KSP Weekly: Mapping with Magellan

SQUAD

2 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

Yep. You get my point exactly. As a console player, I feel I've been shafted of $50 and much of my time because I put my hopes in a dev that said they'd put a good space sim on my Xbox. But ever since we got it back in 2016, it's been a fiasco since. 

I've heard that history often repeats itself. Well right now, these weeklies are exactly what started us on a 400+ day wait for a playable game. AFAIK, Squad decided that we're not worth the effort, and let all contractual obligations expire so they could focus only on PC. 

What really saddens me is that I've loved KSP as an idea, but everything about its execution went south. Sadly, I haven't touched KSP since the last update, electing to play Elite: Dangerous instead. 

As for me comparing SR2 to KSP, I'm entirely within my rights as a purchaser of Squad's game to compare it to (what's in my eyes) a rival game. Going off the success of SimplePlanes, I've no doubt that SR2 will be so much better than the sorry state of consoles right now. As for advertising it, I just wanted to let my fellow console plebs know that there are other options. 

Amen brother! Spot on.

19 hours ago, Deddly said:

Guys, I'm sure nobody objects to a comparison of KSP with SR2. But this thread isn't the place to discuss SR2 development and new features, unless it's on topic for this particular weekly, is it? 

you're right i got carried away. i apologize. wont happen again

@Capt Snuggler I very much have to agree. I've seen some older videos - the QBE and OKTO haven't changed a bit! Love the new hi-tech look, though kinda destroys the Kerbal spirit - somehow skilled space ailens who bind stuff together with duct tape- the never-serious kind of achiever. Although the hi-tech look does signify how for they've come in so short a time!!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.