[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Version 1.1.1.0 is now available! - Get it here!

Added: Missing cleanup of some contained references within various pooled classes.
Added: ActiveVessel null checking within the FlightEngineerCore before calling readouts to Update.
Fixed: Jet engine simulation data is no longer included when IntakeAir deprived (i.e. in space).
Fixed: NullReferenceException when entering the flight scene within the FlightAppLauncher.
Fixed: Corrected an exception logging typo within the DisplayStack class.
Fixed: NullReferenceException within the DeltaVStaged readout upon exiting the flight scene.
Fixed: Flamed out engines are no longer perceived as active engines within the vessel simulation.
Removed: Redundant button enabled check within the FlightAppLauncher.
Removed: '?.' syntax sugar for easier compilation within non VS2015 IDEs.

Version 1.1.1:

I have a DV miscalculation problem too, but its not about decouplers, it's about surface crossfeed. Strangely I swear I didn't have this problem in 1.1.0. Affects MJ too.

I have minimal mods (KAS, KIS, KER, MJ, Stage Recovery), tried fresh reinstall to be sure.

The problem rears itself especially when building (conventional) planes; KER only reads fuel which has an engine on its end. Works not too bad for rockets, but is very very wrong for planes (no engines on its end).

Pic 1 - Only calculating fuel with engine attached on end

Pic 2 - Fuel on main body not calculated

Pic 3 - Calculation ok with fuel lines

Pic 4 - Just to be sure, only fuel on main body, flies ok, calculation = 0

Pic 5,6,7 - Engine on end - Rocket style; is fine, calculates additional fuel attached on wings

Edited by Xcl
Changed to imgur

[ I'm really starting to hate this IPS4 forum software, especially its editor. :mad: ]

Perhaps @sarbianwould like to know about the MechJeb delta-V miscalculation.  I think all 3 engineering mods share some code and part of the delta-V calculations could be part of that.  So it could apply to VOID too.

@Xcl's post also in the spoiler.  Or not.  Look up for Xcl's detailed post about delta-V miscalculation.  If I tried to include it but cut down space by hiding it in a spoiler, IPS4 managles the Imgur picture widgit. :mad:

Edited by Jacke

10 hours ago, Jacke said:

I think all 3 engineering mods share some code and part of the delta-V calculations could be part of that.  So it could apply to VOID too.

VOID does use the KER vessel simulation code so will need updating once the issue is fixed in KER. MechJeb did use the same code for a little while but changed back to using its own code quite some time ago.

The problem here is that jet engines changed in 1.0.5 to use a new fuel flow mode and none of the calculation mods are currently handling it correctly. It would be very helpful if someone could post a simple vessel (as few parts as possible) that clearly shows the problem. 

As for this not happening in 1.1.0, I suspect that the bug with the object pooling was masking the issue. 

Edited by Padishar

Just FYI i installed Kerbal Engineer for 1.1.1 in KSP 1.1.2 and it seems to work fine I get the same numbers from Kerbal Engineer in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. Not sure if this will be the same for everyone or just me. It did say when loading it was an unsupported version but after just hitting ok it worked in game.

Hello Guys I've been playing for about a year or so now and always loved KER for my Delta V needs however I am suffering a consistent problem and not sure wether i am doing something wrong or if its a bug.

I have updated the game to the latest patch via steam and also installed the latest update of KER after a fresh install of the original base game.The Mod works as intended in the SPH and VAB , the KER Button is whited out but still clicks and expands/shrinks the menu when I launch the vessel the Button is whited out and does not respond to clicking and there is no way to open the menus that would allow me to alter the HUD bars. (ive tested it with partless option and stuck a KER chip and an engineer in just to be sure)

the Only other mod I have installed is navyfish Docking Port alignment as i am starting a new career save fresh from the beta.

6 hours ago, Darkstar2040 said:

Hello Guys I've been playing for about a year or so now and always loved KER for my Delta V needs however I am suffering a consistent problem and not sure wether i am doing something wrong or if its a bug.

Can you supply a screenshot and an output_log.txt/player.log file please?

I've got RSS(11.1.0), MechJeb2, Kerbal Engineer Redux(1.1.1.0) and FAR(0.15.6.3) installed on 1.1.2.

I'm not getting any Terminal Velocity reading (infinitym/s).

It happens the moment I install FAR. With just the rest its fine.

It should be easily reproduce able.

If you would like the log file I'll upload it. 

2 hours ago, Holzfallen said:

I've got RSS(11.1.0), MechJeb2, Kerbal Engineer Redux(1.1.1.0) and FAR(0.15.6.3) installed on 1.1.2.

It should be easily reproduce able.

If you would like the log file I'll upload it. 

What do you need terminal velocity for, anyway?

I am having a strange issue whenever I load a Flight scene mostly while launching a new vessel in the VAB or the SPH. The craft never loads and the game "freezes" with strange numbers on all the windows. I can'gt get the game menu and pressing Esc makes me fall through the terrain. I am not sure if it is Engineer out of my many mods, but it does seem to be generating a lot of errors in the debug menu. I thought I'd ask, just in case:

3 hours ago, akron said:

I am not sure if it is Engineer out of my many mods, but it does seem to be generating a lot of errors in the debug menu.

Perhaps, if you posted a link to your output_log.txt showing these errors, then someone might be able to help you. 

