[x.x.x] Space Shuttle in development

Radar

I have downloaded the Mod and placed it into my modded 1.6.1 but the only problem is that the whole Shuttle disappears leaving only one booster visible.
I can scroll my mouse over the other parts and see it glow green but there is no visibility of any of the other parts.
If someone knows what's wrong please add me on discord adicts#6903 or just respond to this.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:17 PM, Briso said:

I think I can take over this mod if Radar refuses it. I hope that this is not so and soon he will release an update that solves some problems.

Yes Briso pls.

Looks like Radar dropped. Looks like curse of Space Shuttle took over him too.   Simmply this mod can not live for long each patch... 

I still have issues with ascend mainly.  I somehow fixed the re-entry but still it is not optimal but at least shuttle is no more doing " let's try spinning that is good trick " anymore...

5 hours ago, Jovzin said:

Yes Briso pls.

Looks like Radar dropped. Looks like curse of Space Shuttle took over him too.   Simmply this mod can not live for long each patch... 

I still have issues with ascend mainly.  I somehow fixed the re-entry but still it is not optimal but at least shuttle is no more doing " let's try spinning that is good trick " anymore...

Then wait for the approval of the Radar.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:43 AM, Jovzin said:

I found a solution to the uncontrollable ascent. Some of the following values could be adjusted, but I've found them to give a very smooth, controllable ascent up until SRB sep. After that though, manual adjustments shouldn't be too difficult. 

I set the thrust limiters on the SSMEs to 86. Center engine gimbal allowance is 100, left and right are 46. Try playing with these and see what works for you.

One more things guys. The docking adapter that it is bundled with this mod from SSTU mod , does the light on docking adapter work for you ?  

Bcs I do not have this option at all in the right click menu when I click on docking adapter :(

Edited by Jovzin

On 3/16/2019 at 11:48 PM, LMRaptor said:

I found a solution to the uncontrollable ascent. Some of the following values could be adjusted, but I've found them to give a very smooth, controllable ascent up until SRB sep. After that though, manual adjustments shouldn't be too difficult. 

I set the thrust limiters on the SSMEs to 86. Center engine gimbal allowance is 100, left and right are 46. Try playing with these and see what works for you.

I will try it soon

I've finished testing.  All tests were carried out in KSP version 1.6

On 3/16/2019 at 11:48 PM, LMRaptor said:

First @LMRaptor you were right. Your configurations work great. Although it should not work, but at the moment it is a great way to solve the problem. Yes, and I wanted to ask you do not use Real Solar System?

I want to note that the tests were conducted in the version of ksp without mods. I then tested the Shuttle's ability to enter Kerbin's atmosphere. And it worked. I used a 40 degree pitch angle.

Secondly, I also conducted the test in Real Solar System. And then everything turned out not very. The climb was great. And with landing broke a all not very.When entering the earth's atmosphere, the Shuttle's nose begins to pitch from 40 to 0 degrees. I think the problem in configs which I attached below.

For those who want to use RSS. Thank you to Trickzie for these config files.

Here is a link to the download for anyone who wants to use RSS.

((There is a small imbalance in MMH+NTO usage in OMS engine - Working on a permanent fix ))

RSS 1.4.1 Version download

Do bare in mind, this patch WILL replace values such as: Fuel > Mass > Tolorance > Fueltypes > Rescaling.

So using it will resault in a bigger shuttle. It would be a good idea to resize your stations or whatever u have in mind, so it will be usable :).

For those who want to use 1.3.1 version. Thank you to Slaintmaith for his files.

Here is a link to the download for anyone who wants to use 1.3.1

The RSS-RO friendly version is here:

RSS-RO Friendly 1.3.1 Version download

By the way, you can use any version 1.6, they are the same and work fine.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:20 PM, Briso said:

First @LMRaptor you were right. Your configurations work great. Although it should not work, but at the moment it is a great way to solve the problem. Yes, and I wanted to ask you do not use Real Solar System?

I want to note that the tests were conducted in the version of ksp without mods. I then tested the Shuttle's ability to enter Kerbin's atmosphere. And it worked. I used a 40 degree pitch angle.

Secondly, I also conducted the test in Real Solar System. And then everything turned out not very. The climb was great. And with landing broke a all not very.When entering the earth's atmosphere, the Shuttle's nose begins to pitch from 40 to 0 degrees. I think the problem in configs which I attached below.

((There is a small imbalance in MMH+NTO usage in OMS engine - Working on a permanent fix ))

Do bare in mind, this patch WILL replace values such as: Fuel > Mass > Tolorance > Fueltypes > Rescaling.

So using it will resault in a bigger shuttle. It would be a good idea to resize your stations or whatever u have in mind, so it will be usable :).

For those who want to use 1.3.1 version. Thank you to Slaintmaith for his files.

