Jump to content

[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)


cybutek
 Share

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@jrbudda just two quick questions for clarification:

  1. will your build support RealFuels without the good ol' flaws KER and VOID always had with it (under RO/RSS install)?
  2. do you plan to release a 1.3.1 backport to make the RO/RSS players happy?

I've never been too much into RO/Rss, tried it a few times, found it too fiddly for my tastes. So I'm not really aware of what these issues actually are. Could you maybe start a github issue for RO/Rss compatibility and maybe lay out what the exactly the problems are? I would then be in a much better position to pass judgement. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@jrbudda To exactly say what the issues are with RealFuels I have to struggle, I could try to find these scattered informations in several threads, I guess @NathanKell could tell what the devs of KER / VOID / BasicDeltaV have to fight with regarding readouts and stability of their mods when using RealFuels in RO/RSS environment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dafni said:

the CKAN on one of my 1.3.1 gives me an update for KER. Is it suggested to upgrade, on 1.3.1??

 

thanks in advance

I have not tested backwards compatibility, I left the min version where it was at 1.2.9. I do not think I have added any new code that is specific to 1.4,  so I imagine it will work, let me know!

Edited by jrbudda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jrbudda said:

so I imagine it will work, let me know

nope

In my KSP 1.3.1 RO/RSS I went to VAB and the button does not open anything (btw the UI should be there because of the settings files).
This is written to the log continously:

KerbalEngineer -> SimManager.StartSimulation() // Could not load type 'ModuleDynamicNodes' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

KerbalEngineer ->   at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim.New (.Part p, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation.PrepareSimulation (KerbalEngineer.LogMsg _log, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Double theGravity, Double theAtmosphere, Double theMach, Boolean dumpTree, Boolean vectoredThrust, Boolean fullThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

nope

In my KSP 1.3.1 RO/RSS I went to VAB and the button does not open anything (btw the UI should be there because of the settings files).
This is written to the log continously:

KerbalEngineer -> SimManager.StartSimulation() // Could not load type 'ModuleDynamicNodes' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

KerbalEngineer ->   at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim.New (.Part p, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation.PrepareSimulation (KerbalEngineer.LogMsg _log, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Double theGravity, Double theAtmosphere, Double theMach, Boolean dumpTree, Boolean vectoredThrust, Boolean fullThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

 

Ah well I guess that answers that, I will update the min version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

nope

In my KSP 1.3.1 RO/RSS I went to VAB and the button does not open anything (btw the UI should be there because of the settings files).

 

I ran into the same problem. I kept on clicking things and suddenly the window appeared. Try a new design, then click on a command pod, click on the KER button, remove the command pod and add it again. And maybe click on the KER button again. This cycle brought the window up for me. (But no dV readouts, since the newest KER version doesn't support real fuels :( )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/04/2018 at 6:08 AM, Gordon Dry said:

@jrbudda To exactly say what the issues are with RealFuels I have to struggle, I could try to find these scattered informations in several threads, I guess @NathanKell could tell what the devs of KER / VOID / BasicDeltaV have to fight with regarding readouts and stability of their mods when using RealFuels in RO/RSS environment.

I've had several installs of R0/RP-0 with KER, and don't recall any noticing issues.  (I prefer KER's readouts to mechjeb's).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AVaughan said:

I've had several installs of R0/RP-0 with KER, and don't recall any noticing issues.  (I prefer KER's readouts to mechjeb's).  

@jrbudda I also often had the clue that using PP / PF on a vessel triggers KER wrong or even useless. Also sometimes decouplers could trigger wrong readouts.
But this PP / PF debate is old, I have read about issues and wrote about them myself from my early KSP days (which only started in May 2015).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is KER officially updated to 1.4.2? I noticed this forum thread still lists [1.3.0] in the title. That combined with all the forking that's happened recently leaves me a bit confused.

Thanks for maintaining this critical app...sent you some coffee/beer money  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2018 at 4:07 AM, Mat2ch said:

I ran into the same problem. I kept on clicking things and suddenly the window appeared. Try a new design, then click on a command pod, click on the KER button, remove the command pod and add it again. And maybe click on the KER button again. This cycle brought the window up for me. (But no dV readouts, since the newest KER version doesn't support real fuels :( )

In general if something in KER misbehaves, especially windows or readouts not showing up, check the alt+f12 console or KSP.log file, it's likely spamming error messages that would help me fix it.

 

11 hours ago, AVaughan said:

I've had several installs of R0/RP-0 with KER, and don't recall any noticing issues.  (I prefer KER's readouts to mechjeb's).  

I'm willing to work on inter-mod compatibility, there's some mod-specific checks in KER already but from the looks of it it's from way back and hasn't been worked on much. A github issue on my fork dedicated to a specific mod is the best way to get me to look into it.

