[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Huh?

I didn't. I just downloaded the master branch, all necessary files had actual dates, so ...

Oh right, the output folder is on there, yea don't do that. I had a lot of debugging code still in there and a lot of it wasn't finished. I thought your issue with the impact biome was from the 1.1.5.2 release.

Hi @jrbudda!

I've been reading through the last couple pages of this thread and your additions to KER look great, however I'm mainly playing RSS/RO on 1.3.1, and I've tried dumping your latest release (v.1.1.5.2) in my install, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work properly (I assume because it's been compiled against 1.4.3. I knew that going in but I figured I'd still give it a shot).

I'd love to be able to play with your version of the mod, and especially your fixes with regards to RealFuels are something I've been longing for. Us RSS/RO players could really use that.

Any way you could make a 1.3.1 compatible version?

Thanks!

@maja Well, it mostly depends the way the dev is working it out.

• Some dev repos only have a few configs in them.
  • Some have a working dll in them.
  • Some are confusing like hell.

I'm just trying to find out which way one's Github is ... ^_^

Edited by Gordon Dry
I just reverted to 1.1.5.2

8 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@maja Well, it mostly depends the way the dev is working it out.

• Some dev repos only have a few configs in them.
  • Some have a working dll in them.
  • Some are confusing like hell.

I'm just trying to find out which way one's Github is ... ^_^

The dlls in the output folder are just the compiled version of the code in the latest commit, it comes with no guarantee to be working, or even load. Since my last update I've actually re-written the suicide burn calculation again because I wasnt happy with the accuracy for burns over a minute long. It now uses a more intensive, iterative solver approach which should be very better once I get the kinks worked out. Then I need to re-visit the impact detection because if your Pe is above sea level its very possible to 'miss' a high spot of terrain if your orbit 'clips' through it. I think I'm going to have to bring raycasting into it somehow, at least for very short distances from the ship. That's my guess what was happening in your biome bug situation.

I would like to know how to use KER for doing a suicide burn. I want to know how to see when I need to start burning. I have no idea where to find it so can you specify where I can click to find the information. Thanks

Thanks for responding. Another question. Why is it so hard to get the numbers right for my burn. Its alwase changing and I cant concentrate on 2 at once. Is there an easier way. Or better yet acan it tell me when to start with a beep or something?

Another option is to use Better Burn Time. It presents a small display next to the Navball that gives you countdown clocks for maneuver nodes, rendezvous and landing - it switches automatically depending on your situation. I use it and have found that the estimated times are very conservative giving you lots of room for error.

10 hours ago, Bodie said:

Its alwase changing and I cant concentrate on 2 at once. Is there an easier way.

You should be able to custumize KER display, and have the 2 numbers interesting you right next to each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 1:02 PM, Vermoot said:

Hi @jrbudda!

I've been reading through the last couple pages of this thread and your additions to KER look great, however I'm mainly playing RSS/RO on 1.3.1, and I've tried dumping your latest release (v.1.1.5.2) in my install, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work properly (I assume because it's been compiled against 1.4.3. I knew that going in but I figured I'd still give it a shot).

I'd love to be able to play with your version of the mod, and especially your fixes with regards to RealFuels are something I've been longing for. Us RSS/RO players could really use that.

Thanks!

I would like to second this. There is quite a huge player base stuck in 1.3.1 missing out on the new features.

-1.3.1 is most likely THE final version for a lot of heavily modded savegames (in a very long foreseeable future to come)

Edited by SkyKaptn

I am probably really bad and just missing the option however, I like all my mods on Blizzy's toolbar and I have all my other mods set to show in blizzy's  but I cant find the option to get Kerbal engineer to show in blizzy's. Can someone point out to me where the option to show kerbal engineer on blizzys and not the stock toolbar?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I took a little break from working on KER and have totally forgotten what I was doing in the interim. I've fixed up the build and the suicide burn / impact calculations seem to be working.  I see no conflicts with 1.4.4 or 1.4.5.

I'd like to put out a beta version for testing before updating to CKAN and AVC. I've uploaded it here https://github.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/issues/22

Please let me know if something is amiss. 

• 2 weeks later...

@TheAngryHulk Most of the KER windows can be resized. In the VAB open KER and select the Settings button at the top. GUI size is one of the settings.  There is also a GUI tool that can be added to any of the displays in the Misc section of options.  

@jrbuddaHaving said that: the Build Engineer Overlay that shows Vessel and Resources at the bottom left of the VAB/SPH screen does not rescale. I have problems with this as well. I use a 4K monitor running KSP at 3840x2160 and the KSP GUI at 140%. Besides being incredibly tiny text the Build Overlay displays are too far to the left obscuring the Snap mode indicator. It would be nice if these either had gui size and position controls or scaled size and position with the KSP GUI settings.

Edit: KSP 1.4.5, KER 1.1.5.3 installed from CKAN

Edited by Tonka Crash

On 6/19/2018 at 7:02 AM, Vermoot said:

Hi @jrbudda!

Thanks!

Having all these improvements in a new KER release for KSP 1.3.1 would be fantastic.  It's probably going to be a while before RSS/RO/RP0 users reach KSP 1.4.x.

I generally prefer KER HUDs to MechJeb HUDs because they are easier to read, but the KER in-flight Δv readouts being broken with RealFuels has forced me back to MechJeb.  :(

Would this just be a recompile, or would it require actual code changes?  I won't beg if it requires code changes.  :)

Edited by RoboRay

44 minutes ago, EndTraveler said:

no version of this is working on sandbox 1.4.5

You'll need to be a little more descriptive.  What's not working - no windows in the VAB or on the Launch Pad?  Incorrect values??

Which version of KER are you running?  A link to your output_log.txt or KSP.txt file, and a screenshot of your GameData directory would be helpful.

Something's not right with your install since it works for me in KSP 1.4.5.  Not saying it's not working for you, but, all else being equal, it appears your installation is borked.

Edited by Brigadier

25 minutes ago, JH4C said:

Talking about the Resources and Vessel tabs in the VAB, is there any way to move these? I'm sure i've looked at every setting, and tried every permutation of modifier key and mouse click/drag...

In 'GameData/KerbalEngineer/Settings/BuildOverlay.xml', the last entry:

<SettingItem>
    <Name>vesselWindowX</Name>
    <Value xsi:type="float">330</Value>
  </SettingItem>

You can edit this value in order to move both windows sideways (AFAIK you cannot move them separate). A higher values moves them to the right, a lower value to the left.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.