[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

The problem of KER not clearing its input lock correctly after expanding to advanced then back to compact has returned.

DZL6CWy.jpg

In this picture, I'm placing the second part of the long strut to the top adapter, but KERs input lock is present, despite the cursor being nowhere near KER.

So I seem to have found some sort of bug. I've been using your mod for a long time, but this is the first time I've seen this, and I've isolated it to this mod since this is the only mod I have installed and the problem is not reproducible when the mod is removed.

Snip

Did you try to turn down/up the simulation delay done by KER in its in-game settings menu?

edit: removed the double quote, lol.

Version 1.0.16.4 is now available! - Get it here!

Fixed: Physically insignificant part mass is now accounted for.

Changed: Module mass accounted for as it now makes its way onto the launch pad (e.g. fairings).

Various optimisations:

Object pooling.

Removed LINQ expressions.

Converted foreach to for loops.

Yes. Very good work cybutek, much appreciated!

Ugh. Is this compatible with KSP v 1.0.2 which just dropped?

Should be. The only changes for 1.0.2 were a tweak to the Mk16 parachutes drag and a cooling issue when splashed down. Nothing that KER would seem to apply to.

Only 1 way to find out though. Fire it up!

Hey Cybutek, AVC doesn't seem to be detecting that there is an update for KER, and a whole bunch of other mods. Using 1.0.2

I mean, it sees that it's out of date, but it isn't showing the download link that goes to the most recent update.

Edited by smjjames

Hello, since 1.0.1 the staging seems to be working incorrectly. I have a center stage, with three identical tanks radially outside of it. They are separated using radial decouplers, but before that the radial tanks are feeding the center tank with fuel ducts. This should show two stages, One with all four, then one with just the center after decoupling. But only one is showing up. 1.0.2 has the same issue.

This is because AVC only notifies of updates if the new version was built to run on the currently installed KSP version. Mod authors can trick AVC into allowing usage on older versions, whilst still displaying update information by changing the KSP_VERSION to 1.0.2 and adding a KSP_VERSION_MIN value if not currently present, then setting it to 1.0.1 (or whatever the minimum version the mod works on). These changes should be done on the remote version file, as this takes precedent whenever it's available.

The downside to this is that anyone running the older version of the mod will not get the update notification until they've updated their KSP.

cybutek,

I'm finding kerbal engineer to be giving me incorrect delta-v estimates. With a single mk1 command pod, FL-t200 tank, and LV909 engine, KER is reporting 1125 m/s estimated delta-v, and the rocket equation estimate suggests it should be closer to 1762 m/s. I'm using KSP 1.0.2 (deleted the old KER prior to updating to 1.02) and the stuff in my version file is:

"VERSION":

{

"MAJOR":1,

"MINOR":0,

"PATCH":16,

"BUILD":4

},

Thanks

Thanks for being on the ball about keeping KER up to date and working, cybutek! It's been my go-to mod for ages now, and I don't see that changing unless SQUAD implements basically all of KER's functionality into stock.

I am having some serious problems getting KerbalEngineer to work. The parts show up but the plugin refuses to activate. I've used it successfully before on earlier versions. Help would be appreciated!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.