[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

On 11/19/2015, 4:48:06, Red Iron Crown said:

For some reason the forum won't let me get out of my earlier quote from RIC.  Red Iron crown did not say this but it's the only way I can post here.

The dev build seems to calculate node burn time using the last throttle setting and not full throttle, as previous versions have.  Is this a bug or a feature?

12 hours ago, Aethon said:

The dev build seems to calculate node burn time using the last throttle setting and not full throttle, as previous versions have.  Is this a bug or a feature?

I would expect it to use the current throttle if the engines are running and full throttle if not.  If it doesn't behave this way then this was probably caused by the changes made for KER 1.0.  There was one commit at the time to do with the simulation deciding what throttle to use that looked a bit iffy.

I was using a ship with an LVN, and the last burn before I made a node was at low throttle so I could be precise.  After the node was planned, the burn time KER said was waaay longer than needed when I hit z to throttle up.  KER immediately lowered It's estimated burn time by 80% after tasting full throttle.  

I've decided to go back to the 1.0.4 build until KER gets updated.  I don't really need it for airbreathers.

Each window has an edit and a float button at the top.  Hitting the edit button allows you to remove and add displays from an available list.  Make sure you are editing the right window.  It can be tricky.  It seems to default to the orbital window.  Make sure you change which widow you're editing at the top of the window.

17 minutes ago, Aethon said:

Each window has an edit and a float button at the top.  Hitting the edit button allows you to remove and add displays from an available list.  Make sure you are editing the right window.  It can be tricky.  It seems to default to the orbital window.  Make sure you change which widow you're editing at the top of the window.

I can edit the stock sections’ contents, but I can’t get them off the list entirely—the stock sections (Orbital, Surface, Vessel, Rendezvous) don’t have “Delete Section” buttons, unlike custom sections.  I want those four stock sections completely, literally gone from all KER interfaces in the game.  Off the Control Bar, out of the Flight Engineer list, gone.

I'm not sure I understand which ones you're asking about.  Do you mean the Heads Up Displays?  I'm pretty sure there's a tab to edit them in the edit tab.  IIRC, there is something that says something like "Current display"  Clicking that allows you to select edit Orbital/Surface/Vessel etc. displays.  One of the options is the HUD.

17 hours ago, Aethon said:

I'm not sure I understand which ones you're asking about.  Do you mean the Heads Up Displays?  I'm pretty sure there's a tab to edit them in the edit tab.  IIRC, there is something that says something like "Current display"  Clicking that allows you to select edit Orbital/Surface/Vessel etc. displays.  One of the options is the HUD.

I don’t think you do understand.  Here, have an annotated screenshot:

Screen-Shot-2015-12-11-at-22.19.27.png

The sections I highlighted by surrounding them with red boxes are pre-defined by KER.  I want to remove them so they do not appear in either the Control Bar (on the left) or the Flight Engineer list (on the right).  If anyone can give me a process for doing so, that would be most appreciated.  I’ve tried everything I can find using the in-game UI, and also directly editing KER’s XML configuration files.  So far, no luck.  Happy to learn of something I overlooked, though!

Edited by meyerweb
Pasting the image directly appeared to work, but didn’t, so I had to insert via URL

8 hours ago, Aethon said:

My issue with the node burn time is also happening with the stock burn time display.  Must be something to do with the LVN. not related to KER.

On the contrary, the stock display has been known to have that issue since it was originally added. KER's display should be accurate. 

20 minutes ago, silvertree said:

Do we have a timeline when this will be released for 1.0.5? One of my favorite mods, I feel handicapped without it 

it works... the only issue is a couple of engines (Jets, I am looking at you) have missing info

Edited by CorBlimey

8 hours ago, CorBlimey said:

it works... the only issue is a couple of engines (Jets, I am looking at you) have missing info

Not quite true. The experimental build I downloaded is having trouble with complex rockets as well. I have to build without decouplers except where necessary during staging to get proper values. If I put all the decouplers in, it tends to ignore my payload - which makes the numbers it returns... less than useful.

13 hours ago, Thalamask said:

Not quite true. The experimental build I downloaded is having trouble with complex rockets as well. I have to build without decouplers except where necessary during staging to get proper values. If I put all the decouplers in, it tends to ignore my payload - which makes the numbers it returns... less than useful.

Re-root to somewhere in the payload to do the calculations. KER will treat the root part as the payload, and assume you ditch anything non-propulsive as soon as you reach it in order of staging.

Rune. Which is sensible, BTW. But you have to know about the rule.

Strangely, one on favorite addon for many KSP users, but remaining compatible to... KSP 1.0.4 and not updated to 1.0.5. (almost six months old).

Except if I'm wrong, they're many changes done by Squad in KSP 1.0.5/1.0.5 (1028), in particular "more drastic" atmosphere drag, may affecting delta-V budgets seriously.

Sure as developer I am, I can easily understand an addon like KER is not an easy development, though. Hope this project will not be abandonned...

Also I don't understand why ER-7500 Computer Flight (tape-recorder) and Kerbal Engineer System chip parts are doing exactly ("no more info" on parts from VAB editor, also LBM on them during flight has no effect, too), poorly undocumented (IMO)...

From (tiny) online manual: The 'Parts' folder including the 'ER7500' and 'EngineerChip' is optional and are only required if running in module mode.

What's are meaning "running in module mode" exactly? My question seems to be stupid, but I precise:

- I'm French, btw English isn't my main language.

- I'm a KSP (relative) newbie (playing since Nov 12, 2015 - starting v1.0.5.1028), career mode (normal skill), advanced unlocked parts from R&D tree (only remaining some "1000 Science pts value" parts in tree), all KSC complex parts are fully upgraded, no active strategy. Landed on Mun, Minmus, Ike and Duna (and go back safely on Kerbin), orbited Eve (but without land), have deployed a space spation/refuel point around Kerbin (LKO 150 km), four KEO satellites network (required for RemoteTech), etc... album here to have an idea: https://imgur.com/gallery/VhDAA

Many thanks in advance for further explanations, really will be appreciated.

Dominique

5 hours ago, DomiKamu said:

What's are meaning "running in module mode" exactly?

In the current version of KER, when you are in career game mode, you cannot get KER readouts while in flight by default.  You either have to have a trained engineer on board, or one of the two KER parts attached to the vessel.

You can turn this requirement off in the KER settings when you are in the SPH or VAB.  It's probably called something like "module mode".

8 minutes ago, WuphonsReach said:

In the current version of KER, when you are in career game mode, you cannot get KER readouts while in flight by default.  You either have to have a trained engineer on board, or one of the two KER parts attached to the vessel.

You can turn this requirement off in the KER settings when you are in the SPH or VAB.  It's probably called something like "module mode".

Many thanks for your explanations, WuphonsRead, now it's very clear !

On 12/12/2015 at 7:56 AM, Clear Air Turbulence said:

Every few days, module manager tells me I have the wrong version of KER. Then next time I play it goes away again. Anyone else noticed that?

Since module manager does not care about the version and does not display message related to them I doubt that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.