[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Oh, no, that is not the culprit. I'm not that noobish ... ;)

I know you aren't noobish at all, but even experts can occasionally overlook simple things.  (Been there, in areas where I count as an expert. :-(). Oh well; in that case, I guess I dunno. Sorry for the bum steer.

8 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Sometimes it happens that I build a vessel, where in VAB KER shows a higher TWR than on the launch pad.
I still don't know what could be the reason for that.

In my case that usually means that I changed the planet selection and forgot to revert to Kerbin.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:27 AM, Tacombel said:

In my case that usually means that I changed the planet selection and forgot to revert to Kerbin.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Same reply as above :sticktongue:

God don't know how many times I've built a vessel with a good TWR, gone to launch and.... BOOOOM. Oh, yeah, forgot that was set to Minmus gravity. :/

@cybutek A quick question, would it be possible, and would you be willing, should it not be too difficult an issue, to add a throttle setting to the Kerbal Engineer readouts? I'm looking for something that shows the exact percent that the throttle is set too, such as a KE readout showing my throttle is setting at 67%, versus looking at the throttle slider on the navball, and trying to guess what the throttle setting is. Completely understand if you don't want to do something like this, or if it'd be too much of a pain to do it for one person asking. Just thought I would ask, because I wouldn't know if I didn't.

16 hours ago, vardicd said:

@cybutek A quick question, would it be possible, and would you be willing, should it not be too difficult an issue, to add a throttle setting to the Kerbal Engineer readouts? I'm looking for something that shows the exact percent that the throttle is set too, such as a KE readout showing my throttle is setting at 67%, versus looking at the throttle slider on the navball, and trying to guess what the throttle setting is. Completely understand if you don't want to do something like this, or if it'd be too much of a pain to do it for one person asking. Just thought I would ask, because I wouldn't know if I didn't.

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@cybutek is no longer maintaining this mod. Ask @jrbudda instead.

And yes, this is a great suggestion!

@jrbudda  I redirect my question to you, since @RealKerbal3x says you are the current maintainer: Would it be possible, and would you be willing, should it not be too difficult an issue, to add a throttle setting to the Kerbal Engineer readouts? I'm looking for something that shows the exact percent that the throttle is set too, such as a KE readout showing my throttle is setting at 67%, versus looking at the throttle slider on the navball, and trying to guess what the throttle setting is. Completely understand if you don't want to do something like this, or if it'd be too much of a pain to do it for one person asking. Just thought I would ask, because I wouldn't know if I didn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion for a readout. Maybe there could be a buoyancy readout. It would be really useful for submarines, underwater launch vehicles, and ocean landers. I know, you could probably use HyperEdit to test it, but having a buoyancy readout is just a thing that is convinient, like the rest of Kerbal Engineer. Just a suggestion.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:12 AM, vardicd said:

@jrbudda  I redirect my question to you, since @RealKerbal3x says you are the current maintainer: Would it be possible, and would you be willing, should it not be too difficult an issue, to add a throttle setting to the Kerbal Engineer readouts? I'm looking for something that shows the exact percent that the throttle is set too, such as a KE readout showing my throttle is setting at 67%, versus looking at the throttle slider on the navball, and trying to guess what the throttle setting is. Completely understand if you don't want to do something like this, or if it'd be too much of a pain to do it for one person asking. Just thought I would ask, because I wouldn't know if I didn't.

ya no prob, i'll add it to the list.

On 11/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@jrbudda I never understood why in most cases KER does not recognize an encounter here:
v04OZV1.png

It happens very rarely that it shows an encounter ...

can you give me a good way to reproduce this? I'm relying entirely on the game to tell me about encounters so maybe the map is looking at different code than I am.

@jrbudda Fantastic mod!

It has just been confirmed by SQUAD that there will be dV readouts in 1.6, so do you think you'll remove the delta-V calculation from KER? (Of course, KER still has a lot of useful information that the stock readouts will not display, so it's not completely obsolete.)

The video that SQUAD posted, just for convenience:

NO NO NO...please don't remove DV from KER. It's a tested proven system and the custom displays are so much better. 

If someone likes the stock system better they can just use KER's excellent customization options to turn KER's readout off..no reason to quit work on something that's so great.

@RealKerbal3x you're not normally this optimistic about Squad's ability to get it right the first time  :) 

Edited by Tyko

58 minutes ago, Tyko said:

NO NO NO...please don't remove DV from KER. It's a tested proven system and the custom displays are so much better. 

If someone likes the stock system better they can just use KER's excellent customization options to turn KER's readout off..no reason to quit work on something that's so great.

@RealKerbal3x you're not normally this optimistic about Squad's ability to get it right the first time  :) 

Well I guess we’ll just have to see... but if SQUAD nails it, it’s up to @jrbudda to decide if dV should remain in KER.

There are no plans to remove anything from KER. Even from a technical standpoint the dV calculations are part of the KER Vessel Simulator which calculates much much more than just dV. Mass, thrust, RCS dV, all that good stuff comes out of the simulator.

If at some point in the future the stock calculations (which I am very curious to get a look at) cover 100% of KER calculations then I will remove the simulator for performance purposes and populate the readouts with stock values.

3 hours ago, jrbudda said:

There are no plans to remove anything from KER. Even from a technical standpoint the dV calculations are part of the KER Vessel Simulator which calculates much much more than just dV. Mass, thrust, RCS dV, all that good stuff comes out of the simulator.

If at some point in the future the stock calculations (which I am very curious to get a look at) cover 100% of KER calculations then I will remove the simulator for performance purposes and populate the readouts with stock values.

Thanks for the confirmation...KER is my one "Can't play without it" mod  :D 

1.6 is out, but so am I for the next week. Any updates from me will have to wait til after christmas. I verified that the existing release of KER loads fine, with the expected version warning. The dV readings in the VAB match, which is nice to see.

Please post any oddities or discrepancies you find with 1.6 and I will take a look at them next week.

Cheers and Happy Holidays

Is anyone else getting fuzzy HUD text during flight with the 1.6 version? Well, I am, and I've tried a couple of different resolutions and it persists. It's only the flight hud (apoapsis, etc.), all other text (including KER) looks just fine and crisp.

Edit: It's not unreadable, just a teeny, tiny bit out of focus.

Edited by Black-Two-

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, jrbudda said:

Does KER not show up under 'Compatible' in CKAN for anyone else? The .version file is correct, not sure why it shows under 'incompatible' with 1.6.xxx for me

Works fine for me, CKAN says the max. KSP version is 1.6.9.
Maybe you just need to hit the 'Refresh' button?^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.