[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

14 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I am embarrassed to ask this, as I usually only go to the release section, however; I think I know what to do?

Download the ZIP from the top tier / expand archive and then -

KerbalEngineer-master\Output\KerbalEngineer  is where we find the "adventure" ?

yes, just click the clone/download button grab the lot in a zip then drag the KerbEng folder out of output into ksp gamedata

43 minutes ago, MatBailie said:

Whatever you release, whenever you release it, I'll be extremely grateful.  Thank you :)

I'm in with the general consensus.  I'm happy to wait for the "release ready" version.  :)  Your efforts are very much appreciated!

Admittedly, it's been interesting trying to make a spaceplane work by seat-of-the-pants methods.  :)  Two attempts last night, and the furthest I've managed to get is about 3/4s of the way around Kerbin, but I didn't crash either time!  (Had JUST ENOUGH pitch authority.)

Note: Landing gear in 1.2 is very durable.  :)  I slammed down hard multiple times and nothing broke!

4 minutes ago, Torih said:

Cybutek did say on the post to leave feedback for it.

OOps! Missed that - too exited :D

Compact to full view and direction of compacting in VAB view has hickupps.

It always compacts to the right upper corner but expands from the left upper corner to the right even when set otherwhise. Window can move out of reach quite fast.

6 minutes ago, Torih said:

Cybutek did say on the post to leave feedback for it.

Yes, please do leave feedback about things that don't work properly (or at all) but please check back in the thread for existing reports of the same problem before you do (or check the issues list in GitHub if reporting them there) so we don't get too many duplicated reports.

Also, please be sure to include plenty of detail in your reports: description of problem, screenshots, (links to) logs, etc.

3 minutes ago, Darkstar One said:

Compact to full view and direction of compacting in VAB view has hickupps.

It always compacts to the right upper corner but expands from the left upper corner to the right even when set otherwhise. Window can move out of reach quite fast.

A case in point, this really isn't a very good description.  As far as I'm aware this should work correctly, when set to left the top-left corner of the window should stay still and when set to right, the top-right corner should.  If this is not the case then please describe exactly the case that is going wrong.

General question / feedback - which I am sure you guys are aware of already - now with the new fuel flow rules , say a small fuel tank with an oscar-tank on the side now automatically crossfeeds fuel from it to the engine, this behaviour is not currently not calculated by KER, workaround is to attach the fuel line like we used to do and get the correct dv . Will the whole resource flow need an overhaul or is this something you can change rather easily?

5 minutes ago, Theysen said:

General question / feedback - which I am sure you guys are aware of already - now with the new fuel flow rules , say a small fuel tank with an oscar-tank on the side now automatically crossfeeds fuel from it to the engine, this behaviour is not currently not calculated by KER, workaround is to attach the fuel line like we used to do and get the correct dv . Will the whole resource flow need an overhaul or is this something you can change rather easily?

We're not entirely sure yet, it will take some rather careful examination of the new KSP behaviour to work out exactly what needs to change.  The fuel flow prioritisation will certainly need substantial work to support correctly and we will probably also need to add UI to control how the simulation handles the staging (e.g. allowing the user to specify the conditions required for the next stage to be fired).

Yeah Issue with the compact mode when you have it set to collapse to the right.

The top right of the window is not the point it collapses around. Instead it shifts the whole window to the right and then collapses.

Meaning if you have the window to the right of the screen it will disappear off the edge. Clicking compact again to enlarge it also moves the window further to the right.

Picks below showing it, Just clicked the compact button twice to minimise and then enlarge.

Spoiler

One.jpg

Two.jpg

three.jpg

9 minutes ago, Torih said:

Yeah Issue with the compact mode when you have it set to collapse to the right.

The top right of the window is not the point it collapses around. Instead it shifts the whole window to the right and then collapses.

Meaning if you have the window to the right of the screen it will disappear off the edge. Clicking compact again to enlarge it also moves the window further to the right.

Picks below showing it, Just clicked the compact button twice to minimise and then enlarge.

When you have it set to "right" the "compact" button shouldn't move when it is clicked (this is the whole point of the option, allowing a quick change to full and back to compact to check numbers without needing to chase the window).  Have you changed the standard UI scaling?

Just now, Padishar said:

When you have it set to "right" the "compact" button shouldn't move when it is clicked (this is the whole point of the option, allowing a quick change to full and back to compact to check numbers without needing to chase the window).  Have you changed the standard UI scaling?

Nothing changed with the UI settings, and no other mods installed. 

