[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

On 19.4.2018 at 5:03 PM, simonh said:

The original KER hasn't been updated since May last year, but there's a fork that's being actively maintained and has 1.4.x compatibility here:

https://github.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/releases

The talented, heroic, ever popular developer jrbudda is active on this thread.

Simon Hibbs

Yay! Just what I was looking for - thx!!

On 4/21/2018 at 8:12 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

Great Kraken Attack. .-.

um.... Yeah this is beyond me. Your best bet is clicking everything until something fixes it.

Uh, yeah :/. Question: Where do I download the latest KER version? I can't seem to find it.

I have been looking around now and then for a long time in the setting files for changing color of the text in flight/map scenes. The current light hues makes hard to read, in my case the light clouds I have at Kerbin. I could always go with darker background options, I personally don't like this. I really like the transparent background. 

Anyone point me in right direction ? Or is not possible ?

On 4/23/2018 at 6:14 AM, peteletroll said:

@jrbudda, I found a KER bug some time ago - when and if you have time... :wink:

EDIT: and many, many thanks for taking care of KER!

Despite you not opening a github issue I looked into this anyway. It appears to be a bug in your .craft file, not KER. Detaching and reattaching the fuel tank make the dV calculate.

If this is not your experience I will need instructions on how to build a craft from scratch showing this bug .

Ok.. so really odd one here. It's been a while since i've jumped on KSP but thought with the new expansion i'd get back on. And just to be clear, verified my files in steam, fresh CKAN, installed a few minor cosmetic mods including KER

However have had huge issues with delta v... summed up with the below 3 screenshots (of my rescue, of my rescue, of my first mun landing... seriously think im going mad with not bringing enough delta-v!). 

Any idea guys? Basically the burn rate is hugely different between KER and KSP. 

Delta V Issues

Thanks in advance!
Edited by JackFromAus

@jrbudda request:

A readout that shows the altitude above "sea level" that is stationary or synchronous, should be inside "orbital".
To spare calculations this should only be calculated once at loading the save, for all planets and moons and put into an array / a table.

When using planet packs and/or rescaling this readout would be very helpful.

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

@jrbudda request:

A readout that shows the altitude above "sea level" that is stationary or synchronous, should be inside "orbital".
To spare calculations this should only be calculated once at loading the save, for all planets and moons and put into an array / a table.

When using planet packs and/or rescaling this readout would be very helpful.

I like it. I'm actually gonna put it in the 'Body' section since 'Orbital' is all about your ship's orbit. Will also look to see if there's other obvious things to put in Body that make sense. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.