[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

• 2 weeks later...

My KER HUDs font is tiny and hard to read. Somehow the screen res makes it look low quality. Anything else on my screen looks as crisp as ever, just the KER HUDs look sub quality. My screen is an ASUS WQHD and I run a 1080Ti.

Any help would be greatly apprecited. At the moment I can not distinguish between 6 and 8 etc.

Any ideas?

thanks

-Daf

On ‎3‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, Dafni said:

My KER HUDs font is tiny and hard to read. Somehow the screen res makes it look low quality. Anything else on my screen looks as crisp as ever, just the KER HUDs look sub quality. My screen is an ASUS WQHD and I run a 1080Ti.

Any help would be greatly apprecited. At the moment I can not distinguish between 6 and 8 etc.

Any ideas?

thanks

-Daf

do you do any rescaling of the UI?

3 hours ago, Dafni said:

The KER UI? No, dont know how to do this.

From the VAB or the SPH open KER and select settings. From there you can adjust the GUI size. I'm not sure how that will affect the quality of the fonts however...

51 minutes ago, JonGustav said:

From the VAB or the SPH open KER and select settings. From there you can adjust the GUI size. I'm not sure how that will affect the quality of the fonts however...

Oh, I never knew that! Thanks for the info, I'll test it tonight.

For some reason, the HUD 1 and HUD 2 are off and are covering some of the stock HUDs. Is there any way to fix this?

And the suicide burn is off, or I don't know how to use it. I normally wait till the suicide time reaches an altitude of 0, and then fire my engines, but I reach 0 m/s before I reach the ground.

Having a bit of a problem here:

A while ago I turned off the main HUD console (the one that says Flight Engineer Redux) so I could see more of the actual screen. I have recently tried to turn it back on through the toolbar menu, but the button 'Show Engineer' is unresponsive.

I'm using KSP 1.3.1 and the latest version of KER (1.1.3.0), if it helps.

5 hours ago, RB101 said:

Could you elaborate a bit please? That description's a bit vague for me... thanks :) 

Sure! Launch something, hover over the KER button, hit the "edit" button on one of the HUDs, and change anything (and back if you want). This should make everything normal (at least it did for me).

1 hour ago, Daedalus451 said:

I recently updated to 1.4, realised none of my mods worked, so went back down to 1.3.1. Now KER windows in game are all garbled, like this:

2018_03_09_1.png

Similar things happen in flight. Any ideas?

I'd fool around with the GUI scale. You find that in the settings. 

Note: I'm not really an expert, but that's my best guess.

15 hours ago, prgmTrouble said:

I'd fool around with the GUI scale. You find that in the settings. 

Note: I'm not really an expert, but that's my best guess.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the window is so messed up that I can't even access the settings button. I can edit the HUD readouts in flight, but the formatting of those is still messed up.

EDIT: Never mind - I reinstalled all my mods through CKAN, and that seems to have fixed it.

Edited by Daedalus451

13 hours ago, prgmTrouble said:

Sure! Launch something, hover over the KER button, hit the "edit" button on one of the HUDs, and change anything (and back if you want). This should make everything normal (at least it did for me).

Thanks ^_^

On 3/10/2018 at 5:31 AM, Daedalus451 said:

EDIT: Never mind - I reinstalled all my mods through CKAN, and that seems to have fixed it.

I've been checking the mods on CKAN to try them out on the new version.  I think that I have it in some weird mode that only shows the ones that are set to be compatible with the latest version of KSP.

How did you set it so you could install mods that aren't?

4 minutes ago, PTNLemay said:

I've been checking the mods on CKAN to try them out on the new version.  I think that I have it in some weird mode that only shows the ones that are set to be compatible with the latest version of KSP.

How did you set it so you could install mods that aren't?

in CKAN -> Settings -> Compatible KSP versions

Use with care

On 14.3.2018 at 2:28 AM, Bizz Keryear said:

in CKAN -> Settings -> Compatible KSP versions

Use with care

Note that the current version of KER does run, but it has problems handling the engine mount plates (I guess it thinks the engine will be gone after decoupling - as if you stuck a decoupler between the engine and the tank). Stages where the engine is on a mount plate show 0 dv.

12 hours ago, Draradech said:

Note that the current version of KER does run, but it has problems handling the engine mount plates (I guess it thinks the engine will be gone after decoupling - as if you stuck a decoupler between the engine and the tank). Stages where the engine is on a mount plate show 0 dv.

Popping fuel lines on there could help while designing your craft.

6 hours ago, mattssheep4 said:

Popping fuel lines on there could help while designing your craft.

Don't even need to, just disable the decoupling on the baseplate, add another decoupler if you need to see both lower and upper stage infos at the same time. Apparently, the baseplates don't interfere with the fuel flow calculation, KER only thinks the engines are dropped when you stage the plate.

Rune. Almost a non-bug, so an update can certainly wait.

Edited by Rune

I am lead to believe that the Phase Angle is the angle with respect to the target body you need to have in order to do a hoffman transfer.  But numbers in KER changes as you go around your orbit, and the phase angle it suppose to be a fixed number?

3 hours ago, davidpsummers said:

I am lead to believe that the Phase Angle is the angle with respect to the target body you need to have in order to do a hoffman transfer.  But numbers in KER changes as you go around your orbit, and the phase angle it suppose to be a fixed number?

The numbers KER shows are your position in your orbit around whatever planet you're at relative to the planet's orbit around Kerbol. So that's what you use to determine where in your orbit to do the transfer burn basically. To find when you are at the correct phase angle you either have to do it by hand and measure it out, or use a mod like Transfer Window Planner, which as of right now does not work for 1.4. Or, you could just eyeball it which works just fine if you have some wiggle room in your delta-V.

Edited by Kronus_Aerospace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.