[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Awesome mod, can't play without it, just one problem: It don't do calculations for stages with heat shields from Deadly Reentry installed. I tried clean install with just KER and DR, still no work. Might wanna look at that.

I've tested this with a simple craft consisting of a Mk1-2 Pod, heatshield, decoupler, fuel tank and engine and it shows the deltaV correctly. Can you supply a craft file and/or screenshots of your craft with the KER window showing (in show all stages mode)?

The part I tested with is the 2.5m to 1.25m bicoupler. It has this line in the cfg: "NoCrossFeedNodeKey = bottom". The part can feed two engines from one tank but not one engine from two tanks. Give me a few minutes and I'll get some pics and a craft file for you.

Edit: Here you go:

Thanks for that. I see the problem in the simulation code, caused because the root part of your vessel is on the "bottom" side of the bicoupler. The NoCrossFeedNodeKey is being correctly handled but the code is then going on to (incorrectly) search the parent part (the fuel tank) for fuel. If you place another fuel tank on the other half of the bicoupler it won't burn that fuel in the simulation (the deltaV will go down to the increased "dry" mass), or if you make the bicoupler or the engine the root part then it will correctly calculate as zero. I'll try and get this fixed asap.

Edit: I have submitted pull requests to both 0.6 and 1.0 to fix this multicoupler issue and an issue with sepratrons on solid boosters.

Edited by Padishar

I hate to ask, because Engineer is already an awesome tool.

But this weekend I noticed that there might be a readout that is not there, or I'm too blind to see it.

I was building a small station in LKO, and saw no readout for the Time do intercept, while everything else that you need was already in the rendezvous tab.

I'm using x86, 0.25 with Engineer 1.0.x (the latest one).

So am I too dump to find it in the great list of readouts, or should I be a nice guy and make a wish for christmas? ;)

The only reason I stopped using this and moved to MechJeb was the Engineer wasn't able to figure out thrust and delta-V when using Real Fuels, with the corrected Isp system that varies thrust with Isp. Has that problem ever been corrected?

Oh hey look, my picture's there! :D Not sure what you pointed out though, it all looked correct to me :)

Hi Obsessed,

I was asking my friends with your pic, to know what is that menu's Mod.

They help me, and i install it here.

Thank you by your share.

But on my pic, the dV of KER is wrong (not on yours).

You can see by looking the right one's on Mj Menus.

Thanks!

.VtD;1521898']Is it possible to have an option to display at least some orbital parameters after the planned maneuver? That would help with things like FinePrint's satellite contracts a lot.

Well' date=' I think it should be possible to get some of the required info from the patchedConicSolver but it may take a bit of working out...

The only reason I stopped using this and moved to MechJeb was the Engineer wasn't able to figure out thrust and delta-V when using Real Fuels, with the corrected Isp system that varies thrust with Isp. Has that problem ever been corrected?

Yes, this was fixed quite a while back. KER should now give correct thrust readouts with RealFuels both in the editors and during flight.

But on my pic, the dV of KER is wrong (not on yours).

You can see by looking the right one's on Mj Menus.

Actually, I believe that KER is showing the "correct" info here and it is actually being more helpful than MJ. KER is showing the deltaV you will get from the engine you currently have active where MJ is showing the deltaV as if the stages were being simulated in the defined order. If you deactivate the single engine and activate the 4 engines in stage 2 then it should show the same as (or very similar to) MJ...

Edited by Padishar

Engineer keeps stetting "_WINDOW_POSITION = 1645, 0, 0, 0" - which is completely invalid for me. Any idea how to get it to stop?

That position puts it completely outside of my screen.

(not sure if "_SAVEONCHANGE_NOCHANGEUPDATE_WINDOW_POSITION = 1624, 62, 275, 795" is related)

Edited by draeath

Engineer keeps stetting _WINDOW_POSITION = 1645, 0, 0, 0 - which is completely invalid for me. Any idea how to get it to stop?

That position puts it completely outside of my screen.