3 hours ago, Padishar said:

Perhaps, if you posted a link to your output_log.txt showing these errors, then someone might be able to help you. 

Doh! I can later (At work). I did look through it to try and figure it out an learn how to make sense of them. How is output_log different from the KSP log? In the KSP log I can see Kerbal Alarm Clock and Engineer creating null exceptions, but in output_log it looks like Contract Configuration is the one bugging out. :confused:

On 02/05/2016 at 10:19 PM, Holzfallen said:

The terminal velocity is not particular easy to calculate with FAR and is not particularly useful anyway.  In previous versions, this and various other related readouts were disabled when FAR (or NEAR) were installed and I would have expected the same thing now but something may have got broken.

I can't even say for sure that the terminal velocity (and related) calculations are accurate in a stock game, I'm not sure if they needed to be updated after all the aero changes in 1.0+ or if all the necessary updates were made.  Terminal velocity really isn't a very useful stat since the atmosphere got so much less draggy...

22 hours ago, akron said:

In the KSP log I can see Kerbal Alarm Clock and Engineer creating null exceptions, but in output_log it looks like Contract Configuration is the one bugging out.

KAC and KER are not "creating" null exceptions, they are experiencing them, most probably because FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel is null.  I will need to see the log to be sure but it sounds like Contract Configurator is having a problem which is causing the vessel to fail to load and, rather than they game noticing this, it just leaves you sat in the flight scene with no vessel active.

5 hours ago, Crazy-Engineer said:

Can someone tell me how to import my custom huds to a new save?

The configuration of KER is stored in the various XML files in the mod's Settings folder and I believe they apply to all saves in the one install of KSP so I assume you actually mean how to import your huds from a different install of the game.  If this is the case then you should be able to simply copy over most of the files from the Settings folder (don't include HelpStrings.xml as this is supplied in the mod download) though it should be fairly obvious which files control which things from the name and/or a quick look at the content.  If this is not the case and you do really mean that a new save in the same install of KSP has lost your hud changes then I suspect there is some other issue going on and we will need a more detailed description of your problem, an output_log.txt, the saved games in question and, preferably, the contents of the mod's Settings folder zipped up...

36 minutes ago, Padishar said:

KAC and KER are not "creating" null exceptions, they are experiencing them, most probably because FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel is null.  I will need to see the log to be sure but it sounds like Contract Configurator is having a problem which is causing the vessel to fail to load and, rather than they game noticing this, it just leaves you sat in the flight scene with no vessel active.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I do not understand the innards of how the game handles plugins and scene loading. I totally forgot to upload my game log, I will add it to my to-do list.

@cybutek I have an open PR on Github that adds some readouts regarding the current body -- namely its name (can't believe that wasn't already there) and the various altitudes for flying high/space low/space high.  I'd love feedback when available. Screenshots: http://m.imgur.com/a/OAClk

Also, how hard is it for another addon to add readouts of its own?

@all: Since I'm working on this already, are there any other "save a trip to the wiki"-type readouts you'd like to see?  In the case of the above, I figure they would be arranged in a window that's only toggled on briefly to look at rather than something taking space all of the time.

Edited by dewin
Add screenshots

5 hours ago, dewin said:

Also, how hard is it for another addon to add readouts of its own?

I believe toadicus' VOID does that, using Engineer.Extensions:

5 hours ago, dewin said:

I'd love feedback when available.

Thank you for your reply Padishar.

As you've seen I'm using RSS with FAR so I am trying to make every little bit of deltaV count. I understand your reasoning so it seems its going to be manual labour for now. Thank you again.

Edited by Holzfallen

When i use Real Fuels (stock configs) Kerbal Engineer shows no engine-relevant Data for my active Engine, it shows some numbers before i start the engine but as soon the engine is ignited, the DV, TWR, Trust and Specific impulse for this stage change to Zero. Is this a known 'conflict' between this two mods (and i am just to blind/stupid to find this information via google and forum search, or is this something new?

Edited by Filigan

2 hours ago, Filigan said:

When i use Real Fuels (stock configs) Kerbal Engineer shows no engine-relevant Data for my active Engine, it shows some numbers before i start the engine but as soon the engine is ignited, the DV, TWR, Trust and Specific impulse for this stage change to Zero. Is this a known 'conflict' between this two mods (and i am just to blind/stupid to find this information via google and forum search, or is this something new?

There was still an unresolved issue similar to this between KER and RF in KSP 1.0.5 and, to the best of my knowledge, no-one has really looked into it since KSP 1.1 (mainly because RF has only recently been made compatible with 1.1).  It almost certainly requires a tweak to how the simulation reads the current thrust/fuel consumption from the engines during flight.

I experience the same errors as akron with the screen displaying weird values (mainly 9s) when I happen to switch screens. It doesn't always do so but still quite frequently.

Here's a link to my KSP.log, I hope that's the right file :s

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qjzjqynksm5uib/KSP.log?dl=0

I see a lot of NullReferenceException in there, not all related to KER it seems, but I can't understand what causes the screen to freeze. If you could direct me, that would be a real help.

Edited by BluK

48 minutes ago, BluK said:

I see a lot of NullReferenceException in there, not all related to KER it seems, but I can't understand what causes the screen to freeze. If you could direct me, that would be a real help.

I see a few exceptions before the main bulk of them start but the most suspect looking one is one from Contract Configurator.  I suggest trying to remove that mod (and presumably any other mods that depend on it) and try like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.