[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

9 minutes ago, Cratzz said:

The 1.1 release dosen´t work here on build 1174 of KSP. It shows up in SPH and VAB, but not at launch.

Are you in career mode?  Have you changed the setting to partless or added the part to the vessel (or have a level 3 tracking station)?

I would suggest switching to partless mode anyway until the next version of KER is released as this will avoid an issue with the part models causing severe log spam due to non-convex colliders.

Also, why are you running build 1174 of KSP when the latest version is 1183?  You should obviously use the most recent version of KSP as Squad are fixing bugs all the time.

Edit: Also, when reporting bugs you should include a full output_log.txt/player.log file and details of all the mods you have installed.  There have been 2 versions of KER released for KSP 1.1, which are you using?  Any other mods?

Edited by Padishar

Sorry, i meant build 1183. Career defaultsettings Stock with only Modulemanager 2.6.21 and Engineer v1.1.0.1. About the .log, i can´t do that if it´s not crashrelated?

EDIT: What do you mean by partless? Sandbox you mean?

Edited by Cratzz
fgg

The output_log.txt/player.log file is written out for every run of the game and contains lots of useful information to anyone trying to investigate a problem.

Does switching to partless mode fix it for you?

8 minutes ago, Cratzz said:

If by partless you mean Sandbox? Yes i just found out it works then.

By partless he means that when you play in career, you will need a level 3 tracking station. Or you will need to add the KER parts (either the tape recorder or the print board) to your ship. It's been like that since... 0.90? Maybe even earlier?

6 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

By partless he means that when you play in career, you will need a level 3 tracking station. Or you will need to add the KER parts (either the tape recorder or the print board) to your ship. It's been like that since... 0.90? Maybe even earlier?

Ah, right! Thx, now im good :)

Edited by Cratzz

Kerbal Engineer seems to work perfect for me in 1.1! Thanks for the port, it's always awesome to have the Delta-V board and those little UI windows in KSP.

Btw, did you consider adding a calculation for RCS thrust? There is now an option (in RCS actuaction toggles) to allow RCS thrusters to be controlled by throttle, effectively making them engines.

Edited by Temeter

Does anyone else have an issue with the Impact Biome not displaying correctly in 1.1?  The impact biome tells me I'm to hit (land?) at a particular biome even when I'm hovering over a different one.

Peace.

8 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Btw, did you consider adding a calculation for RCS thrust? There is now an option (in RCS actuaction toggles) to allow RCS thrusters to be controlled by throttle, effectively making them engines.

Yes, it has been considered in the past (most likely as an extra stage after all other stages have been activated) and the new throttle control makes it more likely to actually get done (possibly for more than just an extra final stage).

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the Impact Biome not displaying correctly in 1.1?  The impact biome tells me I'm to hit (land?) at a particular biome even when I'm hovering over a different one.

Yes, this is a known issue.

1 minute ago, Padishar said:

Yes, it has been considered in the past (most likely as an extra stage after all other stages have been activated) and the new throttle control makes it more likely to actually get done (possibly for more than just an extra final stage).

Good to hear, that would be awesome! <3

Edited by Temeter

Just now, Padishar said:

Yes, this is a known issue.

Thank you.  I thought it was just me.

1 hour ago, Odinz said:

u need to go in your graphic card control pannel and disable your integraded graphic card cause 64bit ksp use integrated by default 

I had already set ksp graphics to high performance and to give it top priority even before updating KER. AFAIK you can't really disable an integrated graphics card right?

1 hour ago, Dombi said:

I had already set ksp graphics to high performance and to give it top priority even before updating KER. AFAIK you can't really disable an integrated graphics card right?

u need to redo it for the 64k.exe .... and for the ''disable the int. graph. card'' english is not my first language so in don't know how to explain the proccess in detail

I think there may be a bug with the kerbal engineering system chip. I have tried this on multiple craft and this is the only piece that they have in common. 

