cybutek

[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

Is there an indicator that I shoudl use to time my landings properly on an atmosferic body ? I can do suicide burns perfectly on the mun, but whenever atmo is involved the readouts are all over the place. Am i missing something?

I'm suddenly having a really odd problem.  KER in VAB is showing me a vastly different Delta V by stage than what I get from KER when I hit launch.  It's off by hundreds of m/s.  I have craft which I successfully launched which had and still shows ~3100 delta V for stage 1 & 2 in the VAB, but when I launch, they only have ~2700 delta V in the same stages (i.e. I can't make it to orbit with a craft that I currently have in orbit from a launch before this issue cropped up).

I'm thinking I may have a corrupt save file or something.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  I've got a ton of hours into this save I would really dislike starting over.

Edited by DoubleUU

12 hours ago, DoubleUU said:

I'm suddenly having a really odd problem.  KER in VAB is showing me a vastly different Delta V by stage than what I get from KER when I hit launch.  It's off by hundreds of m/s.  I have craft which I successfully launched which had and still shows ~3100 delta V for stage 1 & 2 in the VAB, but when I launch, they only have ~2700 delta V in the same stages (i.e. I can't make it to orbit with a craft that I currently have in orbit from a launch before this issue cropped up).

I'm thinking I may have a corrupt save file or something.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  I've got a ton of hours into this save I would really dislike starting over.

Do you actually have a problem reaching orbit or is it just the numbers that are off? To me it looks like once you launch, the delta V is calculated for your current altitude. After launch, as the rocket gains height, my total delta V actually goes UP, not down. Not sure how the calculation in the VAB is done.

12 hours ago, DoubleUU said:

What are your settings for the Delta V window?  (Atmospheric/vacuum, what planet, etc.)

Having a really odd problem. Running latest KSP 1.10.1 build, and KER from CKAN (1.1.72).

With KER installed and any other mods, After a while textures and icons start to disappear and then leaving a scene causes KSP to completely lock up. If I remove KER, everything works fine even with 100+ mods. You can tell when it will crash on the next scene change as if in the VAB or SPH the backgrounds for the resource and vessel info screenlets go transparent, followed by the toolbar icons going black.

How can I find out what mod is conflicting with KER?