[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

59 minutes ago, delta wee said:

I'm having some trouble building the source code for KER using Visual Studio 2012. It seems that it needs to have some .dlls from both KSP and the Unity engine, which don't seem to be available on the Github site. Are we supposed to link our entire KSP directory to the KER project somehow before building?

In the Solution Explorer panel, drill down into the KerbalEngineer/References section.  You should see various warning symbols indicating which KSP DLLs you need to add.  Then right-click on the References section and select "Add Reference...".  In the dialog that opens, click the "Browse..." button at the bottom and navigate to the <KSP>/KSP_Data/Managed folder and select all the DLLs that have a warning symbol in the solution explorer and click ok.  This should set up all the required references for that sub-project to build.  If you want (or need) to you can do the same thing for the KerbalEngineer.Unity sub-project (it needs a lot fewer references) but this only contains new UI API related code so you probably wont need to rebuild that bit.

6 hours ago, Padishar said:

In the Solution Explorer panel, drill down into the KerbalEngineer/References section.  You should see various warning symbols indicating which KSP DLLs you need to add.  Then right-click on the References section and select "Add Reference...".  In the dialog that opens, click the "Browse..." button at the bottom and navigate to the <KSP>/KSP_Data/Managed folder and select all the DLLs that have a warning symbol in the solution explorer and click ok.  This should set up all the required references for that sub-project to build.  If you want (or need) to you can do the same thing for the KerbalEngineer.Unity sub-project (it needs a lot fewer references) but this only contains new UI API related code so you probably wont need to rebuild that bit.

Thanks, that got it to work. I did get a 9009 error from the build command that does things like move the .zip file, but I only needed the KerbalEngineer.dll, which built fine.

c9gE338.png?1

Reporting error found in the "KerbalEngineer.log" file using latest updated DLL:

Spoiler

[Exception 03:27:03.2781562]: DisplayStack->Window // Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[]:   at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Rendezvous.TargetSelector.DrawTarget (KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule section) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Rendezvous.TargetSelector.Draw (KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule section) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.DrawReadoutModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.DisplayStack.DrawSections (IEnumerable`1 sections) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.DisplayStack.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

4 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

Reporting error found in the "KerbalEngineer.log" file using latest updated DLL:

What were you doing when you encountered this error? Is it reproducible, and if so, what are the steps? Are you using other mods besides KER? If so, what are the minimum set of mods required to reproduce the error?

I'm pretty certain this one's already on the list to be fixed.  It's a safe exception caught inside the KER code so it can't cause any issues for other parts of the program.

Edit: in fact, there was one of these in one of the earlier logs Galenmacil posted and I added some extra logging to the code concerned in the test version I posted.  However, this logging code was looking at the wrong thing so didn't add anything helpful though this fact indicates exactly what the actual issue is.  I'll post another test version later today that should eliminate the issue.

Edited by Padishar

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to update the test version as mentioned above.  I have now done so here.  There is a possibility that this might do something a bit weird in the situation where the bug occurred but, as I don't actually know what that situation is, I can't be sure.  I believe the rendezvous panel needs to be open and you need to have had a vessel target but I'm not sure of the exact cause.

Thanks Padishar, I appreciate your effort in trying to reach "perfection" for KER... I use KER for a lot of things: On screen HUD, target selection, delta-v and other estimation in the editor. As always, I'll keep you informed of any further development.

Edit: Ok, so I went thru a series of diverse missions with the updated DLL and so far, no error at all in the KER Log! I switched target several times and used "atmospheric reentry time" and "impact time" predictions as well as "impact biome" display... Looking good!

Edited by Galenmacil

46 minutes ago, Dextrian. said:

thanks for the great mod!

however, on the new version it doesn't seem to be working; I get a message at the load screen saying it is unsupported.

I installed it directly from curseforge (http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-engineer-redux).

Just ignore the warning for now.  The latest release should work fine in KSP 1.1.2 (barring the occasional bug which you can read about in the last few pages of this thread).

12 hours ago, Padishar said:

Just ignore the warning for now.  The latest release should work fine in KSP 1.1.2 (barring the occasional bug which you can read about in the last few pages of this thread).

Absolutely. It works perfectly fine, but the hud button is white. No problem at all.

Just now, TYRT said:

Absolutely. It works perfectly fine, but the hud button is white. No problem at all.

The button being white means you most likely have the mod installed incorrectly.  What is the KER folder in GameData called?

9 minutes ago, Padishar said:

The button being white means you most likely have the mod installed incorrectly.  What is the KER folder in GameData called?

