[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Version 0.6.2.5 is now available!

Support for 0.24 with stock toolbar support in place of Blizzy's.

Uses Padishar's latest fuel simulation code, and have also fixed the resource cost bug.

Have fun :)

Why does the new version not include the features from Padishar's DLL, i.e. surface biomes, etc?

Because them extra features completely slipped my mind and I only realised after releasing. I'll see about merging them and getting a new release out very soon :)

Version 0.6.2.5 is now available!

Support for 0.24 with stock toolbar support in place of Blizzy's.

Uses Padishar's latest fuel simulation code, and have also fixed the resource cost bug.

Have fun :)

Noooo! Can it be optional?

I had Padishar's version installed until you released the update. I'm honestly kinda glad you didn't include everything, as I like to add KER to all my pods and cores.

I always want to have it available, and I don't want to be able to forget to add it so some sub-ship (like a satellite I deploy or something). This causes my pod/core-context-menu to be quite overflown. One solution to that would be to have another (physical) part that is the only one that has a new module, which contains those tweakeables. As I understand it, most of the mare mainly useful with aircraft/planes, so how about just AircraftEngineer in addition to FlightEngineer and KerbalEngineer?

That said, the one thing I'd really LOVE is the biome display. I've been hoping and waiting for it for quite some time (but I refused to switch to void just for this) :)

EDIT:

Noooo! Can it be optional?

Seriously!? WHY? I hope in a few weeks everything will just use the official toolbar, that's what it's for!

Seriously!? WHY? I hope in a few weeks everything will just use the official toolbar, that's what it's for!

But it sucks. It's strangely super glued to the upper right hand corner of my screen and it's not configurable in the slightest.

Here's blizzy's take on why his toolbar is better:

It offers a lot more flexibility. When I tested the App Launcher during experimentals, it could not do any of these:

- multiple toolbars

- folders

- resizable toolbar

- positionable toolbar

- show/hide buttons according to user preferences

- auto-hide

Also, it's bigger, which may or may not be a good thing.

When I tested, it could only support displaying a fixed number of buttons at the same time. If you added more, it would begin to scroll by using the mouse wheel.

Edit: Not to mention API documentation. I haven't seen any for the App Launcher so far.

Yah Blizzy's is clearly superior. I mean it's not even a contest. Like comparing a car to a horse. They both do basically the same thing but one of them is leagues ahead of the other.

Yah Blizzy's is clearly superior. I mean it's not even a contest. Like comparing a car to a horse. They both do basically the same thing but one of them is leagues ahead of the other.

Hey, horses are decent for getting around. This is more like comparing a car to a pair of roller skates, actually scratch that, one roller skate.

Another difference: One of them is natively supported, the other could be abandoned at any time and break all addons dependent on it.

That's why I suggested making it optional. Plugins have been making Blizzy's Toolbar optional for a long time now, nothing new there. Before they added their own buttons if it wasn't present, now they can use stock toolbar instead, but they shouldn't remove support for it.

So, I downloaded the newest version (put the Engineer folder in GameData), I put one of the parts on my ship and... nothing. No popup box in the Editor in flight, no change to the toolbar, nothing. I've used past versions before, I don't remember having to do anything specific to get it to pop-up. What's going on?

So, I downloaded the newest version (put the Engineer folder in GameData), I put one of the parts on my ship and... nothing. No popup box in the Editor in flight, no change to the toolbar, nothing. I've used past versions before, I don't remember having to do anything specific to get it to pop-up. What's going on?

You might have forgotten about adding Kerbal Engineering System (science tab) :wink: You need to buy it first from the first science tier.

Here's blizzy's take on why his toolbar is better:

Those are exactly the reasons why I think blizzy's is worse. It has more "options" and options are not always good. They can be confusing. I've always had problems with the toolbar plugin being at the wrong spot, hard to move, and annoying the hell out of me.

What should be done, is making a mod that replaces the default toolbar with the options you want. Not making a 2nd toolbar.

Just a little heads up.

I am putting support for Blizzy's toolbar back in and using the opportunity to fix a couple things with it as well.

The toolbars are now optional via a config file.

Adding the biome and slope readouts which Padishar implemented in the experimental patch.

Just got to package it up and upload :)

Version 0.6.2.6 is now available!

Blizzy's Toolbar support is now back in and has been overhauled.

Stock toolbar support is optional via a toolbar.cfg config file.

Both the Biome and Slope readouts from Padishar's patch are now implemented.

I'm also very sorry for the oversight with the last update, but it's fixed now and better because of it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.