Decent joystick recommendations?

Ol’ Musky Boi

Been thinking about getting a joystick for a while, mostly for KSP but probably for some other flight games as well. What do you guys use? And do you have any good recommendations? I'm probably willing to spend up to £200, and I play on a Mac (please don't crucify me).

P.S: I've never owned a joystick before so it's all new to me.

Edited by Ol’ Musky Boi

I have one of these, and am pretty happy with it.

I'm sure I could do a lot better for more money, but I got a used one for ~$30.  Does what I need it to.

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Stick-PC/dp/B001CXYMFS

1 hour ago, Ol’ Musky Boi said:

I play on a Mac (please don't crucify me).

I don't think you'll find that attitude here.  Plenty of Mac players.  If KSP wasn't meant to be on a Mac, they wouldn't have released a version for it!  I'm playing on Linux, and there's more than a significant share of Linux players here as well.

42 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I don't think you'll find that attitude here.

Yeah I didn't really expect too, but you never know these days wether or not someone will find your choice of OS offensive. People take it way too personally.

48 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I have one of these, and am pretty happy with it.

I'm sure I could do a lot better for more money, but I got a used one for ~$30.  Does what I need it to.

Nice! I'll check it out.

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

It's an excellent one. I bought it about five years ago to replace my  *cough*  98' Microsoft Sidewinder I (which is still working after all these years). To me, the sole disappointment about the Thrusmaster was its lack of force feedback on the throttle. I'm finding it extremely flabby. Can be nice in some situation where we need to push forward instantly, but it's a bit too sensitive for precision maneuvers.

OP, are you looking only for a stick? If you are also interested for yokes, I would recommend the FSY from CH-Product:

4127.jpg

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/4127?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrZ_YgpG-3QIVh8DICh3ddw88EAQYASABEgKezfD_BwE

I own one since 2005 and it never betrayed me since, pretty robust and with great force feedback. Of course, it's not as "athletic" as a stick, but you can still make nice and precise maneuvers with it. 

Coupled with CH's rudder pedals it's even better. However, I would not recommend their throttles pack. It's an awful looking one, and if you are not changing the throttles' heads you're good to have an ugly imitation of a twin engines aircraft with constant-speed propellers...  Instead, I used a 747-400 imitation, but it's not available anymore. Still, in the same style and from Saitek for a pretty descent price:

PHD-240.jpg?osCsid=ugh12vktjvt1lodi1dgjc

https://www.fspilotshop.com/cockpit-phd-boeing-747-handles-for-saitek-throttle-quadrant-p-6851.html

Or... there is still the Rolls of all... but here we are entering in another world:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Flight-Stick-

If you want a nice imitation of the A-10 controls (without the rudder). It's a real beast, and still cost around 350-400 USD even today after all these years, but sometimes you can find a nice promotion where it can drop around 180-200 (about 153 GBP)

Honestly, it's the most precise I ever used in a sim.

ch products are pretty solid. ive had my ch fighterstick, pro throttle and pedals and they are still going strong after about 10 years. that said what they possess in build quality, they lack in innovation. im not sure about newer models but mine all use 8 bit adcs while ive seen higher resolution adcs on budget sticks, and there are more innovative sticks that will die after 2 years (saitek). me personally i want that thrustmaster warthog, for its metal construction and its ease of modding, but ive never even seen one so i cant attest to its quality.

I've used a Saitek ST290 Pro when I rarely play with a stick. Dont know the price, but it does the job pretty well. I will note though that (although it might just be this one or a common problem) that it does sometimes have a tendency to drift in KSP after a long time without using it. Not sure why but eh.

Thanks for the answers everyone! I've been looking around and I've decided that I'm probably going to go with a Thrustmaster T.16000M FFCS Hotas, I've seen a lot of good stuff about it online.

91so7Q7rm6L._SX466_.jpg

It's about £110 for both the joystick and the throttle control, fairly decent for what you get.

Looking forward to playing KSP with these :P

On 9/16/2018 at 1:15 PM, Ol’ Musky Boi said:

Thanks for the answers everyone! I've been looking around and I've decided that I'm probably going to go with a Thrustmaster T.16000M FFCS Hotas, I've seen a lot of good stuff about it online.

91so7Q7rm6L._SX466_.jpg

It's about £110 for both the joystick and the throttle control, fairly decent for what you get.

Looking forward to playing KSP with these :P

The T16000m is literally the best-value joystick/throttle for ur money (I have one btw). The joystick has the same sensors as the HOTAS Warthog(meaning the same accuracy), and the throttle has an abundance of buttons. A total of 18 buttons on the throttle alone. Also, the springs are just right, not to stiff, but not ridiculous loose. One thing though, the buttons feel quite cheap, and don't make a clicking noise when pressed. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.