[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

I'm getting an issue where the KER screen is stuck showing the statistics for a single ship in the editor. I built a 6-stage rocket with flight engineer onboard and launched it, and apparently KER now thinks that a brand new craft I've built consisting of solely a Stayputnick contains 6 stages and 5km/s delta-V. This also happens if I exit to main menu and load a completely different profile. 0.6.10 as I'm still on 24.2

Is it possible to make KER 1.0.9.3 remember in-flight setting, specifically to show or not to show its window? Sometimes I use KER, sometimes MJ, so it's quite annoying that it pops up every time I switch to a vessel or buils a new one.

Can anyone tell me what the tape-drive do-hicky does? I think it's the 7500. I've seen this part sitting around for a long time never knowing what it does.

It used to behow you got the functionality of the Engineer on your ship. If you didn't have that part, the Engineer windows wouldn't show up. That's been removed and the part is there now just so old ships won't be invalid.

I'm getting an issue where the KER screen is stuck showing the statistics for a single ship in the editor. I built a 6-stage rocket with flight engineer onboard and launched it, and apparently KER now thinks that a brand new craft I've built consisting of solely a Stayputnick contains 6 stages and 5km/s delta-V. This also happens if I exit to main menu and load a completely different profile. 0.6.10 as I'm still on 24.2

It appears that the simulation code has stalled. I assume you have restarted KSP by now and the problem has gone away. Can you repeat it? If so, can you upload your output_log.txt (or player.log) file as described in the "How to get support" sticky thread in the "Support (Modded installs)" sub-forum? Also, can you upload the craft file of the rocket that it appeared to get stuck on?

Hey Cybutek... take a look at this craft... It makes KER eats all the resources over time. In flight or in editor.

Looks like it enters an infinity loop somehow... https://www.dropbox.com/s/srjer6zvsqneq85/DSS%20-%20Borealis.craft?dl=0

I'll take a look. Does it use any part mods? What exactly is going wrong? What versions of KSP and KER are you running? If it was entering an "infinity loop" then the updates of the deltaV stats would stop but you don't mention this. Please try and follow the instructions in the "How to get support" thread I mentioned above.

it uses only stock parts. when I load this ship with KER instaled, it does the wrong Dv reading, ang games starts to get slower and slower. Then it starts to get small lag peaks. Frame rate decreses a lot, and then crashes, just lock. w/o giving any error messages... nothing in logs also.

it uses only stock parts. when I load this ship with KER instaled, it does the wrong Dv reading, ang games starts to get slower and slower. Then it starts to get small lag peaks. Frame rate decreses a lot, and then crashes, just lock. w/o giving any error messages... nothing in logs also.

You may think there is "nothing in logs" but there is always lots of useful information in the output_log.txt/player.log file. Even if this is just which OS you are on and the versions of KSP and KER you are running which you seem unwilling to supply.

Hello,

I play KSP since 0.22 and always use the "old" version of KER (now v0.6). With the 0.25, I switch to the v1, and there is some things I don't understand. With v0.6, when I want to intercept an object (a vessel or a moon), I burn prograde when the Intercept Angle reach 0° (if I'm below the target, 360° if I'm above). With v1, these angles seems messed up (or at least, for me ^^ )

Later today I load my previous saved game (last saved on 0.24.2), and re-install KER v0.6 for the compatibility. And when I open the two versions altogether, indeed the values are differents :

9eb6f33b-854b-465d-9c11-0e39b6df1cbc.jpg

In flight the Phase Angle is inverted (negative for one, positive for the other)

Landed, even this doesn't match :

a14feb75-2e8e-40af-88ac-334124d7f258.jpg

So I wondered : there is a change on the approach of KER with the v1, or am I experiencing a bug ? I worked a long time with KER when I started KSP to understand all the angles, but with the v1 I'm totally lost. Can someone explain me ? ^^

So I wondered : there is a change on the approach of KER with the v1, or am I experiencing a bug ? I worked a long time with KER when I started KSP to understand all the angles, but with the v1 I'm totally lost. Can someone explain me ? ^^

Looks like there could be a bit of a bug. I'll delve into it and try to solve for the next version.

