[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

2 hours ago, symmeclept said:

I think they changed something with the AppLauncher in the latest prerelease build(1209). I get NRE spam in VAV/SPH.

---

Edit: Known issue. Guess I'm using Mechjeb until they get it fixed.

Yes, this is a known issue, specifically they have fixed the AppLauncher so that it doesn't call the mod's code if the button has been disabled.  We used to have to workaround this issue by testing the disabled state ourselves in the mod code but this is no longer possible (or necessary) hence the exceptions.

They have also changed how the IPartMassModifier interface works which also requires changes in KER to correctly calculate deltaV of vessels with fairings (the stock change was requested by me to make it easier for KER to work correctly with other mods that also change the mass of parts when they are staged like the stock fairings do).

3 hours ago, symmeclept said:

I think they changed something with the AppLauncher in the latest prerelease build(1209). I get NRE spam in VAV/SPH.

---

MechJeb is partially broken by 1209 and the IPartMassModifier change.  It won't calculate delta-V stats for ships and it executes maneuver nodes wrong because it can't guess the burn time.

15 minutes ago, deegeese said:

MechJeb is partially broken by 1209 and the IPartMassModifier change.  It won't calculate delta-V stats for ships and it executes maneuver nodes wrong because it can't guess the burn time.

Yeah. Found that out just after posting. Probably reasonable to assume this breaks RemoteTech further, too.

15 hours ago, symmeclept said:

---

Yeah just woke up to this issue today, had to check to see if it was known.

Love the mod, keep up the good work guys!

This is a compiled version of the main KER dll for use with build 1205 or later until a new official version is released.  It is based on my pull request on github (the "Known Issue" link in the posts above) with some minor tweaks to add "p" to the version number displayed in the various windows.

KerbalEngineer_1.1.0.1p.zip

Simply copy the DLL from this zip over the one in the GameData/KerbalEngineer folder of your existing KER 1.1.0.1 install.

The effects of fairings (and any mod parts that use the new mass change on staging mechanic) on the deltaV calculations hasn't yet been extensively tested and there is definitely an issue if you have a fairing set to jettison in the first stage (it should show an extra stage so you can see the fairing shroud mass somewhere).

28 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

@Padishar Do you mean compiled with build 1209? That was the latest that broke most mods. Thanks for doing it! Sucks having to do all that math, sucks worse when KER gives the wrong information :P 

Yes, the changes that caused KER to break started in build 1205.  This updated version should work fine in the current pre-release, 1209.

1 hour ago, Poofer said:

1215 is long since obsolete, we're in 1224.

also verify you're using latest experimentals.

For many people 1224 won't install for hours yet. Steam rolls out updates in batches, not to all people at the same time.

I sure did, and installed the updated dll that was meant to fix from 1209 on. Nevertheless I was having problems in 1215. I seem not to be having problems so far in 1224. 

Edited by fourfa

Version 1.1.0.2 is now available! - Get it here!

Added: Altitude (terrain) readout now shows the altitude above underwater terrain when splashed down.
Added: Usage of the stock IPartMassModifier for handling the modifying of part module staged mass.
Changed: Fairing specific mass adjustments now make use of the generic staged mass modifier implementation.
Changed: App launcher button handling works with KSP build 1205 changes.
Fixed: Log spam and physics issue caused when using the EngineerChip part due to a convex mesh collider (now uses a box collider).
Fixed: Issues with the disabling/enabling of the toolbar app launcher button in flight when in career mode. 

Additionally:

Implemented support for thrustTransformMultipliers
Fixed bug with impact calculations
Changed impact lat/long readouts to use DMS form

Edited by cybutek

Forgive me not wanting to read through 116+ pages of this thread, but does anyone know how I can update KER without losing the configuration of my HUD (and custom panels in general)? I hate having to redo it every time a new version comes out, and that's pretty frequent lately.

Also, a feature request: it would be very helpful to have a readout for distance at closest approach. Mechjeb has it, but I prefer the KER interface and would like to add that number to my HUD.

1 hour ago, cybutek said:

Version 1.1.0.2 is now available! - Get it here!

Added: Altitude (terrain) readout now shows the altitude above underwater terrain when splashed down.
Added: Usage of the stock IPartMassModifier for handling the modifying of part module staged mass.
Changed: Fairing specific mass adjustments now make use of the generic staged mass modifier implementation.
Changed: App launcher button handling works with KSP build 1205 changes.
Fixed: Log spam and physics issue caused when using the EngineerChip part due to a convex mesh collider (now uses a box collider).
Fixed: Issues with the disabling/enabling of the toolbar app launcher button in flight when in career mode.

There was also:

7 minutes ago, Padishar said:

There was also:

Not sure how I missed them whilst going through the commits log *face palm*. Updated the post, GitHub and the online readme & change log.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.