[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

4 hours ago, Khatharr said:

Bug report - Minor - KSP 1.3.0 x64, latest KER from CKAN:

"Impact Time" in seconds appears to be off by a factor of 10 when parachuting.

I think it is more the fact that KER shows the "time to impact on current orbit" here and disregards deceleration from atmospheric drag and parachutes.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:47 PM, Galaxyfalcon said:

Is there a way to keep Kerbal Engineer (for building) but to remove the flight engineer icon + disable flight engineer? 

Two ways:

1. Change the settings to require the part to enable KER, place the part on the craft when building and remove it before flight.

2. Don't click the icon in flight. :P

10 hours ago, KerbMav said:

I think it is more the fact that KER shows the "time to impact on current orbit" here and disregards deceleration from atmospheric drag and parachutes.

Probably. Maybe it would be better to recolor the font or switch to a different prediction model when in atmo?

13 minutes ago, MaxPrime said:

pardon my noobness but is there a way to get an older version for 1.2.2?

if you go to the CurseForge repo linked in the first post and then click the "Files" tab, it will give you all the old versions of KER and tell you what version of KSP they are for

2 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

if you go to the CurseForge repo linked in the first post and then click the "Files" tab, it will give you all the old versions of KER and tell you what version of KSP they are for

thanks very much, just switched over from console and have no idea what im doing lol

Edited by MaxPrime

I have a suggestion... I haven't found any other mod that does this, and it seems like it'd fit in very well with how KER works.. and maybe it already does this and I can't find it?

anyway:  please let me see *actual numbers* for distance fore/aft and laterally, of the center of mass/center of lift/center of thrust.  Those ball things that stock has are ok, but I want to calculate things and compare between craft, I want to see *actual numbers*.  Would this be possible?

7 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

I have a suggestion... I haven't found any other mod that does this, and it seems like it'd fit in very well with how KER works.. and maybe it already does this and I can't find it?

anyway:  please let me see *actual numbers* for distance fore/aft and laterally, of the center of mass/center of lift/center of thrust.  Those ball things that stock has are ok, but I want to calculate things and compare between craft, I want to see *actual numbers*.  Would this be possible?

You could check out RCS bulls aid. That has an engine display that shows rotation from torque forces and which direction. Not the numbers you're requesting, but might serve the ultimate goal.

4 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

Already have that installed, and no it doesn't unfortunately.  I need to see how much, quantitatively, adding and removing certain parts shifts the center of mass...

Could be worth submitting as a feature request for that mod too. Double the chances it'll get done.

I have a minor issue with KER and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a fix:  I have a interplanetary mothership which relies on crossfeed through docking ports to reach over 10,000 m/s delta-V.   The problem is that KER is not displacing the correct delta-V in-flight.  Here is a picture of said vehicle:

YfqmdaC.png

The NERV engines are set to drink from the outermost Mk3 tanks first, then the inner Mk3 tanks and finally the Lf in the central stack.  I will undock each set of tanks as they are emptied.   The outermost tanks provide over 2000m/s of dV but KER is giving my current stage dV of 0.  The overall vehicle has something like 10,000 m/s dV.   It seems that what's tripping KER up is that the decouplers aren't staged so it has no way of knowing the total vehicle dV.  However, I don't understand why it's not giving me the correct numbers for the current stage.

Just now, captainb said:

I have a minor issue with KER and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a fix:  I have a interplanetary mothership which relies on crossfeed through docking ports to reach over 10,000 m/s delta-V.   The problem is that KER is not displacing the correct delta-V in-flight.  Here is a picture of said vehicle:

-snip-

The NERV engines are set to drink from the outermost Mk3 tanks first, then the inner Mk3 tanks and finally the Lf in the central stack.  I will undock each set of tanks as they are emptied.   The outermost tanks provide over 2000m/s of dV but KER is giving my current stage dV of 0.  The overall vehicle has something like 10,000 m/s dV.   It seems that what's tripping KER up is that the decouplers aren't staged so it has no way of knowing the total vehicle dV.  However, I don't understand why it's not giving me the correct numbers for the current stage.

How can KER possibly know how you're staging this? You have to activate staging on the decouplers and put them in the staging diagram so KER can analyse the vessel as it empties.

