[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Yes, this isn't anything specifically to do with the launch clamp, rather it is a known problem with the simulation code caused by having a stage that doesn't decouple anything. Basically, when you have such a stage then the simulation will not trigger the stage until all currently active engines have stopped burning. The problem is being worked on and should be fixed reasonably soon. In the meantime, I suggest you simply put the launch clamps in the initial stage that starts the engines...

Sometime the engines is not full throttle fast enough. the rocket will drop little bit. So, I'd like to put it above it to be safe. Thanks for quick reply!

Sometime the engines is not full throttle fast enough. the rocket will drop little bit. So, I'd like to put it above it to be safe. Thanks for quick reply!

With stock engines that shouldn't be a problem, but if you're using KW Rocketry, those now have a spool-up-time, similar to jets. So for those it's often necessary to do this. I usually readjust the staging to check my Delta-V, and then switch the clamps back to the second stage for the actual launch. It's a bit tedious though, so I'm also looking forward to a fix :)

Creat and MADTJ (and anyone else interested):

I've now released a dev version based on 0.6.2.9 that should fix this issue (see the link in my sig). I don't currently have a dev version of 1.x.x.x so if you are using that then you will have to wait a little longer...

Bryce Schroeder and I are working on a replacement for Planet Factory called Kopernicus (we've made some SERIOUS technical improvements, such as stability, no hacks, full science, archives, the fact that it rewrites the prefab everything is spawned from).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88168-Early-development-0-24-Kopernicus-Planetary-System-Modifier/page15

One of our alpha testers noticed that Kerbal Engineer did not give flight statistics for custom worlds introduced by the mod. I found that the gravity and atmospheric information was manually coded into CelestialBodies.cs and made a patch for it to load dynamically from the live planetary system. I also modified BuildEngineer.cs to support that the CelestialBodies object might not be available because the PSystem is not spawned. I've submitted a pull request for your review.

https://github.com/CYBUTEK/Engineer/pull/11

Screenshot.2014.08_03_21.52.49.small.png

One of our alpha testers noticed that Kerbal Engineer did not give flight statistics for custom worlds introduced by the mod. I found that the gravity and atmospheric information was manually coded into CelestialBodies.cs and made a patch for it to load dynamically from the live planetary system. I also modified BuildEngineer.cs to support that the CelestialBodies object might not be available because the PSystem is not spawned. I've submitted a pull request for your review.

Your mod looks very interesting indeed. I was going to look at reading the celestial body parameters from the core engine (issue #6 on my fork) but I haven't got around to it yet...

Your pull request looks pretty good though I would like to see what happens if you have significantly more bodies. Since all the buttons are in one BeginHorizontal I suspect that the window will just get larger and space the rest of the window out which will probably look a bit nasty. I'm not saying that you should fix this in the pull request (that is down to Cybutek after all) but some kind of further work will almost certainly be necessary. I believe the 1.x.x.x version uses slightly different UI code to arrange the buttons so it may be worth tweaking it in a similar way...

Your mod looks very interesting indeed. I was going to look at reading the celestial body parameters from the core engine (issue #6 on my fork) but I haven't got around to it yet...

Your pull request looks pretty good though I would like to see what happens if you have significantly more bodies. Since all the buttons are in one BeginHorizontal I suspect that the window will just get larger and space the rest of the window out which will probably look a bit nasty. I'm not saying that you should fix this in the pull request (that is down to Cybutek after all) but some kind of further work will almost certainly be necessary. I believe the 1.x.x.x version uses slightly different UI code to arrange the buttons so it may be worth tweaking it in a similar way...

I've made the change to the 1.0.x version as well and submitted a pull request.

https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer/pull/2

Screenshot.2014.08_04_15.29.24.small.png

Hi sorry this is probably a very stupid question but I have installed Kerbal Engineer and I can see the Kerbal Engineering System chips and computer in the build menu but I can not click on them or attach them to the ships (they are greyed out like I can't access them for some reason). Is there something I need to do in the system to activate them or have I not installed properly? Thanks

So I just updated to the new version of KSP. I downloaded a new copy of Engineer but I've got some kind of weird bug. When I add the chip to the side of the rocket the display appears way off to one side. I can see one and a half buttons which I can click but I can not grab and drag the display over into the center of the window where I can read it. There is some kind of message below the buttons but I cant really see enough of it to tell what it says.