More details please. Which version of KER (and KSP) are you running? Which window is this about? Do you mean that is where the window keeps getting put or do you mean that is what keeps getting written into the settings file? Given the values are supposed to be left, top, width and height, the values you quote should put the window at the top of the screen somewhere on the right-hand side of full-HD resolution. Have you changed your graphics settings recently? The window should get forced onto the screen when opened but this may not be working correctly.

The Flight Engineer window is the one doing it (build engineer was working perfectly). I have not changed graphics settings - indeed it has been behaving normally for some time and just started doing this tonight. I tried removing the plugindata config files while KSP was not running, and this did not help.

EngineerRedux-0.6.2.12

Kerbal Space Program - 0.25.0.642 (WindowsPlayer) (32-bit)

1920x1080 borderless window (eg fullscreen=False, and with the -popupwindow argument.). I have two monitors, the game running on the primary. The secondary is a 1680x1050 screen, logically to the left of the primary. "Anchored" to the top corner.

I had to wipe the plugindata configuration, set fullscreen back to True, and run without -popupwindow. It defaulted to top-right as expected and is now working - though I have not yet tried switching back to borderless window.

Well, I think it should be possible to get some of the required info from the patchedConicSolver but it may take a bit of working out...

Yes, this was fixed quite a while back. KER should now give correct thrust readouts with RealFuels both in the editors and during flight.

Actually, I believe that KER is showing the "correct" info here and it is actually being more helpful than MJ. KER is showing the deltaV you will get from the engine you currently have active where MJ is showing the deltaV as if the stages were being simulated in the defined order. If you deactivate the single engine and activate the 4 engines in stage 2 then it should show the same as (or very similar to) MJ...

Hey Padishar.

You are wrong. Mj always show the current dV of enabled rockets, besides the stages. And it shows the two types for that engine. Atmosphere and Space.

Of course i already try it, shutting down Saber Vtols, and vice versa, and putting all on, and all off.

Mj corresponde to the right amount. In this case, when atomic is on and only, the KER show a inbetween value that is neater the atmo nor space ones.

But KER show right when is other motors.

Edited by Climberfx

Hey Padishar.

You are wrong. Mj always show the current dV of enabled rockets, besides the stages. And it shows the two types for that engine. Atmosphere and Space.

Of course i already try it, shutting down Saber Vtols, and vice versa, and putting all on, and all off.

Mj corresponde to the right amount. In this case, when atomic is on and only, the KER show a inbetween value that is neater the atmo nor space ones.

But KER show right when is other motors.

So, I think you are saying that KER isn't calculating the atomic engine correctly? Which engine is it? Any chance you can post the craft file (or save game with it in orbit) and a list of the mods needed?

Edit: It may be that when you only have the atomic engine enabled, KER is actually enabling the others as well when doing the calculations (it shouldn't be but that might explain the behaviour) but I can't really tell without running a few tests...

Edit 2: Actually, I think this may just be a problem in the staging simulation. I suspect that KER may just be activating all of the stages immediately because nothing is being decoupled from the vessel. However, it shouldn't be doing this when the active engines are different to what the staging would imply, it should just simulate until all engines die first. Will definitely need some testing...

Edited by Padishar

All that two are possibilities.

Besides the stages that on my ship are only symbolic, because is an SSTO, and besides too, that MJ show it in the wrong stage, the values of Mj are confirmed correct.

The choice i would prefer is that it show the Total dV for the current engine active, besides the actual stages configuration. But this is only my opinion. You may know better what to do.

Edit 1:

Hey Padishar, here my save game and craft. There are two ships on mission, one on Mun landed, and another on Kerbin's Orbit.

The Kerbin is showing the right values, because i put all stages together (with enter).

And the Mun one is showing the wrong values, like the picture i share, with separated stages.

I believe i use only this mods for the Argo, but i can be wrong, so i put a pic of my complete list below.