Just now, Three_Pounds said:

How can KER possibly know how you're staging this? You have to activate staging on the decouplers and put them in the staging diagram so KER can analyse the vessel as it empties.

I get why KER won't show me the dV for the whole vessel.  I'm mostly confused about why current stage says 0 instead of ~2000.  The NERV engines have access to over 20,000 units of LF.

Is the thing about showing actual numbers for CoM/CoL/CoT/etc difficult?  is there a hook in the code for that and it simply hasn't been done, or is this something that's actively being hidden from the API?  ... or am I the only one that wants this? lol...

1 hour ago, KerbMav said:

I never got my head around this - TWR in VAB with KER set to Minmus is somewhere around 3.3 - but in orbit around Kerbin it has measly 0.02 ... ?

The thrust-to-weight ratio of a rocket, or rocket-propelled vehicle, is an indicator of its acceleration expressed in multiples of gravitational acceleration g. Minmus has lower gravity then Kerbin, therefore a ship will have bigger TWR around Minmus, because it's value is expressed in multiples of gravitational acceleration of a local body..

On 8/8/2017 at 1:56 PM, captainb said:

I get why KER won't show me the dV for the whole vessel.  I'm mostly confused about why current stage says 0 instead of ~2000.  The NERV engines have access to over 20,000 units of LF.

In your pic the currently active stage has no active engines in it, so...

2 hours ago, DarkPraetor said:

I'm sorry but I don't know how to use this mod. When I launch the game it tells me "unsupported version... switch to 1.3".

I downloaded the 1.1.3.0 version while my game says v1.1.3.1298. Is that the cause of my problem?

KSP version 1.1.3 is quite old now (the latest is 1.3). With KSP it is important to make sure you are using versions of mods that were released for the major version of KSP you are using (KSP 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3) unless the mod is a pure parts or configuration mod - those "mostly" work OK across KSP versions. Most mods do not name their versions to match the version of KSP they work with so you will need to check the list of old versions on CurseForge, Spacedock or GitHub to find which version of the mod was for which version of KSP.

In the case of Kerbal Engineer go to the CurseForge files page and select the last version for KSP 1.1 (KER version 1.1.1.0 from April 2016)

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

KSP version 1.1.3 is quite old now (the latest is 1.3). With KSP it is important to make sure you are using versions of mods that were released for the major version of KSP you are using (KSP 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3) unless the mod is a pure parts or configuration mod - those "mostly" work OK across KSP versions. Most mods do not name their versions to match the version of KSP they work with so you will need to check the list of old versions on CurseForge, Spacedock or GitHub to find which version of the mod was for which version of KSP.

In the case of Kerbal Engineer go to the CurseForge files page and select the last version for KSP 1.1 (KER version 1.1.1.0 from April 2016)

Thanks for the reply!

After a quick google search found out that game doesn't auto-update (unless bought on Steam), so that's way I'm "a little" behind, lol.

I will work on it now... Thanks again!

Anyone had HUD dimension problems?

sdNZNf.png

https://imageshack.com/i/pnztgJK3p

It popped up after installing a Salyut Stations, Station Science Cont and some other mod, but also after I hadn't played for about a week. Removed and reinstalled K.E.R and problem still exists. Going to try removing the 3 mods 1 at a time, but wanted to post here proactively just in case there is an .ini file I can alter so I don't have to give up one of these mods and also to bring a possible mod conflict, to light.

I'll be back with more info.

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson

Sorry if this is a noobish question but howcome when I when I download the version of KER for KSP 1.3 it tells me that I have downloaded an unsupported version and need to install the version for 1.3 . I downloaded the most recent version of KER from here: https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-engineer-redux/files/2426222

This seems to happen with a lot of mods that show they're good for 1.3 then I get a pop up notification when I load Kerbal. Same thing happens to me with SVE.
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it's been like 3 weeks since my post about the wacky HUD dimensions, haven't been playing much. 

So, the horizontally crushed KER window happened after I had been off of KSP for a week and I downloaded Salyut Stations, Station Science Cont and Stockalike Station Parts expanded, like I said. Well I deleted those mods and the problem persisted while all 3 were uninstalled and then after I reinstalled those 3 plus uninstalling and reinstalling KER.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Is it weird that my GUIdisplaysize.xml is empty?

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.