[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Ok. I may be doing something wrong. KSP v 1.0.2 KER 1.0.16.5.

I'm editing the different windows, using the up down arrows to shuffle atmospheric efficiency to the bottom of the surface display so I can find it at a glance. It has now disappeared from the display and I can't get it back. Same with impact time/ impact biome. It happened in 1.0 as well when I removed atmo eff. to add it to the bottom (before I understood what the arrows do).

What am I missing?

Does anybody have an idea why KER doesn't properly register booster separation in this design:

6dM0ek9l.png

Boosters cut of at T+1:16, core at T+2:47. This bug happens across vessels (had it happen in my original heavy lifter design, this thing is a rebuild), KSP versions and KER versions (basically happened in 1.0 with KER 1.16.3, 1.0.1/2 with KER 1.16.3 and 1.0.2 with 1.16.5) - other rockets work fine though.

I have downloaded your mod and i look forward to using it.

Although I have installed it according to the directions the game screen is black unless I press one of the buttons then it is just a starfield with no sign of anyplanet or object. The HUD is visible and responsive but just displays random numbers

I have downloaded your mod and i look forward to using it.

Although I have installed it according to the directions the game screen is black unless I press one of the buttons then it is just a starfield with no sign of anyplanet or object. The HUD is visible and responsive but just displays random numbers

okay well that changed when I load a game it doesnt display the space center, it just goes straight to a starfield

OK, KER has now a problem, they nerved the enginsystem in a way that the TWR isn't correct anymore.

I made a test rocket thingy with 6 Terrier engines and KER told me I would have a TWR of 2.5 on that thing.

But on the pad the engines didn't put out hardly any thrust. (The animation of the engine effect looks like I am running it at 10% or so) it is getting better as higher I go (strapped a mainsail underneath for further testing) but they really nerved the Lv-909 and KER currently doesn't takes account for that.

@Bizz,

Are you setting the build engineer view to 'Atmospheric' in the VAB?

Since 1.0 engine thrust varies with altitude (and the 'Terrier' has a big spread. It's really not designed to be used as an atmospheric lifter engine). KER (at least for me) does report the correct, very-low thrust and TWR if set to atmospheric mode. If you're looking a vacuum mode, particularly for that engine, the numbers will be way off.

Hi

Unfortunatelly KER for 1.02 is still calculating wrong values. (This worsens if you use tweakscale!)

Steps to repoduce:

Build rocket

- Ker calculates (seem correct for orbit for example) (but thex are wrong!)

Launch Rocket

- Revert to VAB

-> Ker Values way of! Also they do not get corrected if i attach a new part or so... (but these values seem to be more correct)

Looking forward for a fix!

Thanks!

Edited by ManuxKerb
typos

okay, I have no idea if this is still valid, since I tested it with 1.0 two days ago, and there've been a number of updates. but the suicide burn information seems to not take into account ground height. I was trying to land on the mun and thought I'd try it out, ended up crashing into the ground despite starting a good 20 seconds before engineer told me to.

Engineer is calculating how much delta V you have with a fairing, but it doesn't show you how much you'll be left with after staging it before you actually launch and stage it.

Engineer in the VAB stages after all fuel in the current stage has been used. It's not possible to assume a time at which a fairing will be staged, as it could be staged before launching, mid stage or end of stage.

Just wondering. Got the latest KER and while I need to check if I used the wrong set of values for delta v (vacuum vs atm) there is still a couple of things that seems odd.

First, the mass. The rocket is 1 Mk I pod, the KER circuit board, 3 1/8 tanks, 3 radial parachutes, the t-45 engine. Additinally, 1 Rockomax decoupler, 2x t-38k and the tiny nosecone (test rig).

After depleting the fuel the mass was, according to KER, 400/3.xxx, 3.xxx being 3 tons something which was the correct value. Wondering about the 400.

Second: Parts count after fireing the two t-38's and with the rockomax still attached was 1.0/10.0

Is this intentional and if so, could someone shed some light on what the 400 and that 1.0 means?

EDIT: Addtional mods are KIS, KAS and KOS, all latest versions.

Edited by LN400

Hey

I just found out that the delta-V amount does change randomly sometimes, if i attach or remove some parts (no tanks). I just "lost" 1000 m/s. (tank is still attached....)

Please fix this building without it is nearly not possible in carreer!

Thanks

Are there any alternatives ?

Edited by ManuxKerb

Hey

I just found out that the delta-V amount does change randomly sometimes, if i attach or remove some parts (no tanks). I just "lost" 1000 m/s.

Please fix this building without it is nearly not possible in carreer!

Thanks

If you attach or remove parts it changes the craft mass so the dV changes accordingly.

Nope not that much, he part i attached was a battery -> 0,005 Mass This does not cost 1000 delta-v also when i return from lauchpad there are magicy delta v gone.

While im here another question:

How do i calculate the delta-v in Orbit. KER does not provide Orbit as a "Planet" ?

Thanks

Edited by ManuxKerb

Is this intentional and if so, could someone shed some light on what the 400 and that 1.0 means?

That's the weight of the MonoPropellant that's stored in the pod.

How do i calculate the delta-v in Orbit. KER does not provide Orbit as a "Planet" ?

By toggling whether you're viewing in atmospheric mode or not. Big button at the top :)

- - - Updated - - -

Build rocket

- Ker calculates (seem correct for orbit for example) (but thex are wrong!)

Launch Rocket

- Revert to VAB

-> Ker Values way of! Also they do not get corrected if i attach a new part or so... (but these values seem to be more correct)

!

I am unable to reproduce by using a Mk1 Pod, FL-T400 and LV-T45 launched and hyper edited into orbit and then reverted back to the VAB. Have also tried with a simple two stage rocket.

Edited by cybutek

Still broken.

Going from circular orbit to Mun escape.

The game tells me burn will take 500 Delta V.

Redux tells me i have 1200 Delta V.

Fuel runs out when 100 game-Delta V remains to burn.

aka. broken.

Please fix

What craft are you using? Using fairings? Staging structure? I need more information. Just saying "it's broke" isn't very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Version 1.0.16.6 is now available! - Get it here!

Fixed: Separately staged fairing mass jettisons are now calculated in the editor.

What craft are you using? Using fairings? Staging structure? I need more information. Just saying "it's broke" isn't very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Version 1.0.16.6 is now available! - Get it here!

Fixed: Separately staged fairing mass jettisons are now calculated in the editor.

Ok so im circulating mun at low orbit and wanna go home.

Im in a ....ty Lander can on top of a 2.25 fueltank and a poodle Engine.

Addon says 1200 dV and around 50 sec burn time left.

when i full burn fuel runs out in far less than 50 sec, more like 25 sec.

and the plotted trajectory using manouver node says i need about 500 dV to escape mun, but fuel runs out when there is still 100 dV to go.

as i said, im just in a Little rocket with 3 pods strapped on to it. and poodle Engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.