[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

...and after praising the mod, I have to report a bug. :)

I'm getting some erroneous thrust readings from Flight Engineer for air-breathing engines, the computed values do not match what shows in the tweakables for the engine, nor does the maximum thrust for the engine ever change as it should with speed. The TWR readout seems to be similarly affected (presumably since it uses the computed thrust). Engineer version 1.0.7, KSP 0.24.2 for Windows 32-bit.

screenshot222.png

screenshot226.png

screenshot227.png

.craft file. Requires Spaceplane Plus and Procedural Wings.

Output_log.txt

Blizzy's Toolbar

AviationLights

B9_Aerospace (Old version, landing gear only)

LandingHeight

EditorExtensions

Firespitter (.dll only)

KerbalEngineer

HyperEdit

MechJeb2

NavBallTextureExport

DockingPortAlignmentIndicator

ProceduralWings

RCSBuildAid

SpaceplanePlus

TACFuelBalancer

TimeControl

KerbalAlarmClock

AlternateResourcePanel

...and after praising the mod, I have to report a bug. :)

I'm getting some erroneous thrust readings from Flight Engineer for air-breathing engines, the computed values do not match what shows in the tweakables for the engine, nor does the maximum thrust for the engine ever change as it should with speed. The TWR readout seems to be similarly affected (presumably since it uses the computed thrust). Engineer version 1.0.7, KSP 0.24.2 for Windows 32-bit.

I have added an issue to the GitHub repo. It should be very simple to fix so hopefully I can submit a pull request later today...

Edit: Pull request sent...

Edited by Padishar

Not sure what happened, but sometime recently, during my modding efforts, I encountered a bug with KER (I think). When I load a vessel in the VAB that has an Engineer chip on it, the KER GUI shows up momentarily, saying "Simulation failed" and then the game crashes. Any ideas?

Also, this is the tail end of the output log in the Crash directory.

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x00000001039D0000) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x000000003279EDB3) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Engineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation:UpdateResourceDrains () + 0x1e3 (000000003279EBD0 000000003279F143) [0000000002124D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000000003279C97B) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Engineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation:RunSimulation () + 0x72b (000000003279C250 000000003279DD18) [0000000002124D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000000003279BEEF) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Engineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager:RunSimulation (object) + 0x5f (000000003279BE90 000000003279C209) [0000000002124D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x0000000003E00126) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this___object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x76 (0000000003E000B0 0000000003E00195) [0000000002124D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000007FEF35B36CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e
(0x00000000038D7610) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000002124D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

EDIT: I removed two of my recent mod additions to see if they were somehow a conflict, Spaceplane+ being one, and the new KAS being the other. When these mods were removed, the VAB loaded my ships no problem, and the engineer read the stats off like it should. Perhaps the brand new update to KAS is the cause? I'll report back in a minute.

EDIT2: It's both. The engineer runs fine without them, but when I installed just SP+ it crashed, (although engineer still displayed proper readouts, and a weird engine flameout effect was displayed). When I installed just KAS, the game crashed as it had before, with the "simulation failed" warning.

Edited by MarcRan17
new info

Is there a one-click button to hide KER any more? In 1.0.7 (and 1.0.6), clicking the KER button in the KSP toolbar just opens the options. It's especially annoying because KER defaults to open on launch, and TBH, all the info I need for launch is displayed by VOID. I've taken to moving the KER window to the bottom of the screen so that it's out of the way.

Is there a one-click button to hide KER any more? In 1.0.7 (and 1.0.6), clicking the KER button in the KSP toolbar just opens the options. It's especially annoying because KER defaults to open on launch, and TBH, all the info I need for launch is displayed by VOID. I've taken to moving the KER window to the bottom of the screen so that it's out of the way.

There are infact three ways to show/hide the flight engineer.

1.) Use the handy toggle button which says "SHOW ENGINEER". As shown in this super awesome visually enhanced screenshot:

znrVvxt.png

2.) Use the '\' blackslash shortcut key on your keyboard.

3.) The more permanent solution is to run the flight engineer in 'MODULE' mode, which can be set within the settings of the build engineer in the editor. Then it will only be available when you've got an EngineerChip or ER7500 part attached to the vessel.

Hopefully this clears up your issue :D

Version 1.0.7.1 is now available!

Get it here...

Changed: Reversed Intake Air readout from 'S/D' to 'D/S' for easier reading.

Changed: Increased Intake Air readout precision to 4 decimal places.

Fixed: Issue where Intake Air supply was not representative of total supply.

Fixed: Bug where actual thrust does not reset to zero on deactivated engines.

Fixed: Thrust now scales with velocity for atmospheric engines. (Padishar's fix)

A question: Would Intake Air D/S be better expressed as the quotient of the two values? It seems like the raw numbers can be had from the individual displays, and I find that I'm calculating in my head what fraction of supply demand is as that's the number I'm really after. This would also normalize the display across vessels of varying numbers of engines and intakes.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the latest release, you guys are incredibly responsive.