It's KerbalEngineer. But I just realized it's the one for 1.1.0 and not 1.1.1, so thank you :D

Hi @Padishar

I have a request that is out of the scope of this mod... I have used a lot your rendezvous module also as a way to quickly find vessel and switch to them ( across the whole space or in the same physic sphere while building a base... very very very useful ).

I have been using this function instead of the other specific mods for this task ( ie targetron ) , what I am asking you is ,if you could implement a right click option on vessel/eva/debris that are nearby ( ie 200m ) to switch to that craft.

Thanks

Ok, look like just yesterday @IgorZ did it :)

Edited by brusura

So been getting some error/crashes that I think I isolated to KER, but it is for a heavily modified game. Complete mod list is here: pastebin.com/CHCsYG26

The errors are typically things like:

[LOG 10:39:13.081] dT is NaN! tA: 3.10872641957393, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.492] dT is NaN! tA: 3.1477833218546, E: -Infinity, M: -Infinity, T: -Infinity
[LOG 10:39:15.494] getObtAtUT infinite UT on elliptical orbit UT: Infinity, returning NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.495] getObtAtUT infinite UT on elliptical orbit UT: Infinity, returning NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.496] getObtAtUT infinite UT on elliptical orbit UT: Infinity, returning NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.497] getObtAtUT infinite UT on elliptical orbit UT: Infinity, returning NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.497] getObtAtUT infinite UT on elliptical orbit UT: Infinity, returning NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.498] getObtAtUT infinite UT on elliptical orbit UT: Infinity, returning NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.499] E is NaN! tA: 3.14159265358979, e = NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.504] E is NaN! tA: NaN, e = NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.505] E is NaN! tA: NaN, e = NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.505] E is NaN! tA: NaN, e = NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.506] dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN
[LOG 10:39:15.506] E is NaN! tA: NaN, e = NaN

Also I have data from the error log in KER that has this:

[Exception 10:39:46.9334493]: DisplayStack->Window // GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
[]:   at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.ReadoutModule.DrawLine (System.String value, Boolean compact) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Orbital.ApoapsisHeight.Draw (KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule section) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.DrawReadoutModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.DisplayStack.DrawSections (IEnumerable`1 sections) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.DisplayStack.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

So I will drop up the complete ksp.log and kerbalengineer.log here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl6snumc64upk8t/KerbalEngineer.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl75qo6odn7xcp6/KSP.log?dl=0

I am pretty sure it is KER at this point but it definitely could have to do with the interaction with other mods which is why I put the complete mod list link up above. Been running into this a lot lately so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

As an addendum I was able to reproduce this issue by aiming at the center of the Mun with a probe I was trying to crash into it, when the flight path hit directly down, the path vanished, the errors spammed but this time it 'slipped' past that point and then the errors stopped. This is when eccentricity hit 1.000000 among other things.

1 hour ago, TheReadPanda said:

As an addendum I was able to reproduce this issue by aiming at the center of the Mun with a probe I was trying to crash into it, when the flight path hit directly down, the path vanished, the errors spammed but this time it 'slipped' past that point and then the errors stopped. This is when eccentricity hit 1.000000 among other things.

I'll take a more in-depth look at the full logs a bit later but it looks like your orbit became degenerate and this caused issues both for the stock game and for mods.  I don't think there's anything that KER does with the orbit information that could cause KSP to crash even with a "bad" orbit so I suspect some other cause for the crash.  The UI related exception in the KER log indicates that the orbit probably changed between two of the calls made to KER's GUI function in a single frame.  I presume that several of the readouts disappeared from the KER window while the orbit was dodgy but that it came back once the orbit got better.

50 minutes ago, Padishar said:

I'll take a more in-depth look at the full logs a bit later but it looks like your orbit became degenerate and this caused issues both for the stock game and for mods.  I don't think there's anything that KER does with the orbit information that could cause KSP to crash even with a "bad" orbit so I suspect some other cause for the crash.  The UI related exception in the KER log indicates that the orbit probably changed between two of the calls made to KER's GUI function in a single frame.  I presume that several of the readouts disappeared from the KER window while the orbit was dodgy but that it came back once the orbit got better.

To be honest, I have been thinking this might be KAC but I really can't pin it down to that absolutely. I really wish that mods that had the debug.log function that went into the F2 readout or log file prefaced their messages with a code for their mod! Cause I can see the errors but can't track down for sure which mod it is... But yeah, the KER window basically nulled out in the crashes I had, and in the log crash I shared. So at least that is something to track down, even if it is not KER. Anyway, thank you for taking a look into it, might be something that can only be fixed in 1.1.3 update.

