[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

I'm having an issue where the mod crashes KSP when trying to attach it to my rather large ship.

I am using the following mods on my ship:

Interstellar

Remote Tech 2

B9_Areospace

FerramAerospaceResearch

Kethane

Kerball Attachment System

The ship itself is using parts from:

Interstellar

Remote Tech 2

B9_Areospace

Kethane

Every time I attach the engineering module to the craft KSP freezes and I cant do anything else. I have to force quit the game. I have checked and there is no information in the log file.

Is having very large ships known to create this problem or is this something that is created by particular mods.

Here is my craft file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19679728/KSP/Val%20Orbiter.craft

I've had long hangs and unexpected freezes/values not updating with KER614 as above, usually with semi complex craft. If KER could handle such breakdowns a little more gracefully it could avoid bringing down the whole Exe.

One aspect of engineering I'm often battling with is getting KER to understand what fuels and engines are active in various stages of flight. An Apollo style mission where the payload has actual fuel and engines aboard confuses it to no end. Some ability to ignore certain engines and fuel would help enforce correct thinking on KER's end. As such I have to save things via subassembly and make exact duplicate test masses so I can recreate the craft parts in mock up for KER to simulate the proper results.

Thanks for the help yesterday, managed to land on the mun for the first time albiet non mathamatically now i just need to conserve more delta-v to get back. What stat should i check to make sure im not to rocket heavy and that what i have is running efficiently ?

Thanks for the help yesterday, managed to land on the mun for the first time albiet non mathamatically now i just need to conserve more delta-v to get back. What stat should i check to make sure im not to rocket heavy and that what i have is running efficiently ?

The biggest thing to check is delta-V. In the air, it's quite literally how much velocity change you can do and in the VAB, you can swap out an engine or fuel tank or whatnot and see the difference.

It's great - and sometimes surprising - to swap different engines and see the change. Also watching the total dV change when you take something off your upper stage can be astonishing.

A question. When I'm using FAR together with this, I see less information in the surface window. In the past there was a number about terminal velocity and speed efficiency, I think its gone now. Is that normal?

Not dev, but I suppose it is. I don't think there's an easy way for Engineer to calculate terminal velocity with FAR. Generally it's not a factor anymore.

The only thing I feel that's missing from this mod is in the Rendezvous tab:

Distance at closest intercept

Time to closest intercept

Relative velocity at closest intercept

Apologies if these have been suggested before.

I've a new display request.

SOmeone brought up in another thread that the Ap/Pe readout's for maneuver nodes are hard to read when you're making small changes, because they overlap with the current Ap/Pe text.

Would it be possible to have a new section of Engineer that could list the Pe / Ap altitude and time as is normally seen when hovering over the nodes? This would really help in precise planning on transfer orbits.

I've knocked up a quick and dirty screen shot of what I'm thinking.

Engineer%20Node%20information.jpg

Just tried out the KER v1.0 build, very swish. I like the extra button on the VAB, and the part statistic tooltips. I also like the may you can choose between the full window and just the text by left and right clicking. I haven't messed with flight engineer much yet, though.

Paul Kingtiger: Remember, you can click the Ap/Pe of a manoeuvre node orbit to pin the display of its height, just like you can with regular orbits.

It seems that engineer runs its simulation as if the root node were the last node to be decoupled, even if the root node on the bottom end of a stack decoupler. As I often re-use a launch stage and attach something else to the top, I find the delta-v and TWR calculations just list zero for the final stages (i.e. those after the root node is detached). Are there plans to address this in 1.0? I realize I could use the selectRoot plugin, but it would be nice if it weren't required.

Another issue with delta-v calculation that I experience is that if I use a docking node instead of a decoupler (for example to attach a lander that will return) then calculations are not performed for the separate stages (how much delta-v does that lander have anyway?). If only I could tweak docking nodes to start with cross-feed disabled and/or add docking-node decoupling to the staging list… (maybe .23?)

So I installed latest version and I am unable to use it within campaign mode.

When I go to build a craft using lvl0 tech it shows it in the science tab but its greyed out saying I need to research it first. Go over to research building and click research on it but when I go back into the VAB it is still greyed out saying I need to research it. Go back over to research building and I see another set of engineer computers along with another unresearched set. Anyone have this problem?

I've noticed a fairly major bug/incompatibility with Stretchy Tanks. It's present in both versions 0.6.1.4 and 1.0 of Kerbal Engineer.

When using stretchy tanks if you resize a tank that's feeding into an engine the delta-V display will permanently freeze. There's no way to reset this except to restart KSP entirely. The faulty delta-V display in the VAB even corrupts the vessel readings from the flight engineer.

Once you restart KSP though you can load the vessel with the stretchy tank and, as long as you don't resize it again, it works just fine, showing the accurate display of delta-V.

Also, on a side note, excellent work with version 1.0. I love the improvements over 0.6.1.4, and it's not even finished yet.

Click on the actual items in the tree to unlock them individually in a tech node you previously unlocked

Thats what I said im doing. As soon as I research the individual items and go back into the VAB they are still greyed out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.