A question: Would Intake Air D/S be better expressed as the quotient of the two values? It seems like the raw numbers can be had from the individual displays, and I find that I'm calculating in my head what fraction of supply demand is as that's the number I'm really after. This would also normalize the display across vessels of varying numbers of engines and intakes.

I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place... Makes so much more sense :P

I'll probably add it as another readout called IntakeAir Ratio. Can't have too many readouts and options right :D

There are infact three ways to show/hide the flight engineer.

1.) Use the handy toggle button which says "SHOW ENGINEER". As shown in this super awesome visually enhanced screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/znrVvxt.png

2.) Use the '\' blackslash shortcut key on your keyboard.

3.) The more permanent solution is to run the flight engineer in 'MODULE' mode, which can be set within the settings of the build engineer in the editor. Then it will only be available when you've got an EngineerChip or ER7500 part attached to the vessel.

Hopefully this clears up your issue :D

Like I said, I was hoping for a one-click, especially since the KSP toolbar is pretty clumsy and it's easy to get something stuck open (for me at least). Backslash would help, but I suck at remembering keyboard shortcuts. Edit: Also, backspace conflicts with another mod that I have. Another option is to have it remember whether it was last open or closed. I think the old version did that.

But, either way, thanks for all the work you're putting in, KER is still an essential mod for me.

Edited by Advacar

I'll probably add it as another readout called IntakeAir Ratio. Can't have too many readouts and options right :D

I would humbly suggest that such a readout be Supply/Demand rather than Demand/Supply. A ratio >1 would mean an excess of intake air, <1 means the engines are at less than full efficiency, and ~0.1 means flameout territory.

And yes, more readouts are more better. :P Especially now that we can customize the displays.

This might not be possible to do but I figured I would ask and see. Is it possible to have a setting to show a maneuver burn time after reentering the game/quicksave restore? I can figure it out by hand (within a couple of seconds anyways) but I have always wanted a way to do this without having to guesstimate, or is that just a limitation of the game itself? I think I have looked through all the different settings but maybe I missed it, it would not be the first time. Thanks for an help either with or about this.

This might not be possible to do but I figured I would ask and see. Is it possible to have a setting to show a maneuver burn time after reentering the game/quicksave restore? I can figure it out by hand (within a couple of seconds anyways) but I have always wanted a way to do this without having to guesstimate, or is that just a limitation of the game itself? I think I have looked through all the different settings but maybe I missed it, it would not be the first time. Thanks for an help either with or about this.

Mechjeb has that readout, among the many useful things it doesn't show by default. I don't think KER has it, though.

I'm still getting crashes on loading the KSC screen scene. ;.;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74775048/output%20logs/output_log.txt

I've posted to the Fine Print thread as well.

Looks as if the crash is happening in stock code, so it's more than likely you're just experiencing the effects of x64 syndrome. First try the usual, like running in administrator mode etc. Then playing on 32bit would be my recommendation if that does not help.

Sorry if this isn't much help, but 64bit can be completely unstable, and will just seem to crash for random reasons with a critical mass of mods. You are also not mentioning the other mods: FloorIt, ModuleManager, ResearchThemAll, Toolbar, ActiveTextureManager, AlignedCurrencyIndicator, BahaSP, CactEye, Chatterer, ConnectedLivingSpace, DebRefund, DefaultThrottle, ModStatistics... Actually, I'll stop there, you have tonnes of mods installed and any combination of them including Engineer and Fine Print could be causing the critical mass required; ending in what unfortunatly is a completely expected and normal "feature" of the Win64 build of Unity.

Edited by cybutek

Hey, just wanted to note - there still seems to be an issue between this and HotRockets. I looked around for info on it, and couldn't tell if it had been resolved in the past or not. When I have HR installed alongside KER v1.0.7.1, everything seems fine in the VAB, but once launched, the information in the 'vessel' area (thrust, delta v, twr, etc...) all displays as 0 or NaN. The only thing showing up was mass, but it was incorrect (it was only counting my first stage, I think). Even after staging off the engine (tried with LV-T30, LV-T45, and Poodle), Acceleration displays as 0. Everything functions as expected if HotRockets is removed.

Tested on an otherwise clean version of the game (0.24.2). I'm running the Linux version, in case that matters.

Version 1.0.8 is now available!

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/222685-kerbal-engineer-redux

Added: New readouts to the vessel category:

- Intake Air (Usage)

Added: New readouts to the rendezvous category:

- Relative Velocity

- Relative Speed

Fixed: An issue where deltaV would not be calculated whilst flying.

Fixed: NullRef whilst loading the in flight Action Menu.

Version 1.0.8 is now available!

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/222685-kerbal-engineer-redux

Added: New readouts to the vessel category:

- Intake Air (Usage)

Added: New readouts to the rendezvous category:

- Relative Velocity

- Relative Speed

Fixed: An issue where deltaV would not be calculated whilst flying.

Fixed: NullRef whilst loading the in flight Action Menu.

Awesome, I meet bug #1 but thought it was related to the simulation time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.