[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Has anyone had a problem with the toolbar button going black and unresponsive? The VAB gui is still funcitonal but the flight gui has completely disappeared and the toolbar button has gone black and doesn't do anything. This has happened on two different installs (with lots of mods) where everything works the first time I open the game - flight gui is there - but starting on the second time I open the game it breaks.

Here's the log:

[Log 10:24:34.2707200]: BuildToolbar->Awake
[Log 10:24:35.1932770]: BuildToolbar->OnGuiAppLauncherReady
[Log 10:27:42.0650450]: BuildToolbar->OnDestroy
[Log 10:27:42.4277280]: BuildToolbar->Awake
[Log 10:27:43.9185310]: BuildToolbar->OnGuiAppLauncherReady
[Log 10:27:52.0940530]: BuildToolbar->OnDestroy
[Log 10:27:53.6046120]: ActionMenu was created.
[Log 10:27:53.6050530]: ActionMenu->Awake
[Log 10:27:53.6062520]: FlightEngineerCore->Awake
[Log 10:27:54.8640820]: ActionMenu->Start
[Log 10:27:54.8893290]: FlightEngineerCore->Start
[Log 10:27:55.3848170]: ActionMenuGui was created.
[Exception 10:31:01.7846170]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[]: at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Vessel.SuicideBurnProcessor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalEngineer.Flight.FlightEngineerCore.UpdateModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Is there maybe a way of just disabling the suicide burn processor? Is that even the culprit?

edit: Huh... I went to the settings and chose the partless option and now it works.

Edited by pina_coladas

Heya, first up great mod. I love the information this gives

I also have a problem though, I construct my rockets by making launch vehicles and then attaching my payload through the subassembly system. But when I do this, KER is not recognising the sub-assembly as a stage and therefore providing me with incorrect delta-V.

Is there a fix for this?

Heya, first up great mod. I love the information this gives

I also have a problem though, I construct my rockets by making launch vehicles and then attaching my payload through the subassembly system. But when I do this, KER is not recognising the sub-assembly as a stage and therefore providing me with incorrect delta-V.

Is there a fix for this?

After you attach the payload, reroot the launcher+payload from the uppermost part in the stack. KER and other dV calculators struggle with the root part in a middle stage.

Alternately, make the launcher the subassembly instead of the payload.

Also, welcome to the forums!

After you attach the payload, reroot the launcher+payload from the uppermost part in the stack. KER and other dV calculators struggle with the root part in a middle stage.

Alternately, make the launcher the subassembly instead of the payload.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the tip, rerooting the craft to the top calculated the upper delta-V stage, but now my middle stage SRB is not being calculated heh. I'll take a screenshot if that is helpful at all

That would be helpful, a pic in the VAB with the KER window open, please. :)

Okaaaay I just tried to reproduce this and now your instructions work perfectly.

I closed and reopened the game in between these two posts so maybe there was some sort of glitch happening the first time I tried this, but more likely I derped horribly and followed instructions wrong :P

Thanks for your help, if I can make this happen again I'll post a screenshot and logs so we can finnick out any bugs :)

Hmm. MY delta V indications are all messed up, and by that I mean its just not calculating. It won't show me TWR or delta V. I'm guessing theres something wrong with how its detecting the engines. The only stagable components on the craft are engines (the thing is a massive interplanetary). Would it have anything to do with the engines drawing fuel through docking ports? I cant imagine thats the problem since it wont read TWR either.

It should be noted that the current iteration of the craft uses stock nukes but a previous iteration was built with Near Future magnetoplasma engines. I have a class at 1 and I'm gone for lunch so I'll try a fresh reinstall on KER at about 3PM my time (in about 3 hours).

EDIT: fresh install of KER does not affect anything. :/

EDIT 2: KER seems to work fine on some craft. Cannot confirm or deny that this is linked to the NTRs or the NFP engines. Further testing in progress.

Edited by Captain Sierra

Version 1.0.15.0 is now available! - Get it here!

Contains some fixes by Padishar:

Added: Support KIDS ISP thrust correction.

Fixed: Log spam for stage priority mode.

Fixed: Locked tanks preventing simulation from staging.

Fixed: No flow and all vessel modes to respect flow states.

Thanks for the quick merge and release cybutek. Sorry I've not been very productive recently but I've been really busy with work and other RL things...

Don't worry... I'm in exactly the same situation right now with work and everything :)

This just popped up after updating KER. Is it part of KER? If so what does it do and how can I close the gui it's in my way!

g811r4u.png''

I thought maybe remote tech but I have not updated it and I checked the sit and saw nothing there. There is no close button and I have no idea what is does

This just popped up after updating KER. Is it part of KER? If so what does it do and how can I close the gui it's in my way!

http://i.imgur.com/g811r4u.png''

I thought maybe remote tech but I have not updated it and I checked the sit and saw nothing there. There is no close button and I have no idea what is does

It's Action Groups Extended. Not sure why you would only notice it after updating KER

Well, it's nothing to do with KER as far as I know. I would have thought that RemoteTech is a much more likely candidate than AGX given the RT in the window title and the fact that the RT change log talks about queued commands...

Edit: Actually the window is provided by AGX as part of integration with RT. It looks like you need to click the "Show RemoteTech" button in the AGX settings window to toggle the showing of the window.

Edited by Padishar

Well, it's nothing to do with KER as far as I know. I would have thought that RemoteTech is a much more likely candidate than AGX given the RT in the window title and the fact that the RT change log talks about queued commands...

Edit: Actually the window is provided by AGX as part of integration with RT. It looks like you need to click the "Show RemoteTech" button in the AGX settings window to toggle the showing of the window.

You are absolutely correct I updated both KER and AGExt. I just forgot that I updated AGE. When I opened the editor I saw the new options and saw where I could turn the gui off. Thx for the reply.

Hey, so I just noticed this bug, actually noticed it before with the Skipper B, but now also with the LV-909B. I don't use those engines, but I thought I'd share this peculiar bug.

Also if an option to have the In-Flight menus open "Up" instead of "Down" that'd be cool.

Can you explain what you think the bug is and why you think it is something to do with KER? Also, a list of all your installed mods and an output_log.txt file would help us to determine what is going on...

Can you explain what you think the bug is and why you think it is something to do with KER? Also, a list of all your installed mods and an output_log.txt file would help us to determine what is going on...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry, messed up my thread posting.

Fixed, kept the correct part. :)

Edited by Fueniker S.

I absolutely love this mod! But I seem to be seeing a bug in the HUD latitude displays. It won't display my latitude if it is south of the equator, but not a full degree south. Basically, everything from 0°0'1" S to 0°59'59" S is displayed as N instead.

Hi! Just noting that this bug still exists in v1.0.15.0.

Looks like CKAN automatically gets the latest version from releases on github, and this mod hasn't created a new release for 1.0.15.0 on github. Once they do that it will be available in CKAN.

Sorry about that... Completely slipped my mind that KER is also distributed using CKAN.

Just added a release to the GitHub repo so CKAN should pick it up when it does its next crawl.

Fixed: Log spam for stage priority mode.

Then something must have gone wrong with my install when I removed the old version of KER completely and copied across the one from KerbalEngineer-1.0.15.0.zip :/

ZIWLtnN.png

Sandbox save (not new though), stock Learstar.. here's the output_log.txt, you can see the version of KER it loads is 1.0.15.0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.