I took a look at the latest KER log file and this is still present. Just reporting that it does not seem to prevent KER from functioning properly:

Spoiler

[Log 23:43:48.0716500]: ActionMenu->Start
[Log 23:43:48.0741526]: FlightEngineerCore->Start
[Log 23:43:48.6982681]: GetExperimentBiome(Kerbin, NaN, NaN) died
[Exception 23:43:48.6982681]: Array index is out of range.
[]:   at MapSO.GetPixelColor (Int32 x, Int32 y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapSO.GetPixelColor (Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CBAttributeMapSO.GetAtt (Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ScienceUtil.GetExperimentBiome (.CelestialBody body, Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Surface.ImpactProcessor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[Log 23:43:53.0289978]: GetExperimentBiome(Kerbin, NaN, NaN) died
[Exception 23:43:53.0289978]: Array index is out of range.
[]:   at MapSO.GetPixelColor (Int32 x, Int32 y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapSO.GetPixelColor (Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CBAttributeMapSO.GetAtt (Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ScienceUtil.GetExperimentBiome (.CelestialBody body, Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Surface.ImpactProcessor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Well, interesting series of crashes today and while the log files basically show /nothing/ wrong prior to crash I did get this rather interesting picture I can share:

http://i.imgur.com/WNzFWXN.png

As you can see, we are in an escape from Kerbin, but our numbers are insane. They fluctuated wildly prior to the crash, but again there were no exc in the logs and the entire ker log only said:

Executing: KerbalEngineer - 1.1.1.0
Assembly: C:\Users\TheReadPanda\Documents\KSP-Career\GameData\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.dll

[Log 09:40:04.7400115]: BuildAdvanced->OnDestroy
[Log 09:40:10.3190627]: ActionMenu->Awake
[Log 09:40:10.3220909]: FlightEngineerCore->Awake
[Log 09:40:14.3773762]: ActionMenu->Start
[Log 09:40:14.4019065]: FlightEngineerCore->Start

I am re-installing KER now to see if it helps.

2 hours ago, TheReadPanda said:

Well, interesting series of crashes today and while the log files basically show /nothing/ wrong prior to crash I did get this rather interesting picture I can share:

http://i.imgur.com/WNzFWXN.png

As you can see, we are in an escape from Kerbin, but our numbers are insane. They fluctuated wildly prior to the crash, but again there were no exc in the logs and the entire ker log only said:

I am re-installing KER now to see if it helps.

I'm beginning to think this is a stock bug with escape trajectories.  Unlike the decaying orbit while off-rails issue, some people have reported their orbit gaining energy very fast when on an escape trajectory and there were a number of changes to the Orbit class in the last update that could have broken something.  I very much doubt that reinstalling KER will make any difference.  I'll try running a few tests of escaping Kerbin later this evening and submit an official bug report (or add to an existing one if there is one) if I find anything weird...

On 6/11/2016 at 11:21 AM, brusura said:

Hi @Padishar coud you add Latitude and Longitude of selected target in rendezvous ?

Thanks

Yes, I can see this could be useful (at least for when a vessel is the target, less useful for a celestial body) so I've sent a PR...

However, I suspect cybutek is likely to wait until the release of 1.1.3 before releasing a new version...

1 hour ago, Padishar said:

Yes, I can see this could be useful (at least for when a vessel is the target, less useful for a celestial body) so I've sent a PR...

However, I suspect cybutek is likely to wait until the release of 1.1.3 before releasing a new version...

Thanks @Padishar , yeah for celestial body does not make sense...maybe... it would very usefull if one could target a specific point on the surface  of said celestial body ....:) ops look like I'm going to ask for a new feature:

Ability to target an arbitrary point on the surface , ok ok I go away now xD

23 minutes ago, brusura said:

Thanks @Padishar , yeah for celestial body does not make sense...maybe... it would very usefull if one could target a specific point on the surface  of said celestial body ....:) ops look like I'm going to ask for a new feature:

Ability to target an arbitrary point on the surface , ok ok I go away now xD

It would probably be better if it were a stock feature of the targeting system, though I can see a way of doing it with another mod that I'm writing.  The recent release of 1.1, the imminent release of 1.1.3, and my current crusade against garbage thrash have kept this on the back-burner but I hope to get back to it fairly soon, if only with a proof-of-concept development release.

@Padishar Any chance of getting 'AoA' in the customizable HUDs? This is quite valuable info when hypercruising to see if numbers are trending positively/negatively, and thereby gaining/loosing drag. The navball is not accurate enough to get those small but critical desimals at extreme speeds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.