[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Stage/Chute landing m/s estimation displayed in the VAB

You should definitely look into Real Chutes – you can specify landing speed and even the mass of the craft, even if it takes multiple chutes to achieve it. It will give you a big, friendly, red warning if the chutes can't take it.

Heh, this is one of my only annoyances with KER.... I second this. Even as a quick/easier fix, it would be nice if the "Compact" button was the first button in the top window button list... so when you clicked it, the "compact" button would stay under the mouse, not be pushed out to the right.

Yes, I hadn't forgotten that you'd asked for this before, I just hadn't got around to implementing it. I have now done so in my development version of 0.6.x.x and also fixed a few other issues and changed how the advanced tweakable options are controlled (now in settings dialog with most disabled by default, not using different PartModules)...

This is a very early release and there are various issues and things it doesn't do that 0.6.2.8 does, especially if you want to use old craft that have the old "chip" part as that has been removed.

Does this mean I can delete the MM config that does this? That'd be nice if so.

Oh and while I'm here, I've noticed the UI in 1.0.0.1 has issues when I mouseover another dialogue window, such as one from KAC. I'll post a pic when it happens again. It's just some font scaling/changing, nothing major just a minor distraction.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Does this mean I can delete the MM config that does this? That'd be nice if so.

Oh and while I'm here, I've noticed the UI in 1.0.0.1 has issues when I mouseover another dialogue window, such as one from KAC. I'll post a pic when it happens again. It's just some font scaling/changing, nothing major just a minor distraction.

I'm not sure what situation you are asking about. I've not done much with the 1.0.0.1 version yet mainly because virtually all of my existing craft/saves use the old chip part that is no longer present. The bit you quoted is basically saying that stuff has changed in v1 which may make using it with old vessels difficult...

Yes, I hadn't forgotten that you'd asked for this before, I just hadn't got around to implementing it. I have now done so in my development version of 0.6.x.x and also fixed a few other issues and changed how the advanced tweakable options are controlled (now in settings dialog with most disabled by default, not using different PartModules)...

Thanks Padishar! Will download your latest dev version tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I'm not sure what situation you are asking about.

Sorry for not being clear. I went partless ages ago (I frequently cleanse my install so old ships aren't a problem) and used a MM config to add build and flight engineer to all command pods. I saw you mentioned that the part had been removed (and therefore KER was already added to all command pods by default), wondered if the config could now be deleted. But as Master Tao said, it's only the Build Engineer that's added, the Flight is still needed. Easy enough edit to the config though :)

Sorry for not being clear. I went partless ages ago (I frequently cleanse my install so old ships aren't a problem) and used a MM config to add build and flight engineer to all command pods. I saw you mentioned that the part had been removed (and therefore KER was already added to all command pods by default), wondered if the config could now be deleted. But as Master Tao said, it's only the Build Engineer that's added, the Flight is still needed. Easy enough edit to the config though :)

Ahh, ok, yes, for v1 the MM config will need to be different. A couple of almost identical ones were posted a couple of pages back.

I'm not sure what situation you are asking about. I've not done much with the 1.0.0.1 version yet mainly because virtually all of my existing craft/saves use the old chip part that is no longer present. The bit you quoted is basically saying that stuff has changed in v1 which may make using it with old vessels difficult...

Although we didn't had the best start, the new engineer version is really nice, I like the ability to configure the windows to my needs.

Version 0.6.2.9 is now available!

Updated for KSP v0.24.2.

Added: Tweakable visibility has been integrated into the existing settings system.

Changed: Compact mode now shrinks to the right.

Fixed: Null Refs caused by Blizzy's toolbar support.

Removed: BuildEngineerTweakable & FlightEngineerTweakable are no longer needed.

Not at all, contributions from the community are always welcome :)

// giving every part that contains a commandmodule the engenieer Redux
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[FlightEngineerModule]]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineerModule
}
}

that is what i currently have in my myMod.cfg

It works with MM 2.2.0 and is for the Kerbal Engineer 1.0.0.1

Also I didn't know the new one works without parts in the VAB, that is nice.

Edited by Alewx
Don't know why I had no "NEEDS" in it,as this makes it failsafe if there is no Kerbal Engineer

You can make it partless with a custom MM file.

I have one that I could share, if Cybutek has nothing against it.

Though two (slightly different) versions have already been posted so there's no real need for a third... (actually, yours looks a bit better so, cool)

If it weren't being "fixed" in the code then t would make sense to create an "official" one and link it in the OP but, since it is, it probably isn't worth it...

Edited by Padishar

One thing that would be nice to have for 1.x (and was included in Padishars Hotfix dll for 0.24) would be the Biome you´re currently flying over as (optional) field for the surface-tab

One thing that would be nice to have for 1.x (and was included in Padishars Hotfix dll for 0.24) would be the Biome you´re currently flying over as (optional) field for the surface-tab

I will be working on the biome and slope readouts, it shouldn't take long to transfer them over and refactor them into the new readout modules system for use with 1.0.

I will be working on the biome and slope readouts, it shouldn't take long to transfer them over and refactor them into the new readout modules system for use with 1.0.

Great, thanks for the prompt reply :)

Yes, it should be no problem. The biome ones use a built-in KSP function to get the biome for a given latitude and longitude and I made the slope one use a separate function that should transfer across cleanly (though you might want to split it into two separate values and/or change the precision).

The output log told me off just now:

7/26/2014 2:17:55 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'FLIGHT' to 'SPACECENTER'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ARFlightController: Destroyed.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

7/26/2014 2:17:56 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Destroying the KerbalAlarmClock-KACFlight

Destroying object multiple times. Don't use DestroyImmediate on the same object in OnDisable or OnDestroy.

(Filename: Line: 1288)

[FlightEngineer]: Destroying ActionMenu

Destroying object multiple times. Don't use DestroyImmediate on the same object in OnDisable or OnDestroy.

(Filename: Line: 1288)

[FlightEngineer]: Destroying DisplayStack

Could be KAC, could be KER, but I'm hedging my bets on KER. Nothing game breaking, just an FYI I guess.

The output log told me off just now:

snip

Could be KAC, could be KER, but I'm hedging my bets on KER. Nothing game breaking, just an FYI I guess.

I suspect you could be right. I think the text of the error message is misleading in this case and things are being destroyed multiple times because various object references aren't being set to null after calling Destroy or DestroyImmediate...

It was for synchronisation, the ActionMenu and DisplayStack had to be destroyed immediately once the FlightEngineerCore was being destroyed. But because they were also stored in variables within the Core, after the Core's destruction Unity would then try to destroy all the variables within the Core. The ActionMenu and DisplayStack are null because of the immediate destruction, so Unity pulls a little tantrum because nothing is left to destroy.

I have sorted this problem now though whilst creating the system for a partless FlightEngineer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.