[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Can I suggest PreciseNode? It's a fairly robust standalone node editor.

I have used PreciseNode in the past.  Thanks for the reminder.  Has it been updated for 1.2?  If so, I'M THERE!!!

EDIT:  PreciseNode not updated.  However, Valerian has made an unofficial update that hes is seeking to share (with blizzy's approval)

EDIT:  Unofficial PreciseNode works fine.

Edited by Apollo13

Need some instruction.  Using KER and PreciseNode, what is the best way to rendezvous with another vessel?  That is, how do I use the info in KER Rendezvous window to intercept the vessel? 

I ask, because using MJ, I click on the Hohmann Intercept button, and it creates a maneuver node.  I then manually execute the maneuver node.

Edited by Apollo13

1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

Need some instruction.  Using KER and PreciseNode, what is the best way to rendezvous with another vessel?  That is, how do I use the info in KER Rendezvous window to intercept the vessel? 

I ask, because using MJ, I click on the Hohmann Intercept button, and it creates a maneuver node.  I then manually execute the maneuver node.

They don't directly help with it (just give you the data like relative inclination, speed, etc), you just need to do a manual manoeuvre or 2 to get into the same orbit.

This will help if your not use it it, may want to skip a few minutes in:

9 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Thanks for that.  I needed a reminder.  I have about 1600 hours in  KSP Career mode.  Always used MJ for planning orbits and rendezvous.

should try using without MJ ... thats where the fun is anyways for me :) (and dasvaldez)

1 hour ago, kreutzkevic said:

Just a heads up,  @cybutek

Something in the last version of KER for 1.1.x makes the HG-5 relay in 1.2 not relay signals properly. 

I did some testing and tracked it down to this mod. Have no clue what it might be. 

Cheers. 

That sounds a bit strange, but then I'm surprised that the old version works at all in 1.2 because of the dependency on KSPUtil.dll which has been removed from KSP 1.2.

I suggest you try the version mentioned in this post and see how that works or else just live without KER for now...

1 minute ago, Padishar said:

That sounds a bit strange, but then I'm surprised that the old version works at all in 1.2 because of the dependency on KSPUtil.dll which has been removed from KSP 1.2.

I suggest you try the version mentioned in this post and see how that works or else just live without KER for now...

It wasn't working. I just forgot to uninstall it from my basic Steam KSP install after I noticed the parts did nothing. It's a bit of a blow but I'm managing. :wink: 
I'll wait for the official 1.2 release

Here's the thread:

Here's the Imgur of the situation:

http://imgur.com/a/L4fO7

I did some minor testing on the relay issue in 1.2 - whenever a relay is occluded, ie, on the far side of the mun or minmus, it leads to a permanent loss of signal.  This only happens during live flight however, if you watch the relay from the tracking center, everything is fine.

EDIT: This happens even if the relay is linked to another vessel that has a direct link to Kerbin.  Also this only happens if the ER-7500 unit is on the relay in question, otherwise works fine.  My programmer gut tells me this might be a UI bug/issue? But I have like no actual reason to think that, just a feeling.

Edited by archnem

Hey there,

While using the version from the 'Output' directory, in the latest pre-release(happened also before the last two updates), this happens:  

http://i.imgur.com/lQpKS7M.png?1  http://i.imgur.com/JzKCVet.png?1  

Basically when you hover over a part, it's name and the "Press middle mouse.." things stays on, even when moving the mouse around. If you hover over something else it will change to that.

I'm running the 64bit version with no other mods

Is it fixable? Thanks

6 hours ago, archnem said:

I did some minor testing on the relay issue in 1.2 - whenever a relay is occluded, ie, on the far side of the mun or minmus, it leads to a permanent loss of signal.  This only happens during live flight however, if you watch the relay from the tracking center, everything is fine.

EDIT: This happens even if the relay is linked to another vessel that has a direct link to Kerbin.  Also this only happens if the ER-7500 unit is on the relay in question, otherwise works fine.  My programmer gut tells me this might be a UI bug/issue? But I have like no actual reason to think that, just a feeling.

As with all issues in mods or in KSP itself, the log (either output_log.txt or player.log) almost certainly contains more info about the problem.  Any chance you could post a log from a short run of KSP where a vessel loses signal like this.  A save file with a reproducible scenario (e.g. load the save, fly ship A, wait until it gets occluded would also be very handy.

P.S. Please don't post the log itself in this thread, upload it somewhere (zip it if huge) and post a link.

7 hours ago, Bkp666 said:

Basically when you hover over a part, it's name and the "Press middle mouse.." things stays on, even when moving the mouse around. If you hover over something else it will change to that.

