[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Tiny request: "Name" field in Vessel group. I frequently launch multiple interplanetary ships that all look similar, so being able to put the ship Name somewhere would keep me from going insane while switching between them.

Someone has already submitted a pull request that adds a name readout. The next update will probably include it.

*someone* :)

It does seem a bit out of place to have a static name readout amongst all of the diagnostics but I guess it's useful?

Edited by Ant P

*someone* :)

It does seem a bit out of place to have a static name readout amongst all of the diagnostics but I guess it's useful?

Hehe, sorry, I couldn't remember who it was. Several people have asked for it and it is easy to see that it could be useful. Thanks for that and for your comments about the slow time function probably being responsible for #55.

I noticed a small bug. The time specific items on the rendezvous menu like orbital period, time to apo, time to dn node etc. They are all set to show the time in Earth units. My game is definately set to show Kerbin time and all the other menus show Kerbin time as they should.

It doesnt matter too much, but its a small glitch

I noticed a small bug. The time specific items on the rendezvous menu like orbital period, time to apo, time to dn node etc. They are all set to show the time in Earth units. My game is definately set to show Kerbin time and all the other menus show Kerbin time as they should.

It doesnt matter too much, but its a small glitch

Yes, it can be changed in the settings section of the build engineer window (in VAB or SPH). Yes, it should really use the main game option rather than having its own, this may be fixed at some point...

Yes, it can be changed in the settings section of the build engineer window (in VAB or SPH). Yes, it should really use the main game option rather than having its own, this may be fixed at some point...

Where's that setting? I'm not sure what button that would be in the settings section (using 1.0.18).

This mod doesn't really work on linux mint.

Reverting the flight couses the game to crush, also reentry causes frame rate to drop down to 5.

This is unlikely to be directly caused by KER though there are a few issues with some of the newer readouts that can cause lag. The time to atmosphere readout can result in log spam and slowdowns and some of the other time readouts can also use more cpu than they should. These issues have been fixed for the next update but we can probably suggest config changes that will mitigate them if you can supply a player.log and screen shots showing your KER windows.

I for my part have no problems using 1.0.4-KER with 1.0.5

The only thing is, tghat a warning is given at the start of KSP, that KER war made for 1.0.4 ... but that comes expected of course ... aside from this, no problems so far

It hasn't been updated for 1.0.5 yet. The current version doesn't seem to handle jet engines or crossfeed-enabled decouplers well, I'd imagine they're working on a new release.

Thank goodness it wasn't just me. Phew! Just came in to check if this was something others had problems with.

It is nice to give mod devs their own time. Not everyone can take time off work and they don't pick Squad's release dates! We haven't had a full weekend yet for modding shenanigans.

Peace.

I can't bring myself to start the game without KER. I mean what am I s'posed to do, calculate my dv by hand?? I'm not a caveman.

Can't thank you enough for maintaining this cybutek.

Same, but I think KER breaks buttons in VAB/SPH. Happened to me a few times after I updated to 1.0.5. Like if there was an invisible KER window covering the whole screen and game UI. Simply can't click on things.

Reinstall might work, but that's something I'm going to do tomorrow.

I can't bring myself to start the game without KER. I mean what am I s'posed to do, calculate my dv by hand?? I'm not a caveman.

Can't thank you enough for maintaining this cybutek.

MechJeb, MUAHAHAHA RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Joking aside, MechJeb can work as a substitute for deltaV, but yeah, I know it doesn't have the features KER does. Information wise, there is a great deal of overlap.

MechJeb, MUAHAHAHA RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Joking aside, MechJeb can work as a substitute for deltaV, but yeah, I know it doesn't have the features KER does. Information wise, there is a great deal of overlap.

New jet engines are not readable both by Mechjeb or KER, so for (space)plane is pretty useless, BUT I noticed that any (jet) engine that uses Firespitter are correctly read, at least to KER (not tested with MechJeb)...

... any extra data from KER is actually working as always

Haven't played with Kerbal Engineer since 0.90.

Man, I am LOVING the little readouts on the top of the screen that tell me my orbital info and surface info. Is there any way to get a vessel info mini-display on the lower left, between the navball and the docking controls, if there's an engineer on board? Just to save clutter.

Haven't played with Kerbal Engineer since 0.90.

Man, I am LOVING the little readouts on the top of the screen that tell me my orbital info and surface info. Is there any way to get a vessel info mini-display on the lower left, between the navball and the docking controls, if there's an engineer on board? Just to save clutter.

You can make your own custom HUDs with whatever info you'd like, click the KER button in the toolbar. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.