[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

i'm using this mod for galileo's planet pack and and it doesnt show kerbin as gael and ive seen it work and i got it to show gael instead of kerbin when i did it in 1.3 but in 1.6.1 its not working.

Hello, I've encountered an issue with KER connected with Kerbalism 2.2.0

30zoWc5.jpg
There is the difference between the stock delta-v calc and KER. And the stock one seems to be the correct one. Latest Kerbalism introduced some changes in mass, and it seems that KER got lost a bit with it. 
When I reroot to the fuel tank, deattach, and attach the pod back, the readings then show the correct d-v

Edited by Darkherring

2 hours ago, Darkherring said:

Hello, I've encountered an issue with KER connected with Kerbalism 2.2.0

There is no Kerbalism 2.2.0 - that was an erroneous release and you should roll back to 2.1. v2.2 will contain many issues. Don't use it.

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

There is no Kerbalism 2.2.0 - that was an erroneous release and you should roll back to 2.1. v2.2 will contain many issues. Don't use it.

I'm aware of that. I was doing tests for the modders. I've raised the issue, and they said it would be on a KER side.

Friends,

I am still learning to use this mod and I have doubts about TWR.
I'm using the "LV-T45" to raise a mass of "10.8 tons".
KER says my TWR will be "2.09 (3.74)" in the "atimosphere".
But the calculation I learned, says another result:
167.969 / (10.8 * 10) = 1.555

Am I missing something? I try to take off this rocket, but it does not rise fast enough.

* I am using version 1.1.5.7 for KSP 1.6.1 extracted from this link: https://github.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/releases

* Follows an image: https: //imgur.com/a/d0GvMzY

* Leveraging: Can someone tell me what the number in parentheses means?

57 minutes ago, Wesley Balestrini said:

KER says my TWR will be "2.09 (3.74)" in the "atimosphere".
But the calculation I learned, says another result:
167.969 / (10.8 * 10) = 1.555

Well, KER also says your craft got a total mass of 8.176t and if you put this number into your own calculation, you'll also end up with a TWR of 2.09. So the actual question is: Why is the mass calculated by KSP and KER different?
Since it looks like you have tweak scale installed: Are there any scaled parts on the craft?

59 minutes ago, Wesley Balestrini said:

Leveraging: Can someone tell me what the number in parentheses means?

The number in paranthesis is your max TWR. Obviously, your craft will become lighter during the flight by burning fuel so the TWR will rise over time. The max TWR is basically the TWR you are going to have in the moment, the stage is running out of fuel.

26 minutes ago, Wesley Balestrini said:

I did another test with a simpler rocket (3 pieces).
All pieces are in their original scales, but the KER does not show the same mass as the KSP.
Image: https://imgur.com/a/G1dJkQe

Any idea?

Something is messing around in your install. Since this is a simple craft, it's easy to calc the mass by hand:

MK1 Pod: 0.84t
FL-T200 Tank: 1.125t
LV-T30 Engine: 1.25t
Sum: 3.215t

I just tried it with a minimal setup of mods and both, KER and the stock engineer report calculating the mass correctly:

Spoiler

sfUCxMM.png

Just to be sure, I've tried it in KSP 1.6.1 with KER 1.1.5.7, and in KSP 1.7.0 with KER 1.1.5.7 and KER 1.1.6.0, the result is always the same.

Since you got several mods which modify a lot of parts (life support, fuel switch, tweak scale..), these values may be different for you but I would suggest to calulate it by hand for this simple craft and then you'll know, which values is correct.

21 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

Which version of Kerbalism were you using?

25 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Reveal hidden contents

sfUCxMM.png

Just to be sure, I've tried it in KSP 1.6.1 with KER 1.1.5.7, and in KSP 1.7.0 with KER 1.1.5.7 and KER 1.1.6.0, the result is always the same.

Since you got several mods which modify a lot of parts (life support, fuel switch, tweak scale..), these values may be different for you but I would suggest to calulate it by hand for this simple craft and then you'll know, which values is correct.

I tried to remove water; oxygen; nitrogen and food. But the numbers between KER and KSP are different. They are also different from yours numbers.

Edited by Wesley Balestrini

I

32 minutes ago, Wesley Balestrini said:

I tried to remove water; oxygen; nitrogen and food. But the numbers between KER and KSP are different. They are also different from yours numbers.

I don't know if it is important in this case, but kerbalism 2.2 is broken.

Not sure what's going on, but KerbalEngineer is spamming the log file while in the editor with the following:

KerbalEngineer ->   at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim.New (.Part p, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation.PrepareSimulation (KerbalEngineer.LogMsg _log, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Double theGravity, Double theAtmosphere, Double theMach, Boolean dumpTree, Boolean vectoredThrust, Boolean fullThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

KerbalEngineer -> Exception SimManager.StartSimulation() // System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ModuleDecouplerBase' from assembly 'KerbalEngineer'.
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim.New (.Part p, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation.PrepareSimulation (KerbalEngineer.LogMsg _log, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Double theGravity, Double theAtmosphere, Double theMach, Boolean dumpTree, Boolean vectoredThrust, Boolean fullThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

KerbalEngineer ->   at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim.New (.Part p, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and the following when on the launch pad:

KerbalEngineer -> Exception SimManager.StartSimulation() // System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ModuleDecouplerBase' from assembly 'KerbalEngineer'.
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim.New (.Part p, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by linuxgurugamer

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've had the same issue with ModuleDecouplerBase, and the solution was that KER, MechJeb, and similar mods break between 1.6 & 1.7, where versions built for 1.7 will not work for 1.6 and vice versa.

KER 1.1.5.7 should be the last version for 1.6.

2 hours ago, Eridan said:

I've had the same issue with ModuleDecouplerBase, and the solution was that KER, MechJeb, and similar mods break between 1.6 & 1.7, where versions built for 1.7 will not work for 1.6 and vice versa.

KER 1.1.5.7 should be the last version for 1.6.

Ok, thank you

• 2 weeks later...

So isn't there a KER release compatible with rss/ro/rp-1 that shows data correctly? It is a real pity, as many of us really like this mod and prefer it over mechjeb, but it seem to be unusable with rss in 1.3.1

On 4/30/2019 at 9:31 AM, Rauko said:

So isn't there a KER release compatible with rss/ro/rp-1 that shows data correctly? It is a real pity, as many of us really like this mod and prefer it over mechjeb, but it seem to be unusable with rss in 1.3.1

I forked the latest KER and built it for 1.3.1 to use with RSS.

You can grab it from here: https://github.com/RCrockford/KerbalEngineer/releases/tag/1.1.6.1

10 minutes ago, MilkSage said:

I cannot find a way to increase the size of the green text of HUD1, HUD2.

I play at 2560*1440, 27" monitor.  And I'm old...

Have you tried to adjust the GUI size already? There are some settings available via the KER readout window in the editor, which also includes an option to increase the GUI size. It affects every KER window though.

Spoiler

Ddb3x6P.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question since I can't find anything about this via Google: in which location is all the information for all the adjustments I make to the HUDs and other displays that Kerbal Engineer Redux offers saved? I'm asking because I want to copy over my setup to several other KSP instances. Thanks!

NVM: As usual I immediately found it once I hit the post button. It's under GameData > KerbalEngineer > Settings > SectionLibrary.xml. Had to copy over the xml file to the new instance of KSP and load the save for it to work.

Edited by Chrischn89

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.