Help. I miss my Engineer!

Lee

Try deleting the Engineer folder from your GameData folder and installing it again. It sometimes gets quite upset when upgrading from a previous version.

Alternatively, just delete the GameData\Engineer\PluginData folder and see if that sorts the problem.

In future, please make sure you mention what versions of KSP and KER you are running and, if possible, upload you output_log.txt somewhere and post a link.

Ok, so now it works. I deleted it and reloaded it from the public link at the beginning of the thread rather then from the one I found under the Mods tab. I don't know, maybe it's a slightly different version?

Lee

the most recent version is always opening the window (VAB and SPH) on the left half of the screen, any way to make it remember its last position? or to change the default position?

Go to settings and chose left or right side.

Hey guys. I've been playing since before docking was introduced. One of my favorite mods is the flight engineer. It's worked perfectly up until 0.23.5. But now that I've upgraded to 0.24 it no longer works :(

The only mod in GameData is the flight engineer. I never had a problem installing any mods before hand but I can't for the life of me get this one to work. The parts show up but they don't do anything at all. There's nothing to indicate any type of toolbar that normally pops up in earlier versions.

Here's what VAB looks like: http://i.imgur.com/tpKaSaw.jpg

And here's my file tree: http://i.imgur.com/emCaeiO.png

I'm running KSP version 0.24.2. KER version is 0.6.2.9 and is the only mod I'm running. I completely deleted my KSP folder and started with a fresh install and it's still not working. Any help?

I'm running KSP version 0.24.2. KER version is 0.6.2.9 and is the only mod I'm running. I completely deleted my KSP folder and started with a fresh install and it's still not working. Any help?

Can you upload your output_log.txt? That version should be showing up on the new stock toolbar down at the bottom right of the screen so it sounds like the plugin dll isn't loading for some reason.

One thing you could try is moving your whole "Kerbal Space Program" folder out of "Program Files (x86)" folder to somewhere else like "C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program". Also, try right-clicking on the Engineer.dll file and selecting "Properties" and if there is an enabled "Unblock" button near the bottom of the dialog then click it.

I've isolated my KSP crashing to something related to KER 0.6.2.9 and other mods not playing together and was wondering if I could get some help. I'm using Win7 64, steam and the current 0.24.2.559(x64) version of the game. When I launch the game I can load my save and I can pilot ships (none have the Engineer parts) or go to other non-construction things just fine. But when I enter the VAB and try and load a craft or put some parts together it crashes. If I remove all mod folders/.dlls except KER it seems to work fine. When I add all other mods and remove KER it seems to work fine. When KER and my other mod folders are present it crashes every time, sometimes upon VAB load. It did not used to do this with the current versions of the mods I have now and I'm stumped. It worked a few days ago and now for some reason it's not. Here is a list of the mods I am using in addition to KER 0.6.2.9

Chatterer 0.5.9.4

Enhanced Navball 1.3

Hot Rockets 7.24

MK2 Cockpit Internals 1.0.24

EVE 7-3 w/ Astronomers Pack: Edge of Oblivion

Module Manager 2.2.1

Output and Error.log linked here was for an instance with all mods in play. I also have some in instances without module manager installed as I thought maybe that was one of the things causing the conflict. Any ideas?

Output and Error.log linked here was for an instance with all mods in play. I also have some in instances without module manager installed as I thought maybe that was one of the things causing the conflict. Any ideas?

Well, there are a few exceptions in your output_log.txt:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EngineerToolbar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is saying that the EngineerToolbar dll failed to load. This is expected when Blizzy's toolbar mod is not installed and is totally harmless.

InvalidProgramException: Assembly: ModuleManager.2.2.1 at location: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.2.1.dll is not in the expected assembly. Code has been copied and this will cause problems.
at ModuleManager.SaveGameFixer.RunTypeElection (System.Type targetCls, System.String assemName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ModuleManager.SaveGameFixer.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ModuleManager.SaveGameFixer:Awake()
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

Not sure what this is but it looks pretty nasty to me. I suggest you ask about this in the ModuleManager thread. Given that you don't have any MM patches being loaded I would suggest removing it until you install a mod that actually needs it.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Clouds plugin (Part of EVE) is doing something wrong. This exception happens once when first entering the space center scene and then happens quite a few more times in quick succession. Again, I suggest you ask about this in the relevant thread.

