[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

I'm not sure if you can just load my quicksave 'cause I'm using b9 procedural wings

Well, stock craft are preferred but I can always install b9 if I have to. Basically, if you do upload a save then include a list of your mods and, if there aren't too many and I don't have problems installing them, I'll give it a go...

Oxidizer, however, follows the traditional rocket fuel flow rules, draining tanks sequentially with fuel lines required. I suspect if fuel lines were added from the fuselage to the engine nacelles the counter would show the dV (or if the oxidizer was transferred to the nacelles manually).

You are right, there is no more oxidizer in small tanks, but.. engines work!

Edited by Shpiler

Minor bug, if you have a decoupler set as a root part, KER doesn't display the data for stages above that root part'd decoupler (or all stages?). MJ is also affected in that it'll display NaN for TWR and SLT for stages above the decoupler.

More info over here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12384-PART-1-0-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v2-5?p=1943249&viewfull=1#post1943249

Minor bug, if you have a decoupler set as a root part, KER doesn't display the data for stages above that root part'd decoupler (or all stages?). MJ is also affected in that it'll display NaN for TWR and SLT for stages above the decoupler.

More info over here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12384-PART-1-0-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v2-5?p=1943249&viewfull=1#post1943249

That is not a bug. When you decouple those unused fuel tanks and engines from your root part, it loses access to their dV.

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing it somewhere, but for some reason when in VAB, my TWR shows for example 1.08, then out on the launch pad it shows .95. I made sure I'm on the right planetary body, just seems like Kerbal Engineer is overestimating how much TWR I have when in VAB versus real launch on launch pad. Thoughts?

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing it somewhere, but for some reason when in VAB, my TWR shows for example 1.08, then out on the launch pad it shows .95. I made sure I'm on the right planetary body, just seems like Kerbal Engineer is overestimating how much TWR I have when in VAB versus real launch on launch pad. Thoughts?

Are you looking at the vacuum stats in the VAB? In atmosphere the engines will produce less thrust.

Hello

Just noticed a minor bug: it seems KER doesn't read the longitude right.

Well, no wrong per say, but it shows the longitude as a 360° W or E scale, and kinda random on how. Sometimes it switches from, say, "250° E" to the correct "110° W" for an orbit or two,before reverting to a 360° "One Direction" scale.

Example:

5015541b-c65f-4b93-a3d6-cb3472864d76.jpg

d84ee59b-b152-4e26-9931-324b48769ad6.jpg

KSP 1.0.3 (well, the latest on Steam), KER 1.0.16.6 - stock (only vanilla parts) craft

Are you looking at the vacuum stats in the VAB? In atmosphere the engines will produce less thrust.

Just looking at the KER stats window, where it shows you TWR for each stage. In the VAB it's a little higher than on launch pad. Maybe the engines take some time to reach full thrust?

Hello

Just noticed a minor bug: it seems KER doesn't read the longitude right.

Well, no wrong per say, but it shows the longitude as a 360° W or E scale, and kinda random on how. Sometimes it switches from, say, "250° E" to the correct "110° W" for an orbit or two,before reverting to a 360° "One Direction" scale.

Example:

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview/5015541b-c65f-4b93-a3d6-cb3472864d76.jpg

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/d84ee59b-b152-4e26-9931-324b48769ad6.jpg

KSP 1.0.3 (well, the latest on Steam), KER 1.0.16.6 - stock (only vanilla parts) craft

KER has been using the formatted data that KSP provides for this readout. The issue has been resolved by doing the formatting within KER and will be in the next release. :)

KER has been using the formatted data that KSP provides for this readout. The issue has been resolved by doing the formatting within KER and will be in the next release. :)

Awesome! Back to the drawing board for me then, I got so many satellite constellations to plan :D

And thanks!

What's the difference between the Computer Flight System and the Kerbal Engineer system? You know, the things that you can put on your ship. I haven't noticed a difference between them. Both seem to give you access to your engineering stats

What's the difference between the Computer Flight System and the Kerbal Engineer system? You know, the things that you can put on your ship. I haven't noticed a difference between them. Both seem to give you access to your engineering stats

The difference is purely aesthetic, there is no functional difference between the parts.