Yeah, hi! Occasionally the handy "vessel" overlay (bottom left in editor) is not showing, only the "resources" tab... Not sure if there's a config somewhere or if I should post a bug report. Version 1.0.9.3.

Great mod btw.

You may think there is "nothing in logs" but there is always lots of useful information in the output_log.txt/player.log file. Even if this is just which OS you are on and the versions of KSP and KER you are running which you seem unwilling to supply.

windows 7 64bits, 8Gb ram, KER 1.0.9.3

so... you loaded the craft? chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Yeah, hi! Occasionally the handy "vessel" overlay (bottom left in editor) is not showing, only the "resources" tab... Not sure if there's a config somewhere or if I should post a bug report. Version 1.0.9.3.

Great mod btw.

A few people have had that problem... I am unable to replicate it and am yet to get a log file from any of them.

If you're able to post your output_log that would be greatly appreciated :)

windows 7 64bits, 8Gb ram, KER 1.0.9.3

so... you loaded the craft? http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Yes, though as I didn't know what version of KER you were using I did it with 0.6.2.11. I added an engineer part and then scrolled, panned and zoomed around it in the VAB for about 5 minutes. Then I left it running in the background for over an hour and when I went back to it the VAB was still doing 60 fps with garbage collection glitches down to 55 or so, just like it had been from the start.

It's late now and I need sleep but I'll run a similar test with 1.0.9.3 tomorrow...

Any chance of that complete log file and/or a complete list of all your plugin mods with their version numbers?

A few people have had that problem... I am unable to replicate it and am yet to get a log file from any of them.

If you're able to post your output_log that would be greatly appreciated :)

I noticed this on my 0.24.2 install (which had a pile of mods). When upgrading to 0.25 and a fresh install, the problem disappeared and hasn't recurred with the few mods I've added. My bet is it's some interaction with another mod.

Here's an old output_log.txt, not sure if it is useful or not. I believe this was with 1.9.0, I had reverted back from 1.9.1 when I first noticed the problem. My apologies for the size of the log file.

Here's the list of mods installed (apologies for this being an image rather than text):

Screenshot%202014-10-15%2021.31.02.png

I have a minor complaint. Flight Engineer always defaults to having the 'visible' option selected. Sure, it's easy enough to just close it again, but I shouldn't need to do this every time I start the game. I don't know if everyone else just leaves it on, but I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned more.

I have a minor complaint. Flight Engineer always defaults to having the 'visible' option selected. Sure, it's easy enough to just close it again, but I shouldn't need to do this every time I start the game. I don't know if everyone else just leaves it on, but I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned more.

Well, it (and a related issue about how it actually saves the state) has been mentioned at least twice in the last few pages of this thread. It isn't much of a chore to mouse-over the KER button and then click on the button to hide it...

Edit: and yes, CalculusWarrior, using the \ key is even less of a chore... ;)

Edited by Padishar

This isn't a fix, but simply pressing the '\' key will hide the Flight Engineer Window.

Is there a way to make the KE window not open everytime I launch a new craft or load a save?

Probably should read back through the last couple pages. This has been mentioned multiple times.

A small fix concerning this is due in the next release as I did find a bug causing the display stack to not save its hidden state.

If it's not too late for the next release...

I noticed a pretty annoying but small.. bug, I guess, with the input lock code you use (1.0.9.3). Mouseover the KER window in the editor and then press \ to hide the window. The camera and all Save, New, Exit etc buttons are all non-responsive - basically, the input lock is still active. Only way to fix it is to bring back up the KER window and then mouse off. Don't know if it's fixable, but it happens.. pretty tiny thing, but it did confuse me for a few seconds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.