[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

In my 1.2 game, the Flight Engineer panel would appear whenever I hovered my mouse over the KER button in flight mode.  After reinstalling everything for 1.3, I have to click the KER button to make the Flight Engineer panel appear.  Is that an intentional change in the mod, or is there a configuration setting somewhere that I'm overlooking?  I'd like to get it back to hover mode if possible.

6 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Is that an intentional change in the mod, or is there a configuration setting somewhere that I'm overlooking?

Yes, it was an intentional change.  See the release post of the latest version here:

There should be a fairly obvious setting in one of the usual places...

3 hours ago, Padishar said:

Yes, it was an intentional change.  See the release post of the latest version here:

There should be a fairly obvious setting in one of the usual places...

Thanks, I'd overlooked that.  Turns out there's a button on the settings screen in the VAB — I didn't see it because I was looking for Flight Engineer settings in flight mode.  :)

Edited by Wyzard

Actually I have to untidy a well borked install again.

What is this about?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Orbital.CurrentSoi.Draw (KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule section) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.DrawReadoutModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionModule.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Sections.SectionWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei6y6xdxjbn1dh9/2017-07-11-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

I have an odd -

Does KER have a resolution setting outside of KSP?  Or, is there a way to make KER' windows re-sizable? I ask, because in a save somehow , my KER appears to be at a higher resolution and smaller?

Just curious.. what it might be.

I run KSP at 1920 x 1080

3 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Is this a known issue?

I just recognized that in VAB on middle-click over parts the GUI does never show the ASL thrust, only the VAC one.

I don't think so.. I must have done something .. somewhere.. just curious if anyone else had done this or knows about it?

Can I make a quick suggestion? Add a line break into the miscellaneous section for the readouts. It's super trivial, I know, but I'd prefer that over the separator line that's available, and I feel like it wouldn't be too much trouble to add. Just a thought.

On 7/13/2017 at 6:23 PM, gamerscircle said:

I have an odd -

Does KER have a resolution setting outside of KSP?  Or, is there a way to make KER' windows re-sizable? I ask, because in a save somehow , my KER appears to be at a higher resolution and smaller?

Just curious.. what it might be.

I run KSP at 1920 x 1080

When you check the KER settings, there's a miscellaneous section. In it you'll find a GUI size selector you can add to your readout:

b8ea7e135a.png

5630335577.png

555357d4c5.png

See the HUD I've got sitting in the middle of the screen? There's a GUI size selector at the bottom of it that I added from that miscellaneous category.

So I've been running into a weird problem with KER. The TWR it shows is a lot higher than the actual amount. The weird thing is that I also have mechjeb installed and it seems to be showing the correct TWR. The delta-v data shown by both mods seem to be accurate. I'll add screenshots tomorrow.

The version of KER I have is 1.1.3.0, most of my mods are installed through CKAN.

I think the issue might be related to KWrocketry engines, because all the times I noticed the issue was when using KW engines, but that might just be due to me not using any other engines.

Modlist:

Spoiler

KerbalAlarmClock
KerbalEngineerRedux
ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation
TriggerAu-Flags
TweakScale
NearFutureSolar-Core
EditorExtensionsRedux
JanitorsCloset
WaypointManager
ContractConfigurator
EasyBoard
KSPInterstellarExtended
LandingHeight
MechJeb2
ProceduralParts
DynamicBatteryStorage
KWRocketryRedux
KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr
ZeroMiniAVC
InterstellarFuelSwitch
HideEmptyTechNodes
UniversalStorage
SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry
CommunityResourcePack
InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core
SimpleAdjustableFairings
ContractConfigurator-CleverSats
ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch
xScience
DMagicOrbitalScience
UKS
CrowdSourcedScience
CapCom
USI-LS
FirespitterCore
USITools
CommunityCategoryKit
USI-Core
Konstruction
GroundConstruction-Core
AT-Utils
ConfigurableContainers-Core
ProgressParser
ContractParser
CommunityTechTree
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FilterExtensions
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR
B9PartSwitch
NearFutureSolar
KerbalFoundriesContinued
KSPWheel
NearFutureConstruction
NearFuturePropulsion
ModuleManager
KerbalNRAP
Chatterer
ChattererExtended
CollisionFX
ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy
MechJebForAll
StageRecovery
FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig
DavonSupplyMod
NearFutureElectrical-Core
NearFutureElectrical
KerbnetController
ScienceRelay
KAS
KIS
KerbalJointReinforcement
KspCraftOrganizer
KRASH
BetterBurnTime
ContractConfigurator-Tourism
ShipManifest
B9
B9-PWings-Fork
B9-props
RasterPropMonitor-Core
SmokeScreen
B9AnimationModules

(I don't know if I did the spoiler correctly so if I didn't can someone fix it for me please)

1 hour ago, Jas0n said:

So I've been running into a weird problem with KER. The TWR it shows is a lot higher than the actual amount. The weird thing is that I also have mechjeb installed and it seems to be showing the correct TWR. The delta-v data shown by both mods seem to be accurate. I'll add screenshots tomorrow.