Are you sure this is the mod causing it?

(I have seen this, too.  I just hadn't discovered what was causing it.)

8 hours ago, Bkp666 said:

Hey there,

While using the version from the 'Output' directory, in the latest pre-release(happened also before the last two updates), this happens:  

http://i.imgur.com/lQpKS7M.png?1  http://i.imgur.com/JzKCVet.png?1  

I'm running the 64bit version with no other mods

Is it fixable? Thanks

Thanks. I am getting the same issue.

Yeah its definitely Kerb Engineer causing it, and has been since at least KSP 1.1 (maybe earlier). Thought it was a stock bug until I was getting the info to report it during Pre 1.2. 

If you disable the Build Engineer Overlay (un-select all 3) in the options it stops, but you will loose the 2 info boxes at the bottom.

11 hours ago, Bkp666 said:

Yes, it appears there is something wrong with the code that decides what part is under the pointer.  Ideally, it should only show if the mouse is over a part of the rocket and not over other UI.

4 hours ago, razark said:

Are you sure this is the mod causing it?

4 hours ago, LameLefty said:

Yes. It happens to me too with 1.2pre, and does not happen with KER removed.

1 hour ago, Torih said:

Yeah its definitely Kerb Engineer causing it, and has been since at least KSP 1.1 (maybe earlier). Thought it was a stock bug until I was getting the info to report it during Pre 1.2.

Yes, of course it's KER, the part info tooltip is part of KER's Build Engineer overlay feature.  I'll try to investigate the problem if I get a bit of time...

1 hour ago, Torih said:

If you disable the Build Engineer Overlay (un-select all 3) in the options it stops, but you will loose the 2 info boxes at the bottom.

You only need to deselect the Visible button to stop it.  I usually run with this turned off (and the Build Engineer window in compact mode, or even closed when I'm not specifically using it) because the KER UI does generate quite a lot of garbage.  It would also be nice if you could disable the tooltips separately from the other info panels.

Apart from the already mentioned tooltip issue, I note that the dev/1.2 version also fails to account for the new fuel flow rules, specifically rapiers that can/will draw from all tanks (both modes), as well as crossfeed-enabled radial decouplers.
No big deal, but leads to otherwise unnecessary fuel ducts to get KER to work.

Question for the kerbal engineer devs, I have noticed that with 1.1.3 your get time to ascending node function seems to use a function that doesn't exist in 1.2, if I may ask how did you work around the problem? I tried solving it with math, but without much success. I thought I had the equations figured out, but my attempt must have been flawed, I was trying to solve it using the True anomaly, mean anomaly, eccentricity, and orbital period. Any tips would be most welcome.

Edited by Electr0ninja

22 minutes ago, Electr0ninja said:

Question for the kerbal engineer devs, I have noticed that with 1.1.3 your get time to ascending node function seems to use a function that doesn't exist in 1.2, if I may ask how did you work around the problem? I tried solving it with math, but without much success. I thought I had the equations figured out, but my attempt must have been flawed, I was trying to solve it using the True anomaly, mean anomaly, eccentricity, and orbital period. Any tips would be most welcome.

What function are you referring to?  I can't see any changes in that area for 1.2 compatibility...

@cybutek I've found a bug that causes a Crash to Desktop. It occurs when I'm using the "Switch to Target" button on the Search Bar. It doesn't happen every time, but more than 50% of the time.

I've loaded two crash reports and my log file into a dropbox folder for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8lx4jp9i22tuykd/AABmQFHX-TBlWn7kxkD88B4Pa?dl=0

I'm running 1.2 build 1548 on Windows. I've seen this crash behavior on several previous builds too.

3 hours ago, tjt said:

@cybutek I've found a bug that causes a Crash to Desktop. It occurs when I'm using the "Switch to Target" button on the Search Bar. It doesn't happen every time, but more than 50% of the time.

I've loaded two crash reports and my log file into a dropbox folder for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8lx4jp9i22tuykd/AABmQFHX-TBlWn7kxkD88B4Pa?dl=0

I'm running 1.2 build 1548 on Windows. I've seen this crash behavior on several previous builds too.

There's no direct indication in any of the logs that KER is the cause though it is possible.  Switching vessels involves a scene change from flight to flight and, while I can imagine a number of ways that KER initiating the switch could cause problems, I would expect to see exceptions in the log rather than a hard crash.  Can you give a reasonably detailed description of what you were doing?  Were you doing the same thing for both the crash reports?  Have you tried the same thing without KER installed?  If it is even partly repeatable from a saved game state then a copy of that game and a detailed description of exactly what you need to do would be most helpful...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.