[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

22 hours ago, monstah said:

The dev version works just fine. I think they have some problems with calculating dV when using one of the fancy new fuel flow modes, but otherwise go right ahead.

Are there any scenarios in particular that you are aware of where it is not accurate?

Since adding support for radial tanks, I have not seen any obvious inaccuracies in the delta-v calculations.

Even scenarios such as adjusting the fuel priority of a part that can feed fuel through a cross-feed enabled decoupler so that it's priory is after all tanks on the earlier stage will cause it to calculated as part of the later stage, match what I would want it to do.

The only way I know to make the d-v read-outs inaccurate is if I use R&D to change the properties of a part, then look at the(unchanged) readings without either re-adding the part or moving to the launch-pad(R&D does not change all parts on the vessel you are working on when you upgrade something until you move your vessel the launch pad, so only later added parts will have the updated stats in the VAB.  Therefore this is just a quirk of R&D, not a problem with KER)

2 minutes ago, Terwin said:

Are there any scenarios in particular that you are aware of where it is not accurate?

Since version 1.1.2.5p it should be calculating using the new KSP 1.2 rules.  Nobody has reported any issues with this so far...

8 hours ago, Padishar said:

Don't worry, KER won't be doing any inaccurate maths.  It'll just be providing a number of readouts using different units that real pilots are used to using for quick mental maths.  Adding a calculated current glide slope readout (and slope to target) would also be a good idea.  Would it be best as an angle (e.g. 3°) or as a ratio (e.g. 1:20), or even switchable by clicking on it...?

An angle is better because if you set your speed vector, which is in fact the prograde vector of the Navball in atmospheric flight, on -3° on your Navball, you will follow a 3° descent path

possibly random question but is there a reason that KER uses degrees minutes seconds for Lat/Lng when every other mod/game aspect uses decimal? Turns out in v1.1.3 that KER is more accurate on the Lat/Lng positioning than VOID is with its decimal values... but VOID is built upon KER... so that makes me wonder if degrees minutes seconds is a more accurate way of showing location without having to write out to a large number of significant digits in decimal format?

No big deal, just me being lazy and hating to have to do conversions :P

Version 1.1.2.8 is now available! - GET IT HERE!

Fixed: Compile errors caused due to game update.
Fixed: Asset bundle errors due to engine update.
Fixed: Part info overlay no longer visible when hovering over part selection panel.
Fixed: Clamp360 now returns [0, 360]. (Pad)
Fixed: Possible NRE when "Back to target selection" sets the target to null. (Pad)
Fixed: Clamp value passed to Acos function within the impact processor to avoid potential NaN. (Pad)
Fixed: Use inverseStage of tank for stage priority flow instead of decoupled stage count. (Pad)
Changed: True Anomaly to be displayed in degrees rather than radians. (was changed in stock 1.1.x) (Pad)
Changed: Typos in the post-burn apo/peri readout descriptions. (Pad)
Changed: Added missing space before the 'W' in the target longitude readout formatting. (Pad)
Changed: Simulation and logging to produces less GC. (Pad)
Changed: Tweaked impact processor calculations. (Pad)
Added: Target Latitude & Longitude readouts to the rendezvous section. (Pad)
Added: Extra readout help strings. (rkagerer)
Added: Planes and Relays to the target selector readout. (Pad)
Added: Post-burn orbital period and inclination readouts. (Pad)
Added: Support for balance and priority flow modes. (Pad)
Added: Custom keybinding of the part info show/hide functionality.

Has anyone noticed that when using KER, a targeted object doesn't show as a selected target when you're in the flight view?  When I try to rondevu with my space station for example, station set as target, I can't see it while flying.  As I approach the space station, I try to target docking ports and KSP says I've targeted the port but the port doesn't highlight.  So I have to keep popping out to the map to see my separation distance.

4 minutes ago, Jackelmyer said:

Has anyone noticed that when using KER, a targeted object doesn't show as a selected target when you're in the flight view?  When I try to rondevu with my space station for example, station set as target, I can't see it while flying.  As I approach the space station, I try to target docking ports and KSP says I've targeted the port but the port doesn't highlight.  So I have to keep popping out to the map to see my separation distance.

Tried pressing "F4" key?

3 minutes ago, Jackelmyer said:

There also a distance read-out you can use in KER's "Rendez-Vous" panel in flight view.

@cybutek thanks for the (official) release :D

Hmm...  Maybe I newbed out and hit F4 at some point.  Seems to be working at the Kerbal Space Center (launch pad to runway targeting).  Couldn't get the labels to show up over Minmus when trying to intercept.  Real pain.  Thanks and apologies!  Probably just newbing out.

13 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

KER does not alter your game at all. You can add and remove it from your game without impacting the savegames at all....

Be careful with this, it may bork a craft if it has a KER part on it when one removes KER

Edit: Also, Hooray for the new release!

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

57 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

KER does not alter your game at all. You can add and remove it from your game without impacting the savegames at all....

Careful with such statements.

Unless KER was used in partless mode, removing it may be bad idea. Unless you know how to remove module and disable  section in cfg file, so part becomes inert, but not causes your ships to disappear on game load.

Pretty bad stock feature, if you ask me. I think, that game should stop loading on error, pop a message, write a log and exit without altering save file.

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

what's kerbalengineerforall? (also, is this or the regular KER on ckan?

It a small MM cfg which mods KER into all command pod/probes.... It's bundled with mechjeb for all. And don't worry about it being for 1.0.... does not matter... It is still working as expected.

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221500-mechjeb-and-engineer-for-all

Spoiler

// Stock KerbalEngineer
// Copyright 2015 Malah
// This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
// All the code from KerbalEngineer is in GPLv3

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[FlightEngineerModule]]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]:AFTER[KerbalEngineer]
{
    MODULE 
    {
        name = FlightEngineerModule
    }
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[BuildEngineer]]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]:AFTER[KerbalEngineer]
{
    MODULE 
    {
        name = BuildEngineer
    }
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalSeat],!MODULE[FlightEngineerModule]]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]:AFTER[KerbalEngineer]
{
    MODULE 
    {
        name = FlightEngineerModule
    }
}
@PART[Engineer7500|EngineerChip]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]:AFTER[KerbalEngineer]
{
     @TechRequired = unassigned
    @category = none
}

Spoiler

// Stock MechJeb
// Copyright 2015 Malah
// This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
// All the code from MechJeb is in GPLv3

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:AFTER[MechJeb2]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore
        MechJebLocalSettings {
            MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
            MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
            MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            //MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
            MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
        }
        //*** NEW ***
        blacklist = MechJebModuleNodeEditor
    }
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalSeat],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:AFTER[MechJeb2]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore
        MechJebLocalSettings {
            MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
            MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
            MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            //MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
            MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
        }
        //*** NEW ***
        blacklist = MechJebModuleNodeEditor
    }
}
@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202|mumech_MJ2_Pod]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:AFTER[MechJeb2]
{
    @TechRequired = unassigned
    @category = none
}

54 minutes ago, peteletroll said:

I did... :-)

Yes, sorry, that was the first thing that occurred to me but then I spotted the thrust and TWR were different so I've just tested it and see the same thing.  I'll investigate...

Edit: @peteletroll, it appears that I introduced this problem back in September and it has been present in every KSP 1.2 compatible version there has been so far.  Rather annoying that neither I nor anyone else spotted the problem in one of the many test builds since...

I've submitted a pull request to fix the issue though I've not had time to build a test version yet...

Edited by Padishar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.