[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

I'm not sure if KER is the cause, but changing scene (e.g. going to Mission control) after a mission with KER parts causes a bug where you can't click any of buttons. In Mission control, the scene keeps switching between KSC and Mission Control UI.

This has happened only when the craft contained the KER part.

2 hours ago, ramana said:

I'm not sure if KER is the cause, but changing scene (e.g. going to Mission control) after a mission with KER parts causes a bug where you can't click any of buttons. In Mission control, the scene keeps switching between KSC and Mission Control UI.

This has happened only when the craft contained the KER part.

Any chance you can upload an output_log.txt or player.log file and link it here?  (Instructions on how to find the relevant file can be found in the sticky threads in the support sub-forums).

Also, do you have any other mods installed?

It seems to me (KSP 1.1 64 Bit, newest version of KER) like there is a glitch in the TWR calculation when I adjust thrust and fuel for SRBs.

Lowering the thrust for the SRBs actually (according to the display in KER in the VAB) results in a higher TWR ... and lowering the fuel for my SRBs results in a lower TWR

(as if KER mistakes thrust and fuel percentages with each other)

Disregard everything written in the upper part of the posting ... for some reason (maybe sleepiness) I looked at the wrong stage (the second stage instead of the first one),. which, of course, gets affected in the way I mentioned, when the thrust limiters and fuel of the SRBs in the first stage are changed

Edited by Godot
My fault ... faulty observations

7 hours ago, Padishar said:

Any chance you can upload an output_log.txt or player.log file and link it here?  (Instructions on how to find the relevant file can be found in the sticky threads in the support sub-forums).

Also, do you have any other mods installed?

Here's a link to my output_log: https://www.This website cannot be used on these forums/?3axvrep0rx9zsa2.

I havent had the bug in a while though!

I do have other mods installed: RemoteTech, USI-LS, Mechjeb, Contract Configurator + Contract Packs, Unmanned before Manned, Better Burn Time, KW Rocketry, PlanetShine, RCS Build Aid, RealPlume, and GC Monitor.

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure KER is the culprit, but it is similar to the bug here: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8844, where the OP's only mod is KER.

1 hour ago, ramana said:

Mediafire links are not allowed on this forum due to often including highly inappropriate ads.  You would need to pick a different file host.

However, if you have restarted the game since you last had the problem (I assume so) then the important log will have been overwritten so there isn't much point in posting it.  The next time you see the issue please quit the game and immediately upload the log file before restarting the game (or, at least, copy it away somewhere first if you want to try repeating the bug or can't upload it straight away for some other reason).

Anyone having trouble getting the mobile processing lab  working. I have one in space with a chip on it, the science is full but when I transmit the data I don't get the science. The transmission completes and everything but no science. I tried disabling the mod for testing but it deletes all of my ships including the lab

41 minutes ago, wuping said:

Anyone having trouble getting the mobile processing lab  working. I have one in space with a chip on it, the science is full but when I transmit the data I don't get the science. The transmission completes and everything but no science. I tried disabling the mod for testing but it deletes all of my ships including the lab

Welcome to the forum...

I find it hard to believe this could be anything to do with KER but it really is impossible to tell without more information.  Please see the "How to get support" sticky thread in the Support sub-forum for modded installs for instructions on what you can do yourself and what you need to provide for others to be able to help (e.g. logs, save file etc.).

KSP x64 build id = 01230

KerbalEngineer v1.1.0.2
KSP-AVC v1.1.6.1
ModuleManager.2.6.22 v2.6.22.0

New Carrear
A. Enter in SPH load any stock craft > Launch
triger NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

B. Enter in VAB load any stock craft > Launch
triger NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This is hapen 100% all the time when any craft is lauch to pad or runway

logs with multiple triger NRE done:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3RmRDTjBfQS1laHM/view?usp=sharing

o7

Minor problem with procedural fairings. It is not playing well with KER in the same way that the heatshields were initially in 1.1. It doesn't seem to recognize any decouplers above the fairing base. Xposted from the procedural fairings page.

3 hours ago, Blacks said:

This is hapen 100% all the time when any craft is lauch to pad or runway

It looks like the fix for the disabled button state in career mode isn't allowing for the fact that the Update function is being called before the AppLauncher has become ready.  It should just need a null check adding...

Edit: I have just submitted a pull request with this fix.

1 hour ago, Razorfang said:

Minor problem with procedural fairings. It is not playing well with KER in the same way that the heatshields were initially in 1.1. It doesn't seem to recognize any decouplers above the fairing base. Xposted from the procedural fairings page.

Can you describe your issue in more detail, perhaps a screenshot (with the KER window in "All stages" mode) or upload an example craft file?  I suspect this is the usual issue with it not simulating stages "above" the root part of the vessel.  This is a complex issue to fix as the general case requires the simulation to split the vessel into multiple vessels on staging and continue simulating all those that still have potential deltaV.  A slightly less general, but still fairly complex, method would be to decide at staging time which sub-vessel should be considered the primary one and simulate that rather than always doing the one containing the root part.  If it isn't that issue then the craft file and screenshot will allow us to see exactly what you are seeing...

