[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Version 1.0.3 is now available!

Added: Integrated KSP-AVC support with MiniAVC.

Added: Setting to change the simulation delay in the Build Engineer.

Added: Setting to enable and disable the build overlay system.

Added: Burn time to Delta-V readouts.

Added: Atmospheric readouts fully support FAR.

Added: Atmospheric readouts are disabled with NEAR.

Changed: Force formatting inversely scales decimal precision with value.

Fixed: Flickering in VAB and Vessel display.

Fixed: Bug saving the GUI display size.

You will, at the very least, have to tell us which version of this mod you have tried to install, which version of KSP you have installed it in, which toolbar you are talking about and upload your output_log.txt somewhere and post a link... This is really the absolute minimum of information you should submit with any bug report. Obviously a description of what isn't working (with screenshots where helpful) is also required and a description of any particular sequence of actions that are required for it to go wrong would be very helpful.

-redacted-

Figured out the problem, I had to attach something to the rocket in order to see it.

Edited by Furious1964

Thanks much. A good set of improvements without sacrificing the original functionality.

My offer: have times display values under 10 with a leading zero so there is no positional shifting as the counters change.

I'm curious why the two different versions are released under different licenses (0.6.2.9 is CCA-NC-SA and 1.0.3 is GPL3). Not a big deal to me as both licenses provide the rights I'm interested in, but it struck me as unusual.

Love the changes in 1.0.x, best KER ever. Thanks for all your hard work.

FAR includes some pre-calculated numbers which can be gathered, and this seems to have been stripped out from NEAR.

also

Version 0.6 and 1.0 have different licenses because I have decided to release all new software under GPL rather than CC. There's not a huge amount of difference between the licenses, apart from GPL is better suited for software and CC for artwork.

I've very recently started using NEAR and I'd love to have the 'Aerodynamic efficiency' rating working (or whatever it's called in the interface). Basically the information weather I'm spending too much delta-v on air-drag when going too fast, or gravity-drag when going too slow. I know FAR and NEAR provide interfaces for other plugins, could you do something with the drag information I'm sure you can get there and get me that precious info?

I am getting a crash on 1.0.3.0 on 64bit KSP on Windows 7.

If I remove KER, no crash. If I install it back from the zip, it crashes. This happened yesterday too, but I was able to get KSP working by deleting the settings folder under KER.

I don't see anything in the crashlog that might be useful, but let me know where to send it if it will help.

Here to a crash on the 1.0.3.0 version on 64bit KSP Windows-7.

KSP starts and crashed when i tried to start with building a spacecraft. As soon as i took a commandpod it crashed on full modded KSP.

After that crash, it crashed on clicking on the VAB.

I took a clean install no problem but with KW installed after that crash again no other mods were installed but KER an KW.

By the way i can't imagine playing KSP without KER unmissable to know the ammount of Dv, TWR and weight of mt spacecraft.

Keep up the good work on KER!!!!!!

Edited by Aluminator

I love KER but it needs an update. For some reason it's not telling me the Dv for stages above my root-part.

This is a known issue with the simulation mechanism which is being worked on. The best workaround for this is to install SelectRoot and change the root part of your vessel so the root part is one of the parts that is still part of the rocket after all the stages have been activated.

I am getting a crash on 1.0.3.0 on 64bit KSP on Windows 7.

If I remove KER, no crash. If I install it back from the zip, it crashes. This happened yesterday too, but I was able to get KSP working by deleting the settings folder under KER.

I don't see anything in the crashlog that might be useful, but let me know where to send it if it will help.

Just upload the output_log.txt somewhere and post us a link. Also, it sounds like you've already deleted them but uploading the settings files from GameData\Engineer\PluginData\Engineer would have been helpful. It sounds like this may be similar to the issue I fixed in 0.6 where, when KSP crashes, it sometimes leaves the settings file present and empty which was confusing things. Given the fact that the 64bit version does crash more often, this needs to be handled as cleanly as possible...

Here to a crash on the 1.0.3.0 version on 64bit KSP Windows-7.

See above about logs and settings files...

Edited by Padishar

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pg4uedlglf45s32/AACeiP8I0DZJiLxDwutJGqoHa

Here is my link to the output log + files from the settingfolder.

Hope it will help.

Edit: Using 0.6.2.9 for the time being

The stack trace from your log points the finger at something making Squad's ModuleScienceContainer PartModule get upset. I wouldn't expect what KER does to affect this but, since no other plugins are being loaded, I may well be wrong. Was it a KW command module you selected or one of the stock ones?