Yeah the compact button moves a lot when its clicked. It basically shifts the whole window to the right of the cursor position when you click collapse, then enlarges or collapses the window from that point.

Just now, Torih said:

Nothing changed with the UI settings, and no other mods installed. 

Yeah the compact button moves a lot when its clicked. It basically shifts the whole window to the right of the cursor position when you click collapse, then enlarges or collapses the window from that point.

What resolution are you running in?  KSP has had various issues with high resolutions over the years, this may be another one.  I've been testing in 1600x900.

7 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Interesting. While I'd not try a Jool 5 or anything without it, I'm surprised how well - after years of experience with KER as my guide - I can estimate how far a craft will take me.

I can too to some degree, but I've played RO for too long. :wink:

Question: I'm currently using the 1.2 beta version, so it's of course not completely done or anything, but this is an issue I had with many older versions:

Regularly in VAB, the tooltip saying a parts name just gets 'stuck' to the curser, even if I move it off and it stays there until I move it over that part again. Often just happening by moving the cursor fast over a part. Seems to happen especially often in 1.2, but as said, its an older issue.

Basically this (with invisible cursor for some reason (directly at tooltip)^^):

Spoiler

cRnOnPG.jpg

The features of Kerbingeneer itself are super useful, but somhow that little box constantly getting stuck is really unnerving to me ^^'

It disapeers when I disable the VAB feauters (those transparent black boxes).

Edited by Temeter

Yeah its when you drag from one part onto another it will leave the name of the first part on the cursor most of the time. though command pods dont seem too.

You can stop it happening if you disable the Build Engineer Overlay but that means loosing the 2 useful info panels at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Darkstar One said:

Yes, same problem here (as mentioned earlier). Same resolution. KSP64 started with the -popupwindow parameter

Can the people that see this problem provide some details of your machines please?  E.g. OS, CPU, GPU, RAM etc...

12 hours ago, cybutek said:

PROGRESS UPDATE

I'm working on getting out a "usable" release very soon. Note that right at this point in time I will not have touched the fuel flow simulation, except parts that need attention for the sake of compilation. This means that the delta-v calculations - although working - may potentially be inaccurate for complex craft.

Awesome great work!

On 9/15/2016 at 4:31 AM, cybutek said:

For the "adventurous" types among you; a version compiled for 1.2 is available on the GitHub. You'll need everything from within the 'Output' directory (an overwrite of the old 'KerbalEngineer.dll' won't suffice this time). Hint: it may be easier to download the repository as a zip and just extract out what's in the 'Output' directory rather than downloading each file individually :wink: 

It's not "release ready" but it's there to use, and feel free to leave any feedback you think could help.

@cybutek Thank you so much for the work. I just sent you 10 pounds via paypal to keep you caffeinated through the 1.2 release     :D

Side note: KER stage view is showing inaccurate thrust metrics for some engines. the Reliant engine shows 325kN in stage view (vs 275 shown in info box). Swivel is showing 230kN (vs 200). My test platform is a Mk1 capsule, a single fuel tank and the engine - simple as possible.

Edited by tjt

20 hours ago, Padishar said:

Can the people that see this problem provide some details of your machines please?  E.g. OS, CPU, GPU, RAM etc...

Yes sure:

Game:Steam Version & Shop Version
RAM:16GB RAM
GPU: GTX970M & Intel HD4600
CPU: i7 4810MQ 2,8Ghz
Screen 1920x1080 (Sometimes 2x Screen with same resolution, KSP running only on one.)

Anything else that can be provided?

Edited by Darkstar One

On 9/14/2016 at 6:54 PM, scorpianz1525 said:

I'm just gonna wait for mechjeb and KER

I have been using mechjeb for so long that I can do what it does manually. It helps that the 1.2 GUI is easier to use and smoother to adjust. So far as DV's are concerned, I just overbuild. :lol:

32 minutes ago, ansaman said:

I have been using mechjeb for so long that I can do what it does manually. It helps that the 1.2 GUI is easier to use and smoother to adjust. So far as DV's are concerned, I just overbuild. :lol:

I use KER for the readouts and mechjebs SMART ASS - I could live without mechjeb but KER sure is useful. I also like kOS to fly my shuttle

Thank you for updating KER.  I've always used MechJeb for orbit planning and dV calculations in the VAB/SPH.  It appears that sarbian will not update MJ2 anytime soon, given that it has many complex functions, I guess.  So, when I saw that KER was updated for 1.2, I thought I'd give it a try.  Wow!!  Love it.

If you add a maneuver node editor, I could pretty much abandon MJ2 altogether.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.