what OPM gas giant is the best for colonization with Hooligan Labs and airpark to colonize the gas giant itself?

EndTraveler

title says it  

1 member has voted

1. 1. the title says this also

• alternis jool
    • sarnus
    • urlum
    • neidon

please i want to know for testing of how hooligan labs can be useful

please consider:

• how awesome the sky would look from the 1 atmospheric pressure spot
  • the amount of moons
  • the quality of moons
  • how amazing it would be to launch from that 1 atmospheric pressure spot from a video-making standpoint
  • that i have alternis kerbol :)
  • and many more things you can include!
Edited by EndTraveler

I don't have a good answer; my preference is Jool for the interesting moons and green skies.  This is really something to decide for yourself.

One thing to be aware of, scatterer has a bug in 1.4+ that makes the gas giant atmosphere vanish below 300km.  If you want a view like the attached picture, you'll need to downgrade to KSP 1.3.1- Also, it will be a very difficult endeavor to try and return to orbit at a gas giant from an airship (but it is a borderline possibility, with the right parts)

unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

1 minute ago, Maffif said:

I don't have a good answer; my preference is Jool for the interesting moons and green skies.  This is really something to decide for yourself.

One thing to be aware of, scatterer has a bug in 1.4+ that makes the gas giant atmosphere vanish below 300km.  If you want a view like the attached picture, you'll need to downgrade to KSP 1.3.1- Also, it will be a very difficult endeavor to try and return to orbit at a gas giant from an airship (but it is a borderline possibility, with the right parts)

unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

same because alternis kerbol jool is a nice and nearby place

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.