What is the Spaceplane parts?

These are some specific parts that I think would improve our options in spaceplane (and normal plane) designs

- Mk-1, Mk-2, and Mk-3 fuselage parts that are a quarter and half lengths of what we have now

- Mk-2 and Mk-3 fuselage parts that have the standard mix of Liquid fuel and Oxidizer (and all the adapters with fuel)

- A Mk-3 to Mk-1 adapter (either with fuel or without)

-The avionics package with an actual function. Basically this part should have an aircraft related function that the new SAS doesn't. I suggest the ability to pin it to a point on the NavBall, rather than whatever reference frame the standard SAS uses. This way we might, for example, pin it to the horizon so that the aircraft doesn't nose-up as it moves across the globe as it will with the current system. Of course, this should be separately toggelable (either action group, context menu, or as a separate key) , as needs might change when, say, your SSTOreaches orbit.

Edited by Noobton
Edited to remove spam and salvage the conversation.

Mk-1, Mk-2 and Mk-3 fuselage parts that are a quarter and half lengths

@minhthu215Compared to which of the available fuselage parts? AFAIK Mk-2 and Mk-3 have varying lengths so one quarter compared to which one of the Mk-2 and Mk-3 fuselage parts do you mean exactly? As for Mk-1 there is only one size for liquid fuel and it has 4 different sizes of LF and Oxidizer. Again, a quarter of which of the 4 sizes do you mean? If it is the smallest of Mk-1 then you have a toroidal fuel sized tank. If it is the largest you have the smaller FL-T200 which already exists.

Or do you mean a non fuel holding tank when you say fuselage? If that's what you want you can empty the tanks and it will work as one. A fuselage is just the skin and skeleton of a vessel. Any part for that matter can make do for a fuselage. If your on to something specific please tell me what you mean by wanting to have a new fuselage because it could aswell be a crew habitat module your after.

Mk-2 and Mk-3 fuselage parts that have the standard mix of Liquid fuel and Oxidizer (and all the adapters with fuel)

I'm not sure what you mean. There are already enough Mk-2 and Mk-3 fuselage parts..... meaning..... fuel tanks as they already hold liquid fuel and oxidizer. What shapes and sizes do you want exactly? I would like to have adapters holding fuel also. This should have been in the game a long time ago, good suggestion.

- A Mk-3 to Mk-1 adapter (either with fuel or without)

This should be done for sure. Although it is a debate whether such parts have priority as I think there are better things to add in the game. In the end you can use several connecting pieces to create a smooth transition from Mk3 to Mk1. As for fuel, you can always empty the tanks so it doesn't necessarily need to have a dry setup although that could of course be implemented.

I never use the avionics package, probably because it is useless as you say. I like the idea to hold horizon and I always wanted such a SAS function in the game. Having this SAS function on the avionics package only will give it more incentive to be used and seems like a good idea.

Edited by Aeroboi

Wait are you guys talking about this?

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CH-J3_Fly-By-Wire_Avionics_Hub

How is it useless? It let's any probe core and any Kerbal (even non-pilots) have access to all SAS options. I mean it's far from the most overpowered part in the game, but it has applications surely? I use them on several of my craft, that may find themselves being piloted by a Scientist or Engineer at some point. I even have a few probes with them for when I wanted a certain core but all the advanced SAS options as well. Maybe I'm just weird lol?

19 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Wait are you guys talking about this?

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CH-J3_Fly-By-Wire_Avionics_Hub

How is it useless? It let's any probe core and any Kerbal (even non-pilots) have access to all SAS options. I mean it's far from the most overpowered part in the game, but it has applications surely? I use them on several of my craft, that may find themselves being piloted by a Scientist or Engineer at some point. I even have a few probes with them for when I wanted a certain core but all the advanced SAS options as well. Maybe I'm just weird lol?

Assume that a lot of us play only sandbox/never career, and typically with kerbals pre-leveled-up. From this POV this part is always useless.  It is not a common thing that a manned ship MUST have a pilot in order to be fully controllable.

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Assume that a lot of us play only sandbox/never career, and typically with kerbals pre-leveled-up. From this POV this part is always useless.  It is not a common thing that a manned ship MUST have a pilot in order to be fully controllable.

Wouldn't it still be useful for Scientists/Engineers?

Like on a mining lander for example? Otherwise you'll need a probecore, which typically weighs a bit more and doesn't give as many SAS options?

I suppose it all comes down to how much safety/redundancy you like to roll with.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

4 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Wouldn't it still be useful for Scientists/Engineers?

Like on a mining lander for example? Otherwise you'll need a probecore, which typically weighs a bit more and doesn't give as many SAS options?

I suppose it all comes down to how much safety/redundancy you like to roll with.

Yeah it could still be useful then. I typically always include a 2.5m or larger probe core as I'm paranoid of losing kerbals-- so I personally never see a use for the part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.