[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

33 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Thanks!

Also I Cant Seem To Get The Stats To Come Up In Flight.

Im In Career Mode, Are There Any Settings I Need To Change?

31 minutes ago, Torih said:

You either need to put one of the 2 parts on each craft, or set it as partless in the options. Click the settings button on KER in the VAB

Or have an engineer on board.

1 hour ago, SteveD80 said:

Can anyone give me a rule of thumb for atmospheric delta-v to get to orbit.  Due to the limitations of the transitional version I have been arriving in orbit with far more fuel than I would like to.

A little over 3k vacuum should do it- can't really say for atmo, as I never really use that setting, but that probably needs to be a good bit higher. Not that too much fuel is really a bad thing anyway- just gives you a bigger margin of error.

1 hour ago, SteveD80 said:

Can anyone give me a rule of thumb for atmospheric delta-v to get to orbit.  Due to the limitations of the transitional version I have been arriving in orbit with far more fuel than I would like to.

When that happens to me - I dock with my station and dump it.

Perhaps my trajectories are not efficient enough or I'm just a too cautious guy, but I put at least 4000 m/s for low Kerbin orbit. The first 1000 is usually spent in the low atmosphere, so I use atmospheric value for it and vacuum value for the rest.

3 hours ago, garwel said:

Perhaps my trajectories are not efficient enough or I'm just a too cautious guy, but I put at least 4000 m/s for low Kerbin orbit. The first 1000 is usually spent in the low atmosphere, so I use atmospheric value for it and vacuum value for the rest.

Credit goes to Red Iron Crown for this, he taught me:

Launch straight up, and by reaching a speed of 100 m/s, pitch to 75°. After that, you can set SAS to point at prograde and most launches will be good, but try to aim to reach 45° by an altitude of 10 km. If you see that you're missing it, just pitch a bit up/down manually. After that you should be at maybe 20 to 25° by 25 km and horizontalize by 45 to 50 km.

My personal additional advice is, have a lower stage TWR of around 1.5 (atmospheric), an upper stage TWR of more than 0.6 and the stages should have about an equal amount of delta-V. This trajectory and rocket should get you to orbit for 3300 to 3400 m/s.

3 hours ago, APlayer said:

That's a wee bit different than my personal procedure... but not really.  Seems to work fine most of the time.

I use FAR so sometimes i have trouble with CoM vs CoL and things get unstable after pitch-over, but it's nothing that a few well-placed fins can't fix.

On 11/12/2016 at 10:43 PM, SteveD80 said:

I use FAR, and I find that having 3500 m/s atmospheric and 1.25 TWR at launch usually guarantees that I'll make orbit with enough gas left in the booster to "self-clean". Actual mileage varies by design, of course. 

2 hours ago, capi3101 said:

I use FAR, and I find that having 3500 m/s atmospheric and 1.25 TWR at launch usually guarantees that I'll make orbit with enough gas left in the booster to "self-clean". Actual mileage varies by design, of course. 

That's about what I'm doing without FAR.  On heavy launches I have a tenancy to have nearly a full  Kerbodyne S3-7200.

Hello,

I,'ve got an easy question (but hey, noob spoted!) :

how do I move the left bottom windows (ressources, vessel..)?

My guess they are from KES, but I cannot find a way (while at launch pad, it's fine, I can do it).

2bc4d482-a6b5-4e30-8c2f-4381ce7cd427.jpg

EDIT : forgot to mention, I only have 4 mods

KSP: 1.2.1
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.4

Edited by Argelle
precision

On 11/2/2016 at 10:20 AM, Padishar said:

Yes, as mentioned several times in the last few pages, the deltaV calculation code has not yet been updated to cope correctly with all the changes to the fuel flow in KSP 1.2.

Here is version 1.1.2.5p with the first version of the support for the changes to both jet and rocket fuel flow.  It's had a fair amount of testing and seems to match the core draining behaviour but there could well still be issues with it.  If reporting problems with the deltaV calculations then please post the craft file and a log where you have clicked the "Verbose simulation log" button.  Preferably, zip both together and give it a name based on your forum name so I can more easily find the forum post it relates to.  Also, if posting a screenshot of the BuildEngineer window then make sure that "All Stages" is selected.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwk584df82uqdmq/KerbalEngineer-1.1.2.5p.zip?dl=1

17 hours ago, Padishar said:

Here is version 1.1.2.5p with the first version of the support for the changes to both jet and rocket fuel flow.  It's had a fair amount of testing and seems to match the core draining behaviour but there could well still be issues with it.  If reporting problems with the deltaV calculations then please post the craft file and a log where you have clicked the "Verbose simulation log" button.  Preferably, zip both together and give it a name based on your forum name so I can more easily find the forum post it relates to.  Also, if posting a screenshot of the BuildEngineer window then make sure that "All Stages" is selected.

Thank you Padishar :)

this ker output is maybe ok

without information how many fuel is in "central" and in "side" tanks, and without info how many fuel flow to engines, we dont know which engine stop first

when central engine stop first ... line s4 with isp 0 is ok

for correct staging and some isp in line s4 you need more fuel for central engine, and less fuel for side engines

you need dump fuel for side engines (stop first and decouple) while central engine running

Edited by Osel
missclicks :P

5 minutes ago, Osel said:

this ker output is maybe ok

withotu information how many fuel is in "small" and in "large" tanks, and without info how many fuel flow to engine, we dont know which engine stop first

when large engine stop first ... line s4 with isp 0 is ok

I am very sick and can't sleep. I made dumb mistakes! Never mind haha, thank you!

I was testing this out with a jet plane, and noticed that the three "Rate" entries for the vessel don't seem to be correct.

Specifically the Heading Rate, Pitch Rate and Roll Rate.

I loaded the Dove (a stock jet) and was flying it.  At one point, while doing a roll of about 90 degrees a second, the Roll Rate was still shoing 0.00000?? degrees/sec.  Similar issue with the Heading Rate and Pitch Rate.

22 hours ago, Padishar said:

Good, I ll have something to check my changes against :P

However "Support for balance flow modes" ? Those modes still do something different ?

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was testing this out with a jet plane, and noticed that the three "Rate" entries for the vessel don't seem to be correct.

Specifically the Heading Rate, Pitch Rate and Roll Rate.

I loaded the Dove (a stock jet) and was flying it.  At one point, while doing a roll of about 90 degrees a second, the Roll Rate was still shoing 0.00000?? degrees/sec.  Similar issue with the Heading Rate and Pitch Rate.

I'm not very familiar with that bit of the code but I'll take a look when I get a few minutes...

2 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Good, I ll have something to check my changes against :P

However "Support for balance flow modes" ? Those modes still do something different ?

The code is still very WIP...

As far as I'm aware, it is the difference between taking an equal amount from each tank being drained or taking an amount proportional to how much is in each tank, e.g. if an engine is draining 1 unit/s in total from two tanks with 10 and 90 units, then it will either drain 0.5 units from each or it will drain 0.1 from one and 0.9 from the other.  I've not actually tested all the different flow modes yet to determine whether this is necessary, but I believe it is...

3 minutes ago, Padishar said:

The code is still very WIP...

You should see mine :) I am still trying to decide between 2 approach. I ll most likely release the one that changes less code soonish and see if I actually do the one that require a larger rewrite later, depending on the success of the first code.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.