So I seem to have found some sort of bug. I've been using your mod for a long time, but this is the first time I've seen this, and I've isolated it to this mod since this is the only mod I have installed and the problem is not reproducible when the mod is removed.

When a ship is in flight, the game seems to freeze every second or so for a small fraction of a second, as if there is a brief CPU overload and the game is trying to catch up. The problem is exacerbated when in physics time warp, both when in the atmosphere and in space. At 4x speed, the game plays out at real time speeds due to the constant lag.

This problem is reproducible on my computer and happens shortly after the launch of any spacecraft and then persists once I return to the space center or enter the VAB. I even isolated this to a CPU issue by playing the game with minimum graphical load (1/8 texture resolution, 0x anti-aliasing, etc.). As you can see from my computer specs below, it should be more than capable of running the game at the lowest settings and has run previous game versions (pre-1.0) smoothly at max graphical settings.

Computer Specs:

Windows 7

AMD FX 8350 @ 4.2 GHz

16GB DDR3 1866Hz

GTX 770

Is there anything I'm forgetting to do in setting up your mod? Is there anything you need from me? I've searched online and only found a forum post from about a year ago with someone having the same problem on a mac. Again, your mod has worked flawlessly in the past and has just now begun to act up with the most recent update.

Lastly, thanks for pushing the update so quickly!

Okay, I've finally fixed my issue, so I'm just putting this here in case anyone else comes here with the same problem.

I can't say for certain, but it appears the reason why the my game would eventually lag to hell after only 10 minutes of playtime was because I had two instances of my ksp folder on my computer. In two completely separate locations, mind you, with one under Program Files and the other under Program Files(x86) with the same exact file directories for Steam (I recently had to re-image my computer and copied my old program files folder into the new image, however I neglected to install steam in the same folder for some reason). One directory had KSP v0.90 and the other had KSP v1.0.2 and each had the KER mod installed in the game directories.

The lagging problem was fixed once I completely deleted the old Steam directory entirely. I can't be certain that was the fix, because I have not done any robust testing, but I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that changed between testing KER in KSP. So somehow the old KSP directory with the older version of KER in it was interfering with the current version even though it was in a completely file directory. I know it sounds far-fetched, but that's all I did to fix it, so I can't really explain why doing that worked even though they are in two separate directories.

And are those stats for vacuum or atmosphere? Here's a clue: they're vacuum. Uncompact the KER window, and click the button that switches them to Atmosphere.

Thank you so much! Will definitely check that out.

Bumping this since post was on the bottom of page.
I haven't figured out what is causing it specifically yet, I'll post if I can replicate it repeatedly.

So, are you able to replicate the issue?

So, are you able to replicate the issue?

Well, I feel stupid I forgot to test a clean KER install. It was happening with multimode engines, but I can't get it to happen again with a clean install of KER. Seems to be working now. Deleting bump.

i added TWR and total thrust to the hud window and after a certain altitude they stop tracking those stats and just give me 0 for both

With which engines does this occur? If you are using airbreathing engines (or RAPIERs in airbreathing mode) then this is likely correct data.

With which engines does this occur? If you are using airbreathing engines (or RAPIERs in airbreathing mode) then this is likely correct data.

im using rapiers,can you elaborate why this is correct? the engines are still working when the stats go 0

im using rapiers,can you elaborate why this is correct? the engines are still working when the stats go 0

I was thinking that they had reached the point where their thrust goes to zero in airbreathing mode; if they are still producing thrust then that does sound like a bug. Can you share a (hopefully stock) craft file and log so the programmer types can diagnose what is happening?

I was thinking that they had reached the point where their thrust goes to zero in airbreathing mode; if they are still producing thrust then that does sound like a bug. Can you share a (hopefully stock) craft file and log so the programmer types can diagnose what is happening?

heres the craft file, it should be stock i think all i used on this was stock revamp and tweak scale, but i removed those parts (rcs part and solar panels) so it should work for you

im not sure which log file your after but this is the ksp txt file i have

heres the craft file, it should be stock i think all i used on this was stock revamp and tweak scale, but i removed those parts (rcs part and solar panels) so it should work for you

im not sure which log file your after but this is the ksp txt file i have

Can confirm this is happening (screenshot, output_log.txt). Looks like this is some kind of bug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.