[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Yes, if you click the KER button on the toolbar and select "Edit" for a HUD it becomes a movable window. When you exit the editor it will return to its regular appearance but stay in its new position.

Oh my. That was so simple. I can't tell you how many times I tried to edit it and never realized the HUD windows went opaque and were movable :)

Is there a way to use this to calculate how high of an orbit I can while building a craft? Right now I just trial-and-error it by reverting when I see that I can get a higher orbit.

Not really, other that just knowing. You should be able to figure out how much dV you need to simply get into orbit (Usually it's 4500-5000 but every ship and player varies) and then from there you can use a chart like this one to guesstimate how much more dV you'll need. For example, if it takes you 4500dV to get into a basic 70-80km orbit then you can guess you'll need another 1100-1200 to get Keostationary, 860 or so to encounter Mun, 950 or so to encounter Minmus, etc. For orbits lower than Keostationary you can get away with less dV, for higher, more.

You can use the in-flight readouts to note how much dV you have remaining before and after you reach orbit, and thereby get hard number for a specific orbit.

New here, just bought the game. Is the orbit period displayed anywhere?

Yes it's in the "Orbit" section. You may need to add it through the configuration. I'm almost sure it's just called "orbital period" but I don't use it so I'm not sure. I did use it in the past, though, when setting up satellites for RemoteTech.

Yes it's in the "Orbit" section. You may need to add it through the configuration. I'm almost sure it's just called "orbital period" but I don't use it so I'm not sure. I did use it in the past, though, when setting up satellites for RemoteTech.

Thanks! That's actually why I needed it, I decided to make the game interesting by adding some mods.

1. Can I resize a custom HUD? I need one more row visible.

2. Is there a man page that describes hotkeys? I found "\" to toggle display by accident. What others are there?

3. What does the BG button do?

Edited by ctbram

My KSP install's UI has been having issues ever since I downloaded this addon. There have been deadzones in the editor where i cant click or interact and I cant launch anything directly from the launch pad. I also can't select crews for my vehicles in the VAB or SPH. Has anyone else had this problem or is their a known fix? (I really love this addon and want to keep using it!)

Lately I've encountered the bug where you can't go to the Space Center, recover a vessel, or quickload.

I can't be certain this is related to Kerbal Engineer, but when I removed it I no longer experienced this issue.

Is this a known issue with this plugin or is there something else at work here?

According to other threads on the topic it has something to do with memory usage, so I installed the Active Texture Management plugin, and KSP did indeed use less memory, but it didn't help a bit for this issue.

How do i change Kerbal Engineer stats update timing? I want to change update interval to 2 secs while orbiting, and to 5 seconds in VAB. There is update interval in VAB, which is buggy:

you can't drag it go more than 999ms, because it jumps back weirdly,

that setting isn't saved and you need to fix it manually each time.

Also "Sim delay slider" while orbiting does nothing, (not sure it's saved either)

The reason why ask this is because KER kills fps greatly, fps is around 2 times lower on part heavy ships.

I've spent a lot of time for configuring this mod: making custom windows, tuning stats i need to see, editing config files manually, Ker kill more fps than all of my other mods combined.

CGmbEt3.png

I think it is one of the best mods for KSP, but until lag disappears i'm forced to remove it from my modlist.

Edited by Myslius

Quick question please.

I use KER with BTSM and when I build a rocket in the VAB I get one DV readout (with atmosphere selected) and I get a different readout when I go to the launchpad under vessel. The difference is only about 10 to 20 DVD but I was wondering what is the reason?

thanks!

I use KER with BTSM and when I build a rocket in the VAB I get one DV readout (with atmosphere selected) and I get a different readout when I go to the launchpad under vessel. The difference is only about 10 to 20 DVD but I was wondering what is the reason?

The difference is that KER displays values for sea level in the VAB by default with atmosphere selected, but the launchpad is about 70m above sea level with a tiny bit less atmospheric pressure so engines will be a tiny bit more efficient. It usually doesn't make a lot of difference, but if your ship has a lot of dV it can be enough to be noticeable (I've noticed it more with nuclear engines, nukes are especially sensitive to pressure).

I have been trying for two days to get Kerbal Engineer to show up in game. The file structure is correct. I was told that the backslash key activates the onscreen overlay but for the life of me I can't get it to show up. Any info on what I may be missing is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricky

I think you're right. IIRC the vessel simulation that does the dV calculation assumes each stage will burn all available fuel before ejecting a stage, so in the case of the craft you've shown the first ion engine burns through it all.

That's a bit of an edge case, most ion designs I've seen jettison tanks but not thrusters. Still, it might be something the modders might want to look at.

I have been trying for two days to get Kerbal Engineer to show up in game. The file structure is correct. I was told that the backslash key activates the onscreen overlay but for the life of me I can't get it to show up. Any info on what I may be missing is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricky

Still not having any luck. I now have NavHud installed as well but it is not showing up either. It has to be something simple but I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Ricky

The most likely cause of several mods not working is a windows security issue. Basically, on some systems, mod plugin DLLs will not load if KSP is installed in the Program Files folder. Try copying you whole "Kerbal Space Program" folder from there into another location (e.g. create a folder C:\Games and put it in there).

Might I request a feature:

A set of readings for contract locations. Selected contract navigation point, whether you are in the region or not, distance to region, heading to region. I seem to always miss the notification when I'm entering a region and there's no other way to tell if you're in one or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.