B9, KAS, US (KAS and TAC sub too), KW

Save+Craft

Full Mod List

I hope this can help you. For me, i can use all stages together, and will do fine.

Edited by Climberfx

Hey Padishar, here my save game and craft. There are two ships on mission, one on Mun landed, and another on Kerbin's Orbit.

The Kerbin is showing the right values, because i put all stages together (with enter).

And the Mun one is showing the wrong values, like the picture i share, with separated stages.

Thanks for the save and craft. It certainly does sound like a problem with the staging simulation and I'll try to take a look at it later this evening...

Version 1.0.11 is now available!

Added readouts that help with manoeuvre node usage. Including the usual vectored deltaV. But also includes burn time prediction that will traverse stages and adjust for acceleration change over time. The half burn time shows the time it will take to expend the first half of the node's deltaV. Time to manoeuvre burn uses the half burn time for its calculation. The "Manoeuvre Node DeltaV (Total)" also shows the stage in which the burn completes in, or an "X" if you do not have sufficient deltaV. The time it takes to stage is not calculated so if you have separate stages for decouplers and engines, you should add an extra 1 second per stage you will go through.

Added: New readouts to the orbital category:

- Current SOI

- Manoeuvre Node DeltaV (Prograde)

- Manoeuvre Node DeltaV (Normal)

- Manoeuvre Node DeltaV (Radial)

- Manoeuvre Node DeltaV (Total)

- Manoeuvre Node Burn Time

- Manoeuvre Node Half Burn Time

- Manoeuvre Node Angle to Prograde

- Manoeuvre Node Angle to Retrograde

- Time to Manoeuvre Node

- Time to Manoeuvre Burn

Added: Readout help strings by ClassyJakey.

Fixed: Issue with separators in HUDs.

Fixed: Issue with HUDs with backgrounds that have no displayed lines.

Padishar's Fixes:

Fixed: Issue with multicouplers when attached to parent by bottom node.

Fixed: Issue with sepratrons on solid rocket boosters.

Version 0.6.2.12 was also made available the other day. This announcement is for anyone who doesn't use AVC!

Padishar's Fixes:

Fixed: Issue with multicouplers when attached to parent by bottom node.

Fixed: Issue with sepratrons on solid rocket boosters.

Since KER hasn't required the parts to be attached for some time now (do they actually do anything at this point, or are they basically depreciated?)... would it break anything for me to just remove the EngineerChip and EngineerChipFlight directories to clean up my science tab a bit?

Since KER hasn't required the parts to be attached for some time now (do they actually do anything at this point, or are they basically depreciated?)... would it break anything for me to just remove the EngineerChip and EngineerChipFlight directories to clean up my science tab a bit?

If you don't use them, you can delete the parts without any problems. They are there because it is still possible to have KER run in "Module Mode" for the Flight Engineer. This is if you want the added difficulty of part cost and strategy of not having blanket KER coverage.

Okay, how do you switch module mode? I had been messing around with career mode on easy, which apparently does the non-module mode by default (thus my confusion), while normal does not. Do you have to make the switch at game start, or can this be toggled on the fly?

Okay, how do you switch module mode? I had been messing around with career mode on easy, which apparently does the non-module mode by default (thus my confusion), while normal does not. Do you have to make the switch at game start, or can this be toggled on the fly?

It can be changed in the settings on the Build Engineer.

Starwaster and I were talking about one in MFS thread.

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines],@RESOURCE[@ElectricCharge]]
{
@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
{
%isTweakable = false
%hideFlow = true
}
}

NOTE: Requires ModuleManager 1.5.5 or above.

Uhh, 2.5.1? I'm a little confused.

Try closing the game and deleting all the Kerbal Engineer settings, then starting the game back up again. If this doesn't not solve it, I'll need to at least see some logs.

Hey cybutek,

I'm having the exact same problem as well.

Took you advice regarding deleting all the settings and reinstalling. Worked for one launch; the next time I returned to VAB, poof, vessel info gone again.

Here are the logs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.