I've been wanting one for a bit, so I wrote a basic estimator for running LS supplies with the resource converters running (like Water Purifiers and such).

The converters used in the estimator are the ones used in Universal Storage II.  I don't have the ones included with TAC LS itself yet, as I don't use them.

I was hoping to get a few people that run the same setup and are willing to try to test it out for me.  I don't want to publicly post the tool yet until I've had some help verifying that it's working as intended.

It's a single 16kB HTML file that you just run in your browser.  Nothing fancy and just runs the calculations with Javascript.

It's not so much a calculator as it is a simulator.  You provide it with the supplies on board, which converters would be running, how many kerbals, and how many days you want the mission to last.  It runs at whatever interval you want (every second, every minute, every hour, every day) although I don't recommend doing anything other than seconds.

Anyone interested in trying it out, see if it's worthwhile?

Screenshotat20180912.png

Mods - if I need a license for this thing, let me know and I'll get one before I hand it out.

Made some changes to show a status bar and "real-time" info updates.  This was mainly to prevent "A tab is slowing down your browser" messages.  This is a little annoying, since processing 10 years at the per second resolution would take several minutes, as it ran its loop 92,106,000 times.

I ran a few several day tests and it seems to be pretty accurate.  Although it makes some assumptions that I simply cannot accommodate for.

TACUS2.gif

• 3 months later...

I like this but don't see how to download it?

Also, I am fine with a standalone mod, even app, but perhaps you want to try to collaborate with USII to include a small calculation window in the vehicle construction area, perhaps as well as in flight?

Edited by Friend Bear

24 minutes ago, Friend Bear said:

I like this but don't see how to download it?

Also, I am fine with a standalone mod, even app, but perhaps you want to try to collaborate with USII to include a small calculation window in the vehicle construction area, perhaps as well as in flight?

This was put on indefinite hiatus as USII was in some sort of re-balance and that there wasn't any interest.

KSP-wise I'm nearing the end of a project right now.  As long as docking and IR bugs don't make me toss my computer out the window, and I can actually find the files for this, I'll pick it back up when I'm done.  Hopefully tonight.  (Unless the bugs say no).

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.