[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Here is the output from a -logfile filename.log which has a little more information here. Sorry for it being on bpaste but it was too long for the forums. Seems its dying at compiling Engineer7500/part/Engineer7500 I wonder if taking that out all together would help, might cause other errors.

Hello.

I just installed the mod and I can't seem to get it working. Yes, I'm new and I might have overseen something very simple but.. The engineer folder is in game data one. I start up game, start up a rocket and place chip on rocket. Here is the part I don't get to work, there is no window or anything popping up with the numbers. No nothing. The chip is on the rocket but there is nothing more going on. Anyone that has seen this before? Or might know how I might fix this issue?

Author of the original Kiocoit Engineer. I might come back to this at some point. But until then I fully endorse this mod in my place. If you ever want to drop the redux let me know and we'll work something out.

If you guys, the original author and the new author, really want to get collaborating on this why not just add it to github?

If you guys, the original author and the new author, really want to get collaborating on this why not just add it to github?

yea - this mod needs some luvin. I had to drop it out of my current install because of lag and hard crashes it was causing. Didn't show me any data half the time. Would love if it would receive some maintenance, but as I understand it the Redux author, cybutek, has gotten busy with work and developing his own game.

I have this problem sometimes too. My understanding it that it happens when you use multiple docking ports between stages.

Even without docking ports on my crafts. KER doesn't seem to want to calculate delta-v. And the same data is stuck in the window regardless of what vehicle I load into the VAB/SPH. And it persists through relaunching the game. I think removing the plugindata resets the plugin, but it gets stuck on the first craft I load again.

It could be related to the runonce plugin bug. Because I am using Node Select, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Editor Extensions, TAC Fuel Balancer, KSPX, Docking Port Alignment, KW Rocketry, and ScaledSpaceDumper.

There is bound to be something conflicting in there. I just hope cybutek does at the very least, a bugfix update after .22 is released. I know he has other obligations, but it would be nice of him. I haven't played much KSP since KER broke on me, I love it to death; if there was one mod that I would keep, it would be KER.

Edited by KrazyKrl

Sorry for spamming the thread with problems, but I've got kind of a big one.

When I'm building a craft, ass soon as I click on any Engineer part, the "naming box" disappears, and the engineer window appears empty , when I go on to flight mode, everything works perfectly.I have lots of mods, but it seems to be an engineer-related problem.

Looks like a very odd bug. Sounds as if it is a window ID conflict. Does it happen after a restart? Because the current way Engineer window ID's are set is a random number between 0 and 2,147,483,647, it is still possible (very small) it may pick a number that is in use. Does it happen even when all other mods are disabled? Does it happen when all you have is a simple command pod, not a really complex 1,000 part monster? Is the problem a conflict associated to a particular part that is already on the vessel perhaps?

Sorry for all the questions but bug tracking is very hard when it's not something that everyone experiences equally :D

Making the Kerbal Engineer part available from the beginning of career mode is not difficult if you compare the config files of the Squad part files and the Engineer part files. I think there are two lines to add.

I guess it is cheating, but I like numbers.

Looks like a very odd bug. Sounds as if it is a window ID conflict. Does it happen after a restart? Because the current way Engineer window ID's are set is a random number between 0 and 2,147,483,647, it is still possible (very small) it may pick a number that is in use. Does it happen even when all other mods are disabled? Does it happen when all you have is a simple command pod, not a really complex 1,000 part monster? Is the problem a conflict associated to a particular part that is already on the vessel perhaps?

Sorry for all the questions but bug tracking is very hard when it's not something that everyone experiences equally :D

I've restarted many times, and the problem persists. It happens to any part I attach it, and I only have about two more plugins.

It worked perfectly for a long time with those parts, but one day it suddently started bugging on me, without any .cfg edits if that's important.

I'd post a screenshot, but imgur is being a b*tch to me, and it won't load or display images. :)

If someone could explain to a noob like myself as to how to do it, I'd happily do that - I've become quite dependent on the numbers to be honest...

Add these two lines to the part files to get them working in 0.22.

TechRequired = start

entryCost = 0

This is the Engineer7500 part file with the lines inserted:

PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = Engineer7500
module = Part
author = CYBUTEK (Code) || Keptin (Part)

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
texture = model000.mbm
rescaleFactor = 0.8

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = start
entryCost = 0
cost = 500
category = Science
subcategory = 0
title = ER-7500 Computer Flight Unit
manufacturer = CYBUTEK Solutions Ltd.
description = The ER-7500 goes back to roots with the Kerbal Engineering System. It combines the Build Engineer and Flight Engineer into a single unit, using the latest in magnetic tape technology. This unit has been proven to be at least 1x10^-5 times faster than a standard hard drive.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.000001
dragModelType = override
maximum_drag = 0
minimum_drag = 0
angularDrag = 0
crashTolerance = 15
maxTemp = 3400

MODULE
{
name = TapeDriveAnimator

useBakedAnimation = false

minReelSpeed = -30
maxReelSpeed = 30
speedStopZone = 10
speedDeadZone = 2.5
speedChangeAmount = 30
minRepeatTime = 1
maxRepeatTime = 6
repeatTimeDenominator = 8

reel1 = geo_reel1
reel2 = geo_reel2
reel1SpeedRatio = 1
reel2SpeedRatio = 0.75

lights1 = geo_buttonSet1
lights2 = geo_buttonSet2
lights3 = geo_buttonSet3
lights4 = geo_buttonSet4
lights5 = geo_buttonSet5
lights6 = geo_buttonSet6

lights1Speed = 0
lights2Speed = -2.5
lights3Speed = 2.5
lights4Speed = 10
lights5Speed = -15
lights6Speed = 17.5
}

MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}

// ----- DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT ------
}

}

You may have to go to the research center to activate the part.

Edited by Gus

Regarding the parts: There is a mod out there (see link below) that adds KE functionality to every pod and probe - which nails too moons with one rocket really, less parts on the craft/in memory and presumably compatibility if nothing else changed but for the new entries in part files.

snip

Try using Module Manager with

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/21-x-engineer-redux-stock-pods/

to see if it works without the parts.

Make a copy of the whole game, delete all mods but Engineer, start a new save and look what happens.

Might be a new/updated mod conflicting.

Edited by KerbMav

Does it still work on 0.22? I was expecting it to not work at all, which is the norm after an update.

I'm going to have a look over and re-compile with the latest libraries tomorrow anyway. :)

It works, but I'm unsure where it comes into career.

I seem to be having issues with it. When I launch reached the launchpad, I saw the UI which allowed me to select between Orbital, surface, etc. When I selected Surface the UI flashed and became a small grey horizontal bar which no functionality. :( I needs my Engineer D:

I'm gonna try it out once I get home from school.

Nothing too important today. Two hours of "This is an apple" and "is this an apple?", two hours of second world war (which I know from memory thanks to NatGeo), and an hour of "learning" to use MS excel. Besides, I can take my laptop to school and play in recess time! :D

I've no idea what bugs anyone is getting... I cannot recreate any of them. It works perfectly fine for me and is available right from the start in career and no problems with any of the displays. I need a bit more information than "it just don't work" please.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.