Game surges .. not a stutter

Just curious...

I have a lightly modded 1.4.5 [this also happens in a 1.4.3 version also]

Mods:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8syByjFfi1jMa_GaPOmKumsGSLhKEGPJ588xCLwJp0/edit#gid=0

I noticed that when outside the editors, with a craft in space, that there is a "surge" ... taking place.  The best way to describe it, it would be like when I time warp, the craft will slow to a stop.. then warp like normal.. and keep repeating it.

Unlike a stutter that is like little micro stops 

Just asking , no I haven't tried with a vanilla version.. never hurts to ask.

appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Just asking , no I haven't tried with a vanilla version.. never hurts to ask.

Give that a whirl, see if it persists.

Is anything interesting showing in the KSP.log when it happens?

Also give the memgraph mod a try.  What you're describing is not typical for that mod, but it might be related. 

4 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I noticed that when outside the editors, with a craft in space, that there is a "surge" ... taking place.  The best way to describe it, it would be like when I time warp, the craft will slow to a stop.. then warp like normal.. and keep repeating it.

Wait... does the time warp reduce to zero then catch back up, or does the game itself slow down, and then catch up?

Edited by Gargamel

18 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

When you first start KSP, and the "Start Menu" pauses slightly and then finishes , that is the timing of the 'surge.

Memgraph might be a solution then. 

[1.2.x/1.3] MemGraph 1.1.0.3 - with Stutter Reduction - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Last post in the thread has a link to the 1.4 version. 

Edited by Gargamel

I've been seeing some weird stuttering/surging behavior in 1.4.5 that I didn't see in 1.4.3 running the same suite of mods. It sounds very similar.

I mainly notice the pauses when I'm in space and building a maneuver node - I notice it then because slight pauses are really obvious when you're trying to tweak a maneuver in really small increments without overshooting.

I hadn't reported it yet because I haven't taken the time to start from Stock and test with each mod, but since there's a thread I'll throw my experience out there.

NOTE: I am running Memgraph with the same heap config I was using with 1.4.3

Edited by Tyko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.