Issue: Sever physics lag and sometime crashes when a Kerbal Engineering System chip is installed and slightly clipped and trying to run science. 

See below for the log, I copied and pasted the error from the log since forums wont let me paste entire log, the last error pasted takes up about 500 lines, just says it over and over. I had a science station orbiting Kerbin, was using kerbal engineer and eve as mods. I keep getting severe physics lag when performing science experiments. This time it crashed. I had the same happen on a station on minmus. I unistalled all mods and relaunched stations in same config except no mods and all was good. I then installed kerbal engineer and no other mods relaunched the ships with the chips and ran into the physics lag issue. Then I relaunched without the chip and an onboard engineer, no issue. 

Kerbal Space Program - 1.1.0.1196 (WindowsPlayer)-pre

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 0 @ 3.30GHz (12)
RAM: 16310
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K2000 (1989MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 10.18.13.6191])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Fri, Apr 08, 2016 14:12:52

[LOG 14:14:58.503] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 14:14:58.504] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 14:14:58.620] Game State Saved as persistent
[LOG 14:14:59.055] Unpacking Kerbin Space Station
[LOG 14:14:59.061] Unpacking Kerbin Space Station Debris
[ERR 14:14:59.084] Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5.
If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "cupola (Kerbin Space Station)/EngineerChip/model/node_collider", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "Cube_001-mesh"

[ERR 14:14:59.086] Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5.
If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Large.Crewed.Lab/EngineerChip/model/node_collider", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "Cube_001-mesh"

[ERR 14:14:59.106] Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision

[ERR 14:14:59.107] Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision

Here is the ERR report for the minmus station science collection, the last line repeats around 200 lines. 

LOG 15:51:49.555] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 15:51:49.655] Game State Saved as persistent
[LOG 15:51:49.920] Unpacking Kerbin Space Station
[ERR 15:51:49.936] Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5.
If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "cupola (Kerbin Space Station)/EngineerChip/model/node_collider", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "Cube_001-mesh"

[ERR 15:51:49.951] Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision 

Edited by Kuengineer
added more info

2 hours ago, Kuengineer said:

I think there may be a bug with the kerbal engineering system chip. I have tried this on multiple craft and this is the only piece that they have in common.

This is a known issue that has already been fixed for the next release.  In the meantime you can avoid using the parts by switching to Partless mode using the Settings button in the KER VAB/SPH window (or by using an engineer or a level 3 tracking station).

No idea if this is due to ksp or due to engineer. but i've discovered that if you try to put the chip on a curved object, like a tank or science jr for example, the debug menu warns of triggers on concave meshes not being supported. If you launch said vesssel, the debug will spam ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling ignorecollision.

I only realized this after testing each mod i had because i was getting severe performance drops whenever the science jr was activated.

i just read previous posts, derp.

Edited by Poofer

@Padishar As requested in the Maximum Delta-V Rocket thread, though I thought I'd simplify things if I could:

It rather looks to affect any craft using a fuel type that draws evenly from the craft under normal circumstances but will respect staging.  I probably should've checked if aircraft droptanks are affected, too.

1.05 screenshots are using 1.0.19.4, 1.1 is using 1.1.0.1.

Here're the craft files in question: KER Derping.zip

7 hours ago, Archgeek said:

It rather looks to affect any craft using a fuel type that draws evenly from the craft under normal circumstances but will respect staging.  I probably should've checked if aircraft droptanks are affected, too.

Thanks for this.  It looks like an issue in the code that determines which parts of the vessel that will be decoupled in the next stage are preventing staging (either engines that are burning or fuel tanks that are being drained).  This isn't surprising as the mechanism has a number of issues and is on my list for sorting out.  Since it seems to affect all STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW using engines I will try to take a look at it quite urgently...

3 minutes ago, TinfoilChef said:

A few versions back I remember a setting that would allow KER function without having the part on a ship.   Is this still possible in the 1.1 version?  if so, how?

Yes  it is. Check KER settings in SPH/VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.