[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

[quote name='Zwer.ch']Yeah, 1.0.5 update would be highly appreciated :D[/QUOTE]

Asking won't make it come out quicker. These are people with lives outside of KSP, are probably aware of reported bugs, and are probably putting as much time as they can into it. It'll be out when it will be out.

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']Cybutek/Padishar: Just a note when you're updating for 1.0.5: The default keybind for mouselook is now backslash and does not appear to be remappable. Might be a good idea to use another key as default for show/hide KER.[/QUOTE]

A series of key-binding related changes has already been made for the next version...

I am running the dev build 1.0.19.1 what happened to the \=hotkey to show/hide the interface????

oops forgive me I guess I should have read the thread directly above mine. lol. Okay so squad has hijacked the \-key for mouselook. ic. Edited by ctbram

[quote name='ctbram']I am running the dev build 1.0.19.1 what happened to the \=hotkey to show/hide the interface????[/QUOTE]

There's a whole interface devoted to key binding in 1.0.19.x that can be accessed via an option under the 'Settings' button on the Build Engineer in the editor. Because of the above issue where the backslash as been hijacked, I have felt it fit to leave the key-binds unbound as the default, so must be manually set. This will be until a decent alternative default binding is decided upon. Edited by cybutek

[quote name='iospace']Asking won't make it come out quicker. These are people with lives outside of KSP, are probably aware of reported bugs, and are probably putting as much time as they can into it. It'll be out when it will be out.[/QUOTE]

It's not your obligation to tell people not to ask him to update. If cybutek wouldn't want these posts he would write that in the thread.

btw, I haven't noticed any problems yet with KER, so yea 1.0.5 update would be cool but not rush ^^

Since the release of 1.0.5 I have come to realize just how much I depend on KER(a Mun rocket that had to be 'pushed' from a periapps of > 500km down to ~55km and another mun rocket that did not have enough fuel to get back to munar orbit, followed by a Minmus rocket that performed several biome hops and eventually landed on kerbin with hundreds of m/s left after thrusting all the way down from orbit)

As such I would like to thank Padishar for all his efforts on this mod.
(and I'm refreshing my ckan listing before and after every play session, I really miss those TWR and d-v readouts)

[quote name='Ghosty141']It's not your obligation to tell people not to ask him to update. If cybutek wouldn't want these posts he would write that in the thread.

btw, I haven't noticed any problems yet with KER, so yea 1.0.5 update would be cool but not rush ^^[/QUOTE]

He was just trying to tell zwer.ch to be patient.

[quote name='Terwin']Since the release of 1.0.5 I have come to realize just how much I depend on KER[/QUOTE]
I'd say it's nearly impossible to play without KER unless you have a bunch of spare time and enthusiasm to manually perform all those calculations.

[quote name='ObsessedWithKSP']You could always install it manually. There's a dev build availble from Github.[/QUOTE]
For some reason the dev build doesn't work for me. It even doesn't show a toolbar button (I've downloaded the fresh dll and replaced it in the current build).
How could you get it to work?

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']Cybutek/Padishar: Just a note when you're updating for 1.0.5: The default keybind for mouselook is now backslash and does not appear to be remappable. Might be a good idea to use another key as default for show/hide KER.[/QUOTE]

That really s****, I liked the keys for it.

[quote name='ObsessedWithKSP']I haven't yet. I haven't even played 1.0.5, probably never will as once all my preferred mods are updated, chances are 1.1 will drop. I just know there's a dev build because of comments earlier up this page.[/QUOTE]
I think the sole fact that they've decided to release 1.0.5 could mean that we have a pair of months more to wait for 1.1. Enough time to get to the middle of one more campaign :)

[quote name='Ser']I think the sole fact that they've decided to release 1.0.5 could mean that we have a pair of months more to wait for 1.1. Enough time to get to the middle of one more campaign :)[/QUOTE]

My campaigns are typically "Max out the tech tree" followed by "carry on the previous campaign now that everything in unlocked in both and the older one is more advanced"

[quote name='Ser']...could mean that we have a pair of months more to wait for 1.1...[/QUOTE]

They've said a couple of times that they're hoping for 1.1 before Christmas. In my head, this means the 24th December, because I know what it's like to work in software development :D (Also, didn't we get a near-xmas release last year? I feel like it was either 0.25 or 0.90 that was right in the middle of the festive season...)

Even after 1.1 is released, there may be a longer lag than usual before all your favorite mods get released for it, since this will be an engine change. Personally, I'm planning to keep a separate 1.0.5 install outside of Steam, so that I may keep playing during that lag period, without worrying about how soon that Favorite Mod X will get released or bugfixed.

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']You can turn off the mouselook feature altogether in the game settings, I'd imagine that then you could map KER back to backslash without issue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that is some nice information.

[quote name='Thegamer211']Agreed, I can't build working rockets without KER. (Unless I make them very overpowered which I don't like)[/QUOTE]

They're not overpowered Mun rockets.... they're test vessels for the subsequent Ike+Duna mission! (i.e. yes, when you're landing with a half-tank of fuel plus an entire top stage, you feel kinda stupid).

[quote name='ObsessedWithKSP']You could always install it manually. There's a dev build availble from Github.[/QUOTE]

Where's the dev build? There is the download on [url]https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer[/url] , but it's uncompiled and I don't know how to compile it.

[quote name='smjjames']Where's the dev build? There is the download on [URL]https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer[/URL] , but it's uncompiled and I don't know how to compile it.[/QUOTE]
If you click harder: [URL]https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer/tree/master/Output/KerbalEngineer[/URL]

[quote name='FancyMouse']If you click harder: [URL]https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer/tree/master/Output/KerbalEngineer[/URL][/QUOTE]

I accidentially created a branch trying to figure out how I'm supposed to download from there, lol. I did remove the branch I accidentially made. I think it was empty anyway. Edited by smjjames

[quote name='Waz']They're not overpowered Mun rockets.... they're test vessels for the subsequent Ike+Duna mission! (i.e. yes, when you're landing with a half-tank of fuel plus an entire top stage, you feel kinda stupid).[/QUOTE]

That's not stupid, that's "safety margin."

Tried to not just replace the dll but to download the whole Output from Github and to replace everything with it. And it works now. That's a mystery. Edited by Ser

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.