[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Downloaded KSP 1.4.2 this morning and found that the KSP 1.2.2 versions of KER and Bon Voyage cause it to crash before it has finished loading.  KAC works, though the buttons don't load.  Navball DPAI works fine, but gripes about old version.  Praying that jrbuddas' version of KE works, because 9/10s of my early ships have Engineer Chips.  7/10s of my later ships have BV antennae.  

Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, HalcyonSon said:

Downloaded KSP 1.4.2 this morning and found that the KSP 1.2.2 versions of KER and Bon Voyage cause it to crash before it has finished loading.  KAC works, though the buttons don't load.  Navball DPAI works fine, but gripes about old version.  Praying that jrbuddas' version of KE works, because 9/10s of my early ships have Engineer Chips.  7/10s of my later ships have BV antennae.  

Fingers crossed!

There is a fork update of KER that works.  Perhaps try that rather than noting that old versions don't especially 1.2.2!

But on a milder note... the issue of have the chips on is the reason I play 'partless'.  I try very hard to keep the game as stock part stockalike as possible.  One possibility is to remove everything from the mods except the part cfg mu and dds (png) files and the the game will run stock but keep the vessels in game.

Peace.

15 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

There is a fork update of KER that works.  Perhaps try that rather than noting that old versions don't especially 1.2.2!

But on a milder note... the issue of have the chips on is the reason I play 'partless'.  I try very hard to keep the game as stock part stockalike as possible.  One possibility is to remove everything from the mods except the part cfg mu and dds (png) files and the the game will run stock but keep the vessels in game.

Peace.

How about not jumping down my throat when I'm trying to get my game to work and in the process of thanking someone for updating a mod that he really didn't have to??  Yeesh.

Anyway, thank you jrbudda for updating this!  I've delayed updating to 1.3 and now 1.4 because I depend on KER and don't feel like learning to develop mods myself.  Your fork works great so far, though I'll admit I've only tested a couple small rockets.

Just now, HalcyonSon said:

How about not jumping down my throat when I'm trying to get my game to work and in the process of thanking someone for updating a mod that he really didn't have to??  Yeesh.

Anyway, thank you jrbudda for updating this!  I've delayed updating to 1.3 and now 1.4 because I depend on KER and don't feel like learning to develop mods myself.  Your fork works great so far, though I'll admit I've only tested a couple small rockets.

There's been a KER for 1.3.1 (and that mostly works for 1.4.X) for over a year now... but glad my build is working for you.

3 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Fantastic! Want me to open an issue with the request?

nah brah, i gotchu

143d4d56eacc4299a7d5951e37e34cf6.png

Works fine for vessel encounters. Encountering a SOI not so much, since it's using your original orbit patch before the SOI change, I might be able to change that. Would be nice to get the Pe of the target body in the next conic.

11 hours ago, HalcyonSon said:

Fingers crossed!

There is also the new version of BV :wink:

Be warned, that there are currently problems with loading vessels, which are slightly clipping into terrain. KSP 1.4 does scene switch quicker and sometimes causing unwanted flips and explosions. I'm working on a fix, but it still needs some debug time.

1 hour ago, maja said:

There is also the new version of BV :wink:

Be warned, that there are currently problems with loading vessels, which are slightly clipping into terrain. KSP 1.4 does scene switch quicker and sometimes causing unwanted flips and explosions. I'm working on a fix, but it still needs some debug time.

Have you looked at world stabilizer code? I'm not having flips since I installed that. (Might be a coincidence, but I think it's worth a look at.)

13 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Peace.

Pro tip: finish reading the post you’re replying to before you reply to it. 

53 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Have you looked at world stabilizer code? I'm not having flips since I installed that. (Might be a coincidence, but I think it's worth a look at.)

We are off topic here, but to answer your question, yes I looked at it and get inspiration from it, but world stabilizer does only translation, not rotation. I can rotate vessel, but it's overcorrecting. Clearly wrong quaternion for rotation. I just need to find the right position.

Edited by maja

5 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

@jrbudda Would it be possible to have angle of attack (AoA) as a HUD element? This is extremely useful info especially when cruising hypersonic at high altitudes. It is a part of the stock aero overlay, but that window is way too big:

5JPO5qz.png

You can just create or adjust your own hud. It easy and in game using the KER UI

2 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

You can just create or adjust your own hud. It easy and in game using the KER UI

As you might see from the screenshot I have several custom HUDs... There is however  no AoA element to choose

9 hours ago, Wallygator said:

@jrbudda Thanks dude!  You are very much appreciated by all the Kerbs in my current save!  Do you have a patron listing?

Going to try out the latest version now...

I do but it's not set up for KERhttps://www.patreon.com/jrbudda

7 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

@jrbudda Would it be possible to have angle of attack (AoA) as a HUD element? This is extremely useful info especially when cruising hypersonic at high altitudes. It is a part of the stock aero overlay, but that window is way too big:

Of course it's possible, however if I'm going to add one thing from the AeroGui I might as well add them all. I looked and it turns out the stock game doesn't calculate any of the AeroGui stuff unless the window is open, so I'd have to recreate the code. I'll put it on the todo list. Not sure if these should be Vessel readouts or a new Aero category.. hmm.

5 hours ago, jrbudda said:

I do but it's not set up for KERhttps://www.patreon.com/jrbudda

Of course it's possible, however if I'm going to add one thing from the AeroGui I might as well add them all. I looked and it turns out the stock game doesn't calculate any of the AeroGui stuff unless the window is open, so I'd have to recreate the code. I'll put it on the todo list. Not sure if these should be Vessel readouts or a new Aero category.. hmm.

If you are considering adding in further options to add to HUDs, I'd really like to have the resources available as a KER  HUD, nothing fancy, perhaps total values only.  Listing the resources in analways up in  HUD with KER styling would be marvelous!

Please consider this but if it is beyond the scope of KER say NAH and I'll happily move on.

Peace. 

Hi. Thank you for the work on KER. But since the update (today) I don't get dV readouts in the VAB with RSS. With stock KSP it's working fine. Can you tell me, what I'm doing wrong?

@jrbudda Thanks a lot for making this work on 1.4 ! After a quick try of 1.4 I'm going back to 1.3 for a bit longer as most of the mods I use are available now but some are still a bit glitchy. No complaints about KER though, it worked great the whole time, and the new readings are welcome.

That was a nice surprise to see KER 1.1.4.8 flagged for 1.3 on CKAN, however the toolbar button doesn't work for me in the tracking station and the VAB (didn't try other scenes TBH). It goes dark gray but that's all that happens. I tried from a clean KER install as well (deleted the KER folder and installed from CKAN) with no improvement. I switched back to 1.1.3 manually for now. Maybe it's just me, but if not it may be wise to refrain CKAN from updating KER on 1.3 for now.

Thanks for your support.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.