[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

9 minutes ago, jrbudda said:

Just a quick question, how long does mods from these forum take to show on CKAN, once update? Is it like instant or does it take like 24hrs or some other amount? Just a curious question, since I am relatively new to using CKAN

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

Just a quick question, how long does mods from these forum take to show on CKAN, once update? Is it like instant or does it take like 24hrs or some other amount? Just a curious question, since I am relatively new to using CKAN

It is indeed something like 24 hours.

21 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

If I'm not mistaken, NETKAN checks for mod updates in as little as every 6 or 9 hours, so it can be faster.

Edited by Brigadier

16 hours ago, CranialRectosis said:

Loving the new look and feel.

I do miss the mach speed indicator in HUD2. Is it gone or am I just missing it in the editor?

Thanks for the mod and for the timely updates.

Running KER 1.1.5.4 and KSP 1.5.0.2332.

The readout still exists, I think I just removed it in the default config?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is the new version (1.1.5.4) compatible with 1.4.5?  

I didn't test it but see no reason why not.

@jrbudda Thanks for keeping this alive!

Feature request if you have time - Could you add a readout for Thrust to Mass Ratio? TWR works great around Kerbin, but if you're orbiting a small moon your TWR skyrockets because of the lower gravity. It doesn't really reflect the on-orbit acceleration capabilities of the craft.

19 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Feature request if you have time - Could you add a readout for Thrust to Mass Ratio? TWR works great around Kerbin, but if you're orbiting a small moon your TWR skyrockets because of the lower gravity. It doesn't really reflect the on-orbit acceleration capabilities of the craft.

The "Acceleration" entry shows thrust/mass ratio. 

Edited by peteletroll

So....one of my biggest issues with KSP is the garbage collection glitches that happen more and more as the game progresses. I HATE when this happens and it basically ruins KSP for me.

1.5 stays smoother for longer without KER and I love KER. What can be done to resolve this?

@jrbudda You know the landing marker that you added a while back? I’ve never actually used it, and I was wondering exactly what it did. Does it do the same thing as Trajectories (ie. does it predict your re-entry trajectory from orbit?)  or does it just show your landing point from closer up?

@jrbudda, have you seen this new mod?

I've been playing around with it and it has a lot of potential.  I think it's something planet makers have wanted for a long time, so I can see it catching on.  The only issue I have is that when we're orbiting a body with axial tilt, it would be preferable to have orbital elements provided in reference to the planet's equator.  KER currently does not do this.  Inclination, LAN, etc. is given in reference to the ecliptic.  Do you think providing orbital information in a geocentric-equatorial coordinate system would be a feature that could be added to KER?

From what I could see in my tests, it appears that the latitude/longitude in KER's surface display is working properly with Tilt'Em installed.

@jrbudda Two things:

A) BUG: The Editor collapse-to-right option for switching between compact and full mode shifts the windows to the right. It's not collapsing to the right and keeping the same position. Collapse-to-left works correctly. Seems like it thinks collapse-to-right means set new anchor point for the upper-left corner of the window to the location of the upper-right corner, then switch view. Version 1.1.5.4 of KER from your GitHub with v1.5.1 of KSP, no other mods other than MM and KSP-AVC, both latest.

B) REQUEST: Would it be possible to customize the columns in the Editor window's full mode? Compact has the most pertinent information, but I like quick access to the optional info/settings from full mode. I spend a lot of time in the SPH with aircraft, so the extra options are handy.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:45 PM, OhioBob said:

@jrbudda, have you seen this new mod?

I've been playing around with it and it has a lot of potential.  I think it's something planet makers have wanted for a long time, so I can see it catching on.  The only issue I have is that when we're orbiting a body with axial tilt, it would be preferable to have orbital elements provided in reference to the planet's equator.  KER currently does not do this.  Inclination, LAN, etc. is given in reference to the ecliptic.  Do you think providing orbital information in a geocentric-equatorial coordinate system would be a feature that could be added to KER?

From what I could see in my tests, it appears that the latitude/longitude in KER's surface display is working properly with Tilt'Em installed.

Yea I saw the post on reddit. Any idea how to actually get the planet's tilt to properly do that calculation? I imagine some other things in KER are broken by this.

18 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

@jrbudda Two things:

A) BUG: The Editor collapse-to-right option for switching between compact and full mode shifts the windows to the right. It's not collapsing to the right and keeping the same position. Collapse-to-left works correctly. Seems like it thinks collapse-to-right means set new anchor point for the upper-left corner of the window to the location of the upper-right corner, then switch view. Version 1.1.5.4 of KER from your GitHub with v1.5.1 of KSP, no other mods other than MM and KSP-AVC, both latest.

B) REQUEST: Would it be possible to customize the columns in the Editor window's full mode? Compact has the most pertinent information, but I like quick access to the optional info/settings from full mode. I spend a lot of time in the SPH with aircraft, so the extra options are handy.

A) ok. I will fix.

B) Customize how? order? show/hide? Different data?

8 minutes ago, jrbudda said:

Yea I saw the post on reddit. Any idea how to actually get the planet's tilt to properly do that calculation? I imagine some other things in KER are broken by this.

@Dagger is still trying to work some things out.  I think Tilt'Em is likely to go through some more changes before it's completely useable.  I have only the vaguest idea of how things work internally, so I can't help out all as far as coding it goes.  But if there is anything I can do to help out with the general mechanics of it, I'd be happy to do what I can.

When I ran my tests, I looked at just a couple of KER's displays.  I mainly focused on latitude/longitude on the surface display, and inclination/LAN on the orbit display.  The latitude and longitude appeared to be reading correctly.  For instance, if I put the satellite in orbit around the body's new (inclined) equator, I was reading 0 degrees latitude all the way around.  The inclination and LAN, however, were reading in relation to the ecliptic, not the equator.  The orbit data is not wrong, but it's not the preferred way of doing it for planetary orbits.  I didn't check any of KER's other features, so I can't say what else might be working or not working.

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Sometimes it happens that I build a vessel, where in VAB KER shows a higher TWR than on the launch pad.
I still don't know what could be the reason for that.

Probably mostly air pressure effects. Note the "atmosphere" button in the VAB? If I recall correctly, when that's not selected, you get data for vacuum conditions. If you are using an upper stage engine like the Terrier, there's a huge difference. For more usual first-stage engines, the effect is smaller, but still not zero. I think there might also be a small effect related to altitude; the launch pad is a little above sea level; not a lot, but some.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.