[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Hello guys,

is there an option to make Kerbal Engineer work without the Chips attached to the ship?

You could go old school and add the functionality to all command pods and probe cores with a modulemanager config. Sadly, it's been so long since I needed one I don't have it anymore, but it was pretty simple.

I found this, it's pretty old but it may work out of the box and if it doesn't all you should need to change is the BuildEngineer to maybe FlightEngineer or whatever it's named these days. You should be able to find that in the part config for the part in the Gamedata folder for KER.

Old modman config for ker

EDIT: NINJA'd with actual correct information. Ignore me :)

Edited by 5thHorseman

This might sound stupid, but is it possible to add in the option to ignore Seperatrons in the dV calculation?

At the moment when you put them on the ship it negatively affects the DV, but obviously once the Seperatrons fire (assuming they are used to separate stages) they are no longer connected to the active ship, so I don't care what dV they'll have.

This might sound stupid, but is it possible to add in the option to ignore Seperatrons in the dV calculation?

At the moment when you put them on the ship it negatively affects the DV, but obviously once the Seperatrons fire (assuming they are used to separate stages) they are no longer connected to the active ship, so I don't care what dV they'll have.

You can work around this by tweaking their thrust to zero. It's a bit tedious though, and it's easy to forget to tweak it back up.

Can you provide an example craft where this is an issue. The sepratrons should only be included in the calculations when they are actually significant, if they fire after the part they are attached too has been decoupled from the rest of the craft but they are still included in the calculations then this is a bug that needs fixing. I haven't explicitly tested this for some time so it is quite possible that something is wrong. Two craft, one with and one without the sepratrons, would be very helpful...

I 've seen a small bug:

the longitude is shown as 386,... ° instead of 26,...° (360°+26) on the mun http://i.imgur.com/SkyT28z.jpg

2) can we resize the width of hud1 and hud2?in a config files?(too large for me: i would like to put other think in the top of screen, so much good usefull mod..)

3) is it compatible with easytoolbar mod? i didnt seen the option if there is...

and a suggestion, add a close button on each windows near edit and float.

nice job anyway and with the news limitations in career it's great.

EDIT:

i take a look in my saved file in carreer (for an other problem) and i found the coordonates:latitude, longitude of ship in it and it appear the vessel was shawn at 386° too so maybe it 's not a problem in the mod..

Edited by Skalou

While we are on the subject of requests, would it be possible to have the option to have HUD windows "wrap" up?

As it is now, if you have stage dV near the bottom of the screen, it will cause rockets with more stages to "wrap" the extra info down off the screen. This could be fixed if the we had the option to make HUD windows auto-scale up instead of down.

I've noticed Engineer Redux format time intervals, for example, time to apoapsis, in earth days. Is there a way to format it in Kerbin days to match ingame time format?

4 posts up from yours :)

How do I get the orbital & manuever node information to show time based on the 6 hour Kerbal day instead of Earth days?
It's in the options. I'm not in the game right now so can't look at the screen but I'm pretty sure it's on the first page of options.

(I'm not in the game right now either)

Hey Cybutek, i've been able to make Engineer parts from v0.6 totally backwards compatible with v1.0. It's very simple, you copy the EngineerChipFlight folder from the v0.6 of Engineer into the parts folder for v1.0. No messing with configuration files or anything required. It works perfectly. All my ships that had the 0.6 parts are fine with the newer version. No issues. I love the interface in V1.0 btw, very clean

I know pretty much nothing about the coding for KER (or really KSP in general). But I noticed a NullRef on scene change from Flight to Editor. It happened several times during my last play session.

Here is the error...Let me know if you need the whole log.

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to EDITOR =====================

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Exception in StartSimulation: System.NullReferenceException:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim..ctor (.Part thePart, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation.PrepareSimulation (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Double theGravity, Double theAtmosphere, Double theVelocity, Boolean dumpTree, Boolean vectoredThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

I'm getting this error also when switching to the VAB or SPH causing the game to crash. Could also be related to crashes I'm occasionally getting when switching to different craft, but those rarely show anything useful in the log.

When a O-10 mono-propellant engine exists on a vessel, KER spams the log with:

[LOG 20:30:12.398] KerbalEngineer -> 2001413032

I have confirmed that it is not related to other mods, and happens with a completely virgin install of KSP 0.90 and KER 1.0.31.1. It happens in the VAB and also continuously during flight if there is an O-10 engine on the vessel. Steps to repeat:

Fresh install of KSP 0.90

Install KER 1.0.31.1 to GameData

Launch the game, start a new Sandbox game

Go the the VAB

Start with a command pod, add an RCS tank, add an O-10 engine.

Look in KSP.log, observe message spamming beginning the moment you added the O-10 engine.

The game itself seems to spam Look rotation viewing vector is zero messages associated with the O-10 engine, regardless of whether KER is installed or not. I don't think this is related because I can make that error go away by editing the node_attach line in the O-10 config file and it doesn't stop the KER message.

The only mention of 2001413032 that I can find is this code in KAC which indicates it is an identifier for mono-propellant.

This GitHub issue relates to the same thing.

Happy to supply log files if needed, but it is pretty easy to reproduce.

I absolutely love this mod! But I seem to be seeing a bug in the HUD latitude displays. It won't display my latitude if it is south of the equator, but not a full degree south. Basically, everything from 0°0'1" S to 0°59'59" S is displayed as N instead.

When you click edit, there is a drop down menu called "Categories" and look for miscellaneous and you can add the toggle to the main window.
It's truly deviously hidden.

I second that. Even with those instructions, I still can't find it. Back to using MechJeb...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.