 

3 hours ago, Tyko said:

Is KER officially updated to 1.4.2? I noticed this forum thread still lists [1.3.0] in the title. That combined with all the forking that's happened recently leaves me a bit confused.

Thanks for maintaining this critical app...sent you some coffee/beer money  :D

Thanks and I guess I should start a new thread now that my fork is on ckan. These forum posts have such grandiose first posts I will have to take some time and do it right, maybe this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jrbudda said:

Thanks and I guess I should start a new thread now that my fork is on ckan. These forum posts have such grandiose first posts I will have to take some time and do it right, maybe this weekend.

If you can't find the time to make a grandiose first post just start small and we will help to expand it later. Many thanks for your work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll attach an extract from logs and I'll be glad to open a github request if requested or do further testing as directed.  I've read through the last 4 pages here looking for something similar.

I have a 1.3.1.1891 installation that has been stable for a year and I was hoping to use it for another YEAR before upgrading to 1.4.

Without doing anything at all, no upgrades whatsoever, no new mods, shortly after 1.4 came out, mods started saying I had the wrong version and Please Use 1.3.  Well, I am using 1.3.1.  In addition, MechJeb began behaving very erratically.  I have everything under git control, so I was able to clean out all mods and install MechJeb alone and later return to my exact original config.  MechJeb worked perfectly well while isolated from all other mods.

The main two mods that started complaining about version 1.3 were KER 1.1.3 and Docking Port Alignment Indicator.  I now operate MechJeb OK with KER re-installed but I forbade updates.  This seems to be the factor that makes the difference whether MechJeb keeps it sanity.  (Haystack has stopped working for me altogether but that's probably me struggling in the clasp of the anaconda.)

I suspect that old packages got updated with new version limits when 1.4 was released and then new package versions became available.

Extract from log follows.  I know this might be not enough to go on but I'm willing to register issues at github or do whatever further testing is required.  Just the Version Mismatch symptom seems like the first thing to fix.

For KSP 1.3.1.1891 which version of KER is Known Good?

 

[LOG 18:51:30.455] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.1.1891 (LinuxPlayer) en-us *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.1.1891 (LinuxPlayer) en-us


OS: Linux 4.4 LinuxMint 18.2 64bit
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         650  @ 3.20GHz (4)
RAM: 7909
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 (6144MB)
SM: 30 (OpenGL 4.5 [4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.98])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8


Log started: Sat, Apr 14, 2018 18:51:30
.
.
.
[LOG 18:51:31.690] Load(Assembly): KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/KerbalEngineer.Unity
[LOG 18:51:31.690] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/kmk/env/games/KSP/1.3.1.1891/GameData/KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/KerbalEngineer.Unity.dll
[LOG 18:51:31.691] Load(Assembly): KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/KerbalEngineer
[LOG 18:51:31.691] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/kmk/env/games/KSP/1.3.1.1891/GameData/KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/KerbalEngineer.dll
[LOG 18:51:31.692] Load(Assembly): KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/MiniAVC
[LOG 18:51:31.692] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/kmk/env/games/KSP/1.3.1.1891/GameData/KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/MiniAVC.dll
.
.
.
KerbalEngineer.Unity v1.0.0.0
KerbalEngineer v1.1.3.0
.
.
.
[LOG 18:51:31.889] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AssetBundleLoader' from assembly 'KerbalEngineer'
[LOG 18:51:31.889] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'MyLogger' from assembly 'KerbalEngineer'
[LOG 18:51:31.890] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'GeneralSettings' from assembly 'KerbalEngineer'
[LOG 18:51:31.935] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ControlCentre' from assembly 'KerbalEngineer'
.
.
.
[LOG 18:51:32.442] KerbalEngineer -> Executing: KerbalEngineer - 1.1.3.0
[LOG 18:51:32.442] KerbalEngineer -> Assembly: /home/kmk/env/games/KSP/1.3.1.1891/GameData/KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/KerbalEngineer.dll
[LOG 18:51:32.443] MiniAVC -> Executing: MiniAVC - 1.0.3.2
[LOG 18:51:32.443] MiniAVC -> Assembly: /home/kmk/env/games/KSP/1.3.1.1891/GameData/KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/MiniAVC.dll
[LOG 18:51:32.443] MiniAVC -> Starter was created.
[LOG 18:51:32.560] [CompatibilityChecker] Running checker version 5 from 'MechJeb2'
[LOG 18:51:32.798] KerbalEngineer -> images (UnityEngine.AssetBundle)
[LOG 18:51:32.798] MiniAVC -> Starter was destroyed.
[LOG 18:51:32.798] MiniAVC -> Starter was destroyed.
[LOG 18:51:32.798] MiniAVC -> /home/kmk/env/games/KSP/1.3.1.1891/GameData/KerbalEngineer-1.1.3.0/KerbalEngineer/KerbalEngineer.version
    NAME: Kerbal Engineer Redux
    URL: http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=6
    DOWNLOAD: NULL
    GITHUB: NULL
    VERSION: 1.1.3
    KSP_VERSION: 1.3
    KSP_VERSION_MIN: 1.2.9
    KSP_VERSION_MAX: 1.3
    CompatibleKspVersion: False
    CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
    CompatibleKspVersionMax: False
    CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

 

Edited by Hotel26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

I'll attach an extract from logs and I'll be glad to open a github request if requested or do further testing as directed.  I've read through the last 4 pages here looking for something similar.