The actual crash is then happening in the core game editor code.

Out of interest, why are you running the 64 bit version? I suggest you try running the 32 bit version instead as the number of mods you are running shouldn't be a problem for the 32 bit version and it is much less likely to crash...

Thanks for the breakdown of the error logs. I will try just running under the 32 bit and if that doesn't stop it I will hunt down the other mods main threads and repost there. I think it's the hot rockets effects that needed the mod manager but I am new to modding my KSP. Its install readme listed dropping in Mod.Man. as a step.

Edited by Amechwarrior

Thanks for the breakdown of the error logs. I will try just running under the 32 bit and if that doesn't stop it I will hunt down the other mods main threads and repost there. I think it's the hot rockets effects that needed the mod manager but I am new to modding my KSP. It's install readme listed dropping in Mod.Man. as a step.

Sorry, yes, HotRockets does use ModuleManager, line 577 shows that 37 patches were applied. I was just looking at later invocations of the ConfigManager addon that say that 0 patches were applied (e.g. line 9994).

You should be able to find the threads for the other mods very easily by looking in the Community Mods and Plugins Library thread stickied at the top of this forum section...

Can you upload your output_log.txt? That version should be showing up on the new stock toolbar down at the bottom right of the screen so it sounds like the plugin dll isn't loading for some reason.

One thing you could try is moving your whole "Kerbal Space Program" folder out of "Program Files (x86)" folder to somewhere else like "C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program". Also, try right-clicking on the Engineer.dll file and selecting "Properties" and if there is an enabled "Unblock" button near the bottom of the dialog then click it.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately moving the KSP folder somewhere else didn't fix it. Engineer.dll does not have an "Unblock" option anywhere in properties.

I also tried installing a user made toolbar, but that's not showing up either. Here's my output log...

Initialize engine version: 4.3.4f1 (e444f76e01cd)GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

Direct3D:

Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 9.18.13.3788]

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Vendor: NVIDIA

VRAM: 977 MB (via DXGI)

Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

Platform assembly: E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain

- Completed reload, in 0.035 seconds

<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 3840x1080 at 0,0

Platform assembly: E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)

Is steam? False

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

Local BuildID: 276

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

Platform assembly: E:\KSPLauncher\KSPLauncher\Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)

SettingsPath: E:/KSPLauncher/KSPLauncher/Launcher_Data\../settings.cfg

BakPath: E:/KSPLauncher/KSPLauncher/Launcher_Data\settings.cfg.bak

Backup exists

It exists

Hi, from check patcher,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Checking patcher at https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspstore/dp/patcher/index.php

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

ExecPath = E:/KSPLauncher/KSPLauncher/Launcher_Data\../KSP_x64.exe

E5150 path: E:/KSPLauncher/KSPLauncher/Launcher_Data\E5150.cfg.bak

Loading Settings...

Last BuildID: 278

[updater] Server reports that Patcher has MD5 of 2de496fe5b6e2f26eff5f816fde5c8be

[updater] Our own copy of E:/KSPLauncher/KSPLauncher/Launcher_Data/../Patcher.exe has MD5 of 2de496fe5b6e2f26eff5f816fde5c8be

ALLOW UPDATE? True

UnloadTime: 0.486897 ms

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 32 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 955.

Total: 3.517857 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.062484 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.029883 ms MarkObjects: 2.540439 ms DeleteObjects: 0.147910 ms)

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately moving the KSP folder somewhere else didn't fix it. Engineer.dll does not have an "Unblock" option anywhere in properties.

I also tried installing a user made toolbar, but that's not showing up either. Here's my output log...

That appears to just be the launcher log, not the game log. Can you try running the KSP.exe directly?

Hello I'm a big fan of what this mod does and I have a question:

Is there a way I can add more decimal places on some of the orbital stats for more precision? I have the means for editing the source code if the need arises. I couldn't find any options for this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.