The version of KER I have is 1.1.3.0, most of my mods are installed through CKAN.

I think the issue might be related to KWrocketry engines, because all the times I noticed the issue was when using KW engines, but that might just be due to me not using any other engines.

Modlist:

Reveal hidden contents

KerbalAlarmClock
KerbalEngineerRedux
ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation
TriggerAu-Flags
TweakScale
NearFutureSolar-Core
EditorExtensionsRedux
JanitorsCloset
WaypointManager
ContractConfigurator
EasyBoard
KSPInterstellarExtended
LandingHeight
MechJeb2
ProceduralParts
DynamicBatteryStorage
KWRocketryRedux
KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr
ZeroMiniAVC
InterstellarFuelSwitch
HideEmptyTechNodes
UniversalStorage
SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry
CommunityResourcePack
InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core
SimpleAdjustableFairings
ContractConfigurator-CleverSats
ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch
xScience
DMagicOrbitalScience
UKS
CrowdSourcedScience
CapCom
USI-LS
FirespitterCore
USITools
CommunityCategoryKit
USI-Core
Konstruction
GroundConstruction-Core
AT-Utils
ConfigurableContainers-Core
ProgressParser
ContractParser
CommunityTechTree
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FilterExtensions
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR
B9PartSwitch
NearFutureSolar
KerbalFoundriesContinued
KSPWheel
NearFutureConstruction
NearFuturePropulsion
ModuleManager
KerbalNRAP
Chatterer
ChattererExtended
CollisionFX
ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy
MechJebForAll
StageRecovery
FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig
DavonSupplyMod
NearFutureElectrical-Core
NearFutureElectrical
KerbnetController
ScienceRelay
KAS
KIS
KerbalJointReinforcement
KspCraftOrganizer
KRASH
BetterBurnTime
ContractConfigurator-Tourism
ShipManifest
B9
B9-PWings-Fork
B9-props
RasterPropMonitor-Core
SmokeScreen
B9AnimationModules

(I don't know if I did the spoiler correctly so if I didn't can someone fix it for me please)

Are you certain you activated atmospheric mode? i.e. you have the atmosphere sliders at the bottom of the window.

I'm having a problem with the deltaV readout in my RSS save. For some reason KER always says the current stage has 0 deltaV left. So when a stage has lets say 1300 Dv, the moment the engine ignites it says 0. And when i turn the engine off again it shows the correct amount thats left. why is that? and how do i fix it?

13 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

Are you certain you activated atmospheric mode? i.e. you have the atmosphere sliders at the bottom of the window.

I'm pretty sure I did. Even if I didn't, I don't it would have caused that much of a difference. MJ was showing about 1.8 TWR while KER was showing 9+ if I recall correctly.

Nevermind I solved it. Apparently KER was set to Duna for some reason.... I must've forgotten to change it back.

Edited by Jas0n

On 26/07/2017 at 2:45 PM, svenkroesen said:

why is that?

Because there is a bug in KER's handling of RealFuels engines that no-one has got around to fixing yet.

On 26/07/2017 at 2:45 PM, svenkroesen said:

and how do i fix it?

You don't unless you know a reasonable amount about KSP mod development using C#, in which case you work out where the problem is in the mod code, fix it and then submit a pull request on github... :wink:

There's a problem with J404 and rapier. This mod cannot identify these two double-mode engine. I mean if you only place these two kind of engines on your plane, the dv, TWR, thrust and everything like that which is related to engines' properties will just show nothing; and if you place other kind of engines on your plane, this mod will calculate these data only based on engines you just placed. It seems this mod only considers these two engines as dead weight. Does anyone meet the same problem as me? 

I'm useing the latest version (1.1.3.0) with ksp1.3

Edited by msssaf

2 hours ago, msssaf said:

There's a problem with J404 and rapier. This mod cannot identify these two double-mode engine. I mean if you only place these two kind of engines on your plane, the dv, TWR, thrust and everything like that which is related to engines' properties will just show nothing; and if you place other kind of engines on your plane, this mod will calculate these data only based on engines you just placed. It seems this mod only considers these two engines as dead weight. Does anyone meet the same problem as me? 

I'm useing the latest version (1.1.3.0) with ksp1.3

sorry.....I just saw the answer on the previous page.

40 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

[snipped]

Gee, I wonder if it could be one of the 6 bazillion mods you have?

Like seriously your screenshot looks like what happens when you click on a fake download link when pirating.....

6 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

[snipped]

I saw, just poking fun at the fact that he's asking for support without first narrowing down the possibilities. Besides, he should be able to read the earlier posts too....

TL;DR:

Spoiler

2gO3XUH.gif

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.