(0x0000000103AB0890) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x000000000955FEA6) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): ModuleScienceContainer:GetStoredDataCount () + 0x106 (000000000955FDA0 000000000955FEBB) [00000000022D4D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000000000955F59D) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): ModuleScienceContainer:updateModuleUI () + 0x2fd (000000000955F2A0 000000000955FB35) [00000000022D4D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000000000955F1E6) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): ModuleScienceContainer:OnStart (PartModule/StartState) + 0x46 (000000000955F1A0 000000000955F274) [00000000022D4D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000000000955D07B) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Part:ModulesOnStart () + 0x17b (000000000955CF00 000000000955D0B2) [00000000022D4D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000000000955AE22) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Part/:MoveNext () + 0x3e2 (000000000955AA40 000000000955C874) [00000000022D4D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x0000000003E8D36B) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_bool__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x6b (0000000003E8D300 0000000003E8D3FC) [00000000022D4D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000007FEF6FF36CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e
(0x000000002716D6C8) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000022D4D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

just upgraded to 24.2 and am getting two engineer stats windows showing up (in hangar, flight just has one) (in 64b). fresh install and all new mods, a quick search of gamedata showed no duplicate dll's (except the Engineer.Extensios.dll from VOID).

both windows respond to toolbar controls. cant figure out how to get rid of the duplicate.

Edited by BobsYerUncle

just upgraded to 24.2 and am getting two engineer stats windows showing up (in hangar, flight just has one) (in 64b). fresh install and all new mods, a quick search of gamedata showed no duplicate dll's (except the Engineer.Extensios.dll from VOID).

both windows respond to toolbar controls. cant figure out how to get rid of the duplicate.

Well, it certainly sounds like you have a dodgy installation in some way but you will need to give more information (you don't even say what version of KER you have installed or give any details about what you are doing in the game). Can you upload the KSP_x64_data\output_log.txt file (from a short run of the game) and also post a screenshot of the GameData folder and the GameData\Engineer or GameData\KerbalEngineer folder (whichever one you actually have)?

Just upload the output_log.txt somewhere and post us a link. Also, it sounds like you've already deleted them but uploading the settings files from GameData\Engineer\PluginData\Engineer would have been helpful. It sounds like this may be similar to the issue I fixed in 0.6 where, when KSP crashes, it sometimes leaves the settings file present and empty which was confusing things. Given the fact that the 64bit version does crash more often, this needs to be handled as cleanly as possible...

Thanks Padishar - here is the full output log: https://app.box.com/s/0wiqfwvd4kk4ijp79ba9

Thanks Padishar - here is the full output log: https://app.box.com/s/0wiqfwvd4kk4ijp79ba9

The only errors I can see in your log are two exceptions from ActiveTextureManagement, one very near the start and one very near the end. Both appear to be the same bit of code having the same problem so I suggest you ask in ATM's thread if those errors are to be expected...

The only errors I can see in your log are two exceptions from ActiveTextureManagement, one very near the start and one very near the end. Both appear to be the same bit of code having the same problem so I suggest you ask in ATM's thread if those errors are to be expected...

Thanks - yeah, I removed ATM, and that removed the exceptions. I guess I'll have to see if KER works as the only mod.

Well, it certainly sounds like you have a dodgy installation in some way but you will need to give more information (you don't even say what version of KER you have installed or give any details about what you are doing in the game). Can you upload the KSP_x64_data\output_log.txt file (from a short run of the game) and also post a screenshot of the GameData folder and the GameData\Engineer or GameData\KerbalEngineer folder (whichever one you actually have)?

nope, i was just being a dimwit.

i forgot i made a module manager config to automatically add engineer to command pods, for some reason it was in my 'my flags' folder, so i didnt know i'd installed it to the new install...

so i had the auto config, plus the actual part fighting each other.

I found a bug with TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancer. if I put TT18 in stage above rocket, number are missing. If I put TT18 with rocket or below, it showing normal. (sorry for my english, please don't kill me)

http://imgur.com/a/5WWJK

Yes, this isn't anything specifically to do with the launch clamp, rather it is a known problem with the simulation code caused by having a stage that doesn't decouple anything. Basically, when you have such a stage then the simulation will not trigger the stage until all currently active engines have stopped burning. The problem is being worked on and should be fixed reasonably soon. In the meantime, I suggest you simply put the launch clamps in the initial stage that starts the engines...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.