KSP Weekly: Mapping with Magellan

SQUAD

2 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Scarab%20amp%20Skycrane_zpsqyd06jpr.png

Also, could you please change the Rovemate navball orientation so that it looks across the horizon in line with the long axis of the Rovemate's housing, instead of straight up.  Otherwise another control axis like a docking port needs to be added to use the Rovemate as a rover core.

Wow...those are amazing designs...cool stuff...

24 minutes ago, MR L A said:

if that white texture doesn’t match one of the other white textures in game... 

I would hope that the art team have a standardized colour palette when creating the art i.e. this is the Hex Colour Code for monopropellant yellow, this is the one for Gemini grey, this is the one for spaceplane panel white etc.

This is common practice and would most likely exist and be present within their design guidelines documentation.

39 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

I would love to see that the previously shown revamped parts would be raised to the same level of quality.

To be honest, they might be. Remember the build-up to 1.4 and Making History? SQUAD teased the revamped 2.5m fuel tanks in KSP Weekly, but they turned out to be slightly better than advertised when they were finally released.

One thing I would like to add though, which has also been already mentioned above:

Please make the explosion of an asteroid impact larger. Maybe also add some way to calculate reentry heating for an asteroid to have it blow up upon entry if conditions are right (just size and speed probably).

4 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I would hope that the art team have a standardized colour palette when creating the art i.e. this is the Hex Colour Code for monopropellant yellow, this is the one for Gemini grey, this is the one for spaceplane panel white etc.

This is common practice and would most likely exist and be present within their design guidelines documentation.

Evidence says they haven't in the past.  Hopefully they do now.

Mk1 - I like it. It approached Porkjet's redone Mk1 which I like, but I'd leave one color only because it's one of the unique parts you start with, and should be memorable.

asteroid behaviour - it would be better if the explosion was larger and if they didn't slow so much before impact

OKTO and OKTO2 - I like it a lot

1 hour ago, swjr-swis said:

I notice a distinct absence of comments from some frequent KSP Weekly participants.

Might be about as much of a compliment as you can expect, @SQUAD... I'd take it and run.

It's like that old saying: If you don't have anything bad to say, say nothing at all.

Edited by 5thHorseman

32 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

If you don't have anything bad to say, say nothing at all.

If you insist:
WHERE IS THE BUGFIX NEWS?
WHERE IS LINUX JOYSTICK SUPPORT?

Seriously, can we hear some about fixing the crappy game engine please? Part overhauls are boring, I have mods for this already.

With all the effort we see from the art department and an upcoming major release increment formally announced, it might be that the developers are also working away (and equally listening to feedback/bug reports)?  I like to think so, anyway.  Squad can show us art-in-progress, the rest not so easy to show just yet.

And could the release number jump be an indicator that there will be some changes to the game logic in support of a new DLC?  Or some other change that makes (what appears to be) a complete art pass on parts and Kerbals alike a necessary thing???

No inside knowledge here, no NDAs breached, no hype, just conjecture and wishful thinking.

What any of that means for consoles, I wouldn't even speculate.

To the best of my knowledge, Console work is tackled by Blitworks, who are an outside company hthat squad can't necessarily get weekly devvelopment statements from? Maybe?

They can only speak for themselves, i imagine.

55 minutes ago, Lupi said:

They can only speak for themselves, i imagine.

The console port still has Squad all over it, and they're going to cop flak for issues with it. Contracting something out does not absolve you of responsibility for it.

6 hours ago, steve_v said:

Seriously, can we hear some about fixing the crappy game engine please? Part overhauls are boring, I have mods for this already.

Some players are vehemently anti-mod. Updates that add or revamp parts are about the only part love they're ever going to get.

19 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Some players are vehemently anti-mod. Updates that add or revamp parts are about the only part love they're ever going to get.

If someone doesn't want to use what's available for free, that's no concern of mine.
I'm not against polishing the graphics, polish is good. I am against putting lipstick on the pig while major regressions and game-engine problems are left unaddressed.

When are we going to see an end to the recurring wheel physics issues? How about the ever-present collision-detection jank and random explosions?
How's work on the insane memory usage and GC stutter coming along?

How about fixing the things we already have, or in this case had, before introducing more content?

Edited by steve_v

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.