Edited by Padishar

Output.log --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuhqmabhhkr78ny/output_log.txt?dl=0

Picture (lemme know if you need anything more specific) --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8khbjkenoyq0pk/KER%20PF%20Bug.png?dl=0

Craft File (Made this one just to test bug, shows up on all craft for me.) --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/870fgnj3yhe2om9/KER_PF%20Bug%20Test.craft?dl=0

(ignore what I wrote here before)

The error I encountered was due to my own incompetence in removing USI-LS. It was trying to find the resource definitions for the existing vessels and could not. When I removed KER it wiped out all the existing vessels. That seemed to fix the problem.

Edited by Razorfang
Erroneous assumption on my part.

On 4/21/2016 at 5:01 AM, Padishar said:

Mediafire links are not allowed on this forum due to often including highly inappropriate ads.  You would need to pick a different file host.

However, if you have restarted the game since you last had the problem (I assume so) then the important log will have been overwritten so there isn't much point in posting it.  The next time you see the issue please quit the game and immediately upload the log file before restarting the game (or, at least, copy it away somewhere first if you want to try repeating the bug or can't upload it straight away for some other reason).

My bad! I didn't realise it was overwritten. I was able to reproduce the bug again, and here's my output_log under a different file host: https://www.dropbox.com/s/70ghysokf7zujce/output_log.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, ramana said:

My bad! I didn't realise it was overwritten. I was able to reproduce the bug again, and here's my output_log under a different file host: https://www.dropbox.com/s/70ghysokf7zujce/output_log.txt?dl=0

DistantObject is failing to load.  There are a huge number of exceptions from StageRecovery.  There are also a large number of errors from ModuleLifeSupport which is presumably part of USI LifeSupport.  Finally, it looks like ContractConfigurator has a problem which provokes several other problems.  I would recommend updating these to versions confirmed to work correctly with 1.1 or remove them until such versions become available.  If you still have problems then send a fresh log and I'll take another look...

I'm not sure this has been addressed but whenever I install KER and Precise Maneuver, I get infinite Null Reference Exceptions in the Error log during Flight. It's very annoying when debugging and eats performance and memory

Edited by FreeThinker

7 hours ago, Cmdrdogsworth said:

Good evening (in EST anyway) everyone.  Just wanted to report a crash occurring with Kerbal Engineer on an otherwise stock 1.1 installation.  Crashes when resetting to launch or VAB almost every time.  

http://pastebin.com/t3CzhTEg

It actually appears that your game crashed when you deleted a skipper engine from your vessel in the VAB, not during a revert.  This (and crashing on revert) has been reported in stock 1.1 so is very unlikely to be anything to do with KER.

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I'm not sure this has been addressed but whenever I install KER and Precise Maneuver, I get infinite Null Reference Exceptions in the Error log during Flight. It's very annoying when debugging and eats performance and memory

If you have a log containing errors then post it, don't expect people to try to reproduce your issue from a single sentence description...

6 minutes ago, Padishar said:

It actually appears that your game crashed when you deleted a skipper engine from your vessel in the VAB, not during a revert.  This (and crashing on revert) has been reported in stock 1.1 so is very unlikely to be anything to do with KER.

If you have a log containing errors then post it, don't expect people to try to reproduce your issue from a single sentence description...

The log doesn't tell any useful information. I just have painstakingly figured out by trail an error what minimum combination of mods cause the whole error log to repeat the same non descriptive Null Reference Exception. To reproduce it simply install both KER and Precise Maneuver , create any vessel, launch and the bug will immediately start generating the same exception until you quit to VAB or space center. I fixxed the problem for myself by replacing Precise Maneuver  by Precise Node which does not seem to cause the problem.

Edited by FreeThinker

3 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

The log doesn't tell any useful information.

It may not provide you with any useful information but I would like to make that determination for myself, as would most other modders.

3 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I just have painstakingly figured out by trail an error what combination of mods cause the whole log to repeat the same non descriptive Null Reference Exception. To reproduce it simply install both KER and Precise Maneuver , create any vessel, launch and the bug will immediately start generating the same exception until you quit to VAB or space center

You've done all that work and yet you failed to mention it in your original post.  Did you try closing or reopening the UI of either mod to see if it had an effect?  You also don't explicitly say that you tested either mod by itself though I'm assuming you did...

I dont know too much about logs but i have similar/ the same problem. I had CTD in VAB, then i reinstalled the whole game and after that it happens again (there was two completely different ships - the only 2 was the same and it was Mk1 Command Pod and 1.25m heat shield). I used only KER

Log here: http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/vd7a9wPY/file.html

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.