[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

On 28/03/2018 at 5:23 AM, jrbudda said:

Got a screenshot? Also I've updated my fork several times, try again with whatever is the latest.

Speaking of forks, yours goes into "Kerbalengineer" and the original to "Kerbal Engineer" .. You see where this is going. 

Thanks jrbuddha for new fixes and additions. I don't think I am smart enough to play this game without KER. Cybutek done a masterpiece creating this mod. 

I look forward to see rendezvous stuff as I am about do a lot of that in my next KSP session. 

13 hours ago, jrbudda said:

I'm not sure what you mean, no.

If you unzip your fork into the gamedata folder which has the older version, you'll end up with two separate versions running at the same time. Unless/until you notice it and delete one of them. 

46 minutes ago, barleyman said:

If you unzip your fork into the gamedata folder which has the older version, you'll end up with two separate versions running at the same time. Unless/until you notice it and delete one of them. 

That's not really a reliable way to install mods.

People setup their GitHub repos in all sorts of weird ways (for instance, I never put the actual assemblies in the repos), so it's not surprising that there would be extra folders, files, etc... Just download the zip from the release page, it is setup correctly.

1 hour ago, barleyman said:

My releases are structured identically to cybuteks, there is no gamedata folder in the zip it all, you make your own.

52 minutes ago, jrbudda said:

My releases are structured identically to cybuteks, there is no gamedata folder in the zip it all, you make your own.

Sure there is.. Folder called "KerbalEngineer". I think the "Kerbal Engineer" folder is also actually yours, it came from the 1.1.4.0 file:

Album a/mCIGj will appear when post is submitted
Hmm, well no album appears but link works ok..
https://imgur.com/a/mCIGj
Edited by barleyman

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

That's not really a reliable way to install mods.

People setup their GitHub repos in all sorts of weird ways (for instance, I never put the actual assemblies in the repos), so it's not surprising that there would be extra folders, files, etc... Just download the zip from the release page, it is setup correctly.

Yeah and I'm not sure which folder name used in release(s) is the correct one. 

..Goes to check..

"Kerbalengineer" is what Cybutek uses in 1.1.3.0. So the latest 1.1.4.4 (okay, not latest anymore) is using correct folder, 1.1.4.0 had the wrong one. All fixed, nothing to see here. 

22 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

@cybutek Are you still maintaining this? If not can you simply state as such so someone can legitimately adopt this mod? I mean it would be nice if it was stock but...

Why all The stress? There is an unofficial Update that Works fine.

mods get updated when they get updated. 

Edited by Warezcrawler

2 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Why all The stress? There is an unofficial Update that Works fine.

mods get updated when they get updated. 

Sorry, I just jumped over from his AVC mod, and over there he says he doesn't have much time for keeping things up to date. (If I interpreted it right) 

Also the unofficial one is very badly broken for me, so I'm using the slightly buggy Official version

18 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Sorry, I just jumped over from his AVC mod, and over there he says he doesn't have much time for keeping things up to date. (If I interpreted it right) 

Also the unofficial one is very badly broken for me, so I'm using the slightly buggy Official version

Really? Maybe you should try sending error logs and stuff. Just might be that @jrbudda would look at it?

On 3/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, Kronus_Aerospace said:

The numbers KER shows are your position in your orbit around whatever planet you're at relative to the planet's orbit around Kerbol. So that's what you use to determine where in your orbit to do the transfer burn basically. To find when you are at the correct phase angle you either have to do it by hand and measure it out, or use a mod like Transfer Window Planner, which as of right now does not work for 1.4. Or, you could just eyeball it which works just fine if you have some wiggle room in your delta-V.

So it is "angle to prograde" or "angle to retrograde" but doesn't KER already have that someplace else?

The rendezvous readouts have one just called 'phase angle'. In my updated version of the mod I did change the logic so if you're orbiting kerbin and targeting, say, Eve, it will show the rendezvous data of eve vs kerbin, which is the phase angle you're looking for to do the escape burn.

On 3/30/2018 at 11:07 AM, barleyman said:

Option (c): you don’t notice but all goes well anyway, because you have adapted the sane habit of deleting the old mod folder before replacing it with the new one.

Blindly dumping new content into a mod folder (or even worse, gamedata) is not the most careful approach to start with. I would always visually inspect what you are replacing with what.

All my craft are showing a heading of 0.09721 degrees in KER when sitting on the launch pad. I'm not sure if this is a KER issue or if KER is correctly reporting a game issue.

Does anyone else see this?

4 hours ago, Tyko said:

All my craft are showing a heading of 0.09721 degrees in KER when sitting on the launch pad. I'm not sure if this is a KER issue or if KER is correctly reporting a game issue.

I think we all have something similar.... Don't believe it to be an issue at all. Probably a matter of the rocket not pointing exactly up, and maybe some roundings as well... Nothing to spend time on I think.

i can't get this to work and log says "Encoding name 'ks_c_5601-1987' not supported" and this is very likely i use korean version...if it isnt too much hassle can you fix this thanks  :D

4 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

I think we all have something similar.... Don't believe it to be an issue at all. Probably a matter of the rocket not pointing exactly up, and maybe some roundings as well... Nothing to spend time on I think.

It wasn't a problem in 1.3.1 or other previous builds...it's clearly a bug...I'm just trying to figure out if it's a KER reporting error or if KER is reporting an actual game issue.

15 hours ago, Tyko said:

What should it be? Does Mechjeb show the same thing? the heading calculation in KER was borrowed from Mechjeb. I tested a few vehicles and they all had non-zero headings on the pad of <2 degrees with both KER and Mechjeb agreeing. I guess I don't understand how this is an issue, heading isn't a valid calculation when pointed straight up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.