I have a 1.3.1.1891 installation that has been stable for a year and I was hoping to use it for another YEAR before upgrading to 1.4.

Without doing anything at all, no upgrades whatsoever, no new mods, shortly after 1.4 came out, mods started saying I had the wrong version and Please Use 1.3.  Well, I am using 1.3.1.  In addition, MechJeb began behaving very erratically.  I have everything under git control, so I was able to clean out all mods and install MechJeb alone and later return to my exact original config.  MechJeb worked perfectly well while isolated from all other mods.

The main two mods that started complaining about version 1.3 were KER 1.1.3 and Docking Port Alignment Indicator.  I now operate MechJeb OK with KER re-installed but I forbade updates.  This seems to be the factor that makes the difference whether MechJeb keeps it sanity.  (Haystack has stopped working for me altogether but that's probably me struggling in the clasp of the anaconda.)

I suspect that old packages got updated with new version limits when 1.4 was released and then new package versions became available.

Extract from log follows.  I know this might be not enough to go on but I'm willing to register issues at github or do whatever further testing is required.  Just the Version Mismatch symptom seems like the first thing to fix.

For KSP 1.3.1.1891 which version of KER is Known Good?

 

 

edit the .version file in the kerbal engineer folder and set KSP_VERSION_MAX to 1.3.1 and it should stop complaining.

Edited by jrbudda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/04/2018 at 5:37 PM, Tyko said:

Is KER officially updated to 1.4.2? I noticed this forum thread still lists [1.3.0] in the title. That combined with all the forking that's happened recently leaves me a bit confused.

Thanks for maintaining this critical app...sent you some coffee/beer money  :D

The original KER hasn't been updated since May last year, but there's a fork that's being actively maintained and has 1.4.x compatibility here:

https://github.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/releases

The talented, heroic, ever popular developer jrbudda is active on this thread.

Simon Hibbs

Edited by simonh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having weird stuff happen here.

JHOmmT3.pngI updated to KER 1.1.4.9 a couple of days ago and the readouts were fine. The next time I loaded the game, they were like this. Additionally, I've had a problem ever since KSP 1.3.1 where most of the buttons on the KER menu are nonfunctional (including the 'Show engineer' and 'Control bar' buttons). Only the custom readouts are actually viewable on the HUD.

Any ideas??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

@RealKerbal3x Can you show us a screenshot of your settings? I have a feeling you clicked a few buttons but I'm not entirely sure... 

Also go ahead and delete the entire KER folder in gamedata, then reinstall. Noticed some cross versioning issues.

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling KER through CKAN and that didn’t work. I assume for manual installation you just unzip the KER file into gamedata?

And I assume you mean the game settings. I’ll grab a screenshot tonight :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling KER through CKAN and that didn’t work. I assume for manual installation you just unzip the KER file into gamedata?

And I assume you mean the game settings. I’ll grab a screenshot tonight :)

That would be correct. Make sure the folder you drag in is the "Kerbal Engineer Redux" folder and not "Gamedata"

Game and KER settings please. KER settings can be found by clicking the KER button in the build screen,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling KER through CKAN and that didn’t work. I assume for manual installation you just unzip the KER file into gamedata?

And I assume you mean the game settings. I’ll grab a screenshot tonight :)

Also good practice to completely delete the original file before reinstalling. That way if the mod happens to create any config or output files, they will be deleted and not apply to the reinstalled mod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all, I know for sure the answer to this question is out there because I've read it and even used the solution before, but now I can't find it and can't remember it. My google-fu fails me.

In the VAB with KER installed there is a "Build engineer overlay" that puts a couple of info windows in the bottom left portion of the screen. Depending on aspect ratio and screen resolution, these info windows (named "Vessel" and "Resources") can overlap and obscure some of the buttons for symmetry, snap mode, and center-of-foo markers.

There exists a way to adjust the position of these little windows but I can't figure it out. Can anyone point me to instructions? Thanks!

 

Edit: Found the solution:

In GameData\KerbalEngineer\Settings is a file called BuildOverlay.xml

Edit this with notepad++ or whatever and find the section that looks like this:

<SettingItem>
<Name>vesselWindowX</Name>
<Value xsi:type="float">430</Value>
</SettingItem>

By default the Value is 330; I find that by changing it to 430 it moves the windows out into a good spot, but the specific number you need to put there would depend on your screen resolution. Just add a hundred or two to the value though and it should be good.

Edited by Newnard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...