[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

On 11/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@jrbudda I never understood why in most cases KER does not recognize an encounter here:
v04OZV1.png

It happens very rarely that it shows an encounter ...

I finally got some time to look into this. What it comes down to is bad wording on my part. In the code, and the description, I called those 3 readouts time-til/separation at/rel speed at 'closest approach', but decided to label them time/sep/speed at 'Encounter'. This was misleading. The readouts expose the data available when you hover over the approach markers. When you have a SOI transition, there are no approach markers (on the first orbit patch anyway) so no data.

I'm renaming those 3 readouts to 'At Approach' instead of 'Encounter' to better clarify. Providing data about the next 'Encounter' (meaning SOI transition) would have to be a different readout.

In the future I will look into extending the 'closest approach' readouts to look into the next orbit patch and pull the periapse and report that, but for now it'll remain N/A if there's a SOI transition.

One thing that really grinds my gears is that the impact marker is always enabled by default. Now, running around with a kerbal, it always shows the impact marker, and i can't enter the KER settings/toolbar because kerbals dont have a KER system

On 1/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, jonassm said:

One thing that really grinds my gears is that the impact marker is always enabled by default. Now, running around with a kerbal, it always shows the impact marker, and i can't enter the KER settings/toolbar because kerbals dont have a KER system

Wow, I had no idea. I will fix that.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

I'm having a small issue with KER on 1.6. If I'm using two stages with monopropellant engines it assumes that there is some kind of crossfeed, so it shows as the previous stage uses the whole monopropellant. The stock readings show the correct value. Is there a way to fix it?

Isn't monoprop a global drain?

7 minutes ago, jrbudda said:

I'm preeeeettty sure monoprop doesn't obey crossfeed rules on parts

Yup Just tested it. If you actually launch the monoprop ship there's nothing stopping you from just sitting there and burning all the monoprop with the first stage. It does prioritize the fuel tank in the same stage first, but you'd have to manually monitor the level and stage at the right moment for the stock dV values to be correct. KER and vanilla may differ, but both are right depending on your stage timing.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, crowsnose said:

I'm having some trouble with the format of KER, it's showing up clustered and weird. I have re-installed the mod multiple times to no avail. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

https://imgur.com/a/dtwGyji for reference

Guessing a bad install. Check for a nested GameData folder within your GameData folder - that might produce that kind of behavior. If not, we'll go from there.

If you're uninstalling with CKAN, be sure to remove the residual folder with the user settings from Gamedata before reinstalling KER.  This should fix the problem.

If you've heavily customised the HUD displays and want to keep them, there's a single user settings file you can copy back in after reinstalling.  Sadly, I'm not at my PC right now and can't for the life of me remember what it's called but it's fairly evident if you poke around in the KER folder.

8 hours ago, Friznit said:

If you're uninstalling with CKAN, be sure to remove the residual folder with the user settings from Gamedata before reinstalling KER.  This should fix the problem.

If you've heavily customised the HUD displays and want to keep them, there's a single user settings file you can copy back in after reinstalling.  Sadly, I'm not at my PC right now and can't for the life of me remember what it's called but it's fairly evident if you poke around in the KER folder.

This worked, thanks so much! I can actually get readable flight stats now!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Errol said:

@jrbuddaI think the dates on the recent github releases of this have the wrong year, they are listed as 2018....

From the Github releases page:

Kerbal Engineer Redux v1.1.5.7
1.1.5.7, 2018-1-14, KSP 1.6.1 #2401
Fix Impact Marker showing while on EVA and KER overlay isn't available due to career limitations.
<snip>

Kerbal Engineer Redux v1.1.5.6
jrbudda released this on Jan 8
1.1.5.6, 2018-1-8, KSP 1.6.0 #2395

<snip>

Yep just a typo on Github, I dont think it has any effect on the mod or downloading or CKAN.

The same typo is also in the CHANGES.txt file. but again should not effect the mod or downloading.

Edited by BlackHat

45 minutes ago, jrbudda said:

How utterly embarrassing.

Don't be harsh on yourself, such things happens when you are using copy-paste-edit workflow. IIRC, only version number or better said version number inside filename confuse sometimes CKAN bot when it is sorted as string and not recognize latest version as last one if it is on wrong place on filename list. Otherwise you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.

Kerbal Engineer's biome readout is reporting the "name" of the biome and not the "displayname", which means any biomes that have names "Biome1, Biome2, Biome3 etc" shows up on KER, whereas it should be using the displayname.

This help for localisation in mods, specifically planet mods. Without using displayName, localisation of biome names is impossible. Would it be possible to update KER to use biome displayNames?

Edited by Gameslinx

• 3 weeks later...

Help!
My KER UI is acting weird and I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. When I go to an active vessel the Maneuver and Landing sections are somehow minimized, and I cant resize them. All the stuff is still there, it's just not showing. I have tried deleting and adding it in again, and even making a new custom section to copy the Maneuver stuff but nothing makes any difference. Whats weird is that the rest of the sections (Orbit, Rendezvous etc) seems to behave correctly.I've also tried reinstalling KER completely, and deleting the Settings folder but to no avail.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/KzCbU8A

2 hours ago, jeppeppe said:

Help!
My KER UI is acting weird and I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. When I go to an active vessel the Maneuver and Landing sections are somehow minimized, and I cant resize them. All the stuff is still there, it's just not showing. I have tried deleting and adding it in again, and even making a new custom section to copy the Maneuver stuff but nothing makes any difference. Whats weird is that the rest of the sections (Orbit, Rendezvous etc) seems to behave correctly.I've also tried reinstalling KER completely, and deleting the Settings folder but to no avail.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/KzCbU8A

The Maneuver section data won't show unless you've got a maneuver node for the current craft plotted. Similarly, the Landing data won't show up unless you're on a course to impact whatever body you're orbiting. Not bugs - features.

Now, if you've got that behavior and you've either got a maneuver ready or are getting ready to land, that's going to be a different story. Let us know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.