And for those that use normal stock Kerbal system and not .... RSS things ?    Sorry I never liked RSS so hope you will release some stock KSP version 1.6 for Shuttle too ?

21 minutes ago, Jovzin said:

And for those that use normal stock Kerbal system and not .... RSS things ?    Sorry I never liked RSS so hope you will release some stock KSP version 1.6 for Shuttle too ?

You don't have to apologize. To not a long time I also hated this mod. I even the satellite can't bring into orbit. After all so much need to count. But then I came thought to fly to the moon mission Apollo 11 and luckily for me all happened. And about work SRB shuttle there are a few ideas. One of them use the older version of them as in this video. Maybe it will work. If no it is possible to rewrite the configuration.

7 hours ago, Jovzin said:

I come back to you with new news. There are three ways to develop the situation. The first to rewrite configs for SRB which already goes in a set. Second it seems that SRB of fashion RealScaleBoosters very similar to the one that is already in the kit. The difference between them is that the SRB from the mod RealScaleBoosters has a great gimbal that works and another difference is that this SRB has no attachment point to the side separators. But it's easy to fix, so this is the second option. And the third is to use the old version of SRB which you can see in the video I sent earlier. It also works gimbal and it does not need additional settings. What is better for you. In a short time will make the configuration of the RO, but most of all what surprised me the configs Slaintmaith and Trickzie is the fact that the external tank of the space Shuttle fuel raspredeleni not correct. I found a source which says that the tank holds 604.2 t liquid oxygen and 101.6 tonnes of liquid hydrogen and the configuration is wrong. (screenshot below) Maybe this is my mistake and the source is wrong. Contact me and tell me if the source is right.

exscc9q.png

Edited by Briso

Thank you for bringing this mod back. I really wish RSS/RO ran faster than 10 fps so I could use it though.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:39 PM, AstroCarson said:

I have downloaded the Mod and placed it into my modded 1.6.1 but the only problem is that the whole Shuttle disappears leaving only one booster visible.
I can scroll my mouse over the other parts and see it glow green but there is no visibility of any of the other parts.
If someone knows what's wrong please add me on discord adicts#6903 or just respond to this.

I'm having this exact same problem.

18 hours ago, iplayksp said:

Thank you for bringing this mod back. I really wish RSS/RO ran faster than 10 fps so I could use it though.

I'm having this exact same problem.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:39 AM, AstroCarson said:

I had a similar problem. I solved it in the following way. The first thing to do is remove all mods and leave the squad folder or the folder with the making history add-on if you have one. Then, if you have steam version you need to check the integrity of the files (although it is better to reinstall it completely, it is much more reliable). If you bought on the ksp website then simply reinstall. After reinstalling, download the mod space shuttle and check what happened. Don't forget to update kspwheel and modulmanager.

Edited by Briso

On 3/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, Briso said:

Can we have a craft file?

@Briso if you do end up taking over the Space Shuttle, I was actually considering getting a team together to try to create my own version of the ISS Community mod, including suitable palettes needed to carry such the parts so that they will decouple from the payload bay without much fuss.  Also, are you by any chance, Hellblazer?

17 hours ago, DanielBR401 said:

And by the way, this does not work with texture switcher, right? getting a lot of disproportional parts here

Already engaged in the craft file (check after about 20 minutes).
Here is a link to switch textures. Caution this replaces the files .cfg where there is a possibility of switching textures. So first install these files and then install the RSS/RO files. 

13 hours ago, Sampa said:

@Briso if you do end up taking over the Space Shuttle, I was actually considering getting a team together to try to create my own version of the ISS Community mod, including suitable palettes needed to carry such the parts so that they will decouple from the payload bay without much fuss.  Also, are you by any chance, Hellblazer?

Regarding the creation of a version for the ISS Community sounds interesting. By the way I'm working on adapting the ISS for 1.6 here Since I'm a beginner the work is progressing quite hard for me. And no I'm not hellblazer. But I have a link to it.

FeYOrAo.png

Edit: Space Shuttle RSS/RO

Edited by Briso

8 hours ago, Briso said:

Already engaged in the craft file (check after about 20 minutes).
Here is a link to switch textures. Caution this replaces the files .cfg where there is a possibility of switching textures. So first install these files and then install the RSS/RO files. 

Regarding the creation of a version for the ISS Community sounds interesting. By the way I'm working on adapting the ISS for 1.6 here Since I'm a beginner the work is progressing quite hard for me. And no I'm not hellblazer. But I have a link to it.

FeYOrAo.png

Edit: Space Shuttle RSS/RO

I'm getting a warning "incompatible witht his version of KSP". I'm using 1.3.1. I did a clean KSP install, installed the files from RSS-RO Friendly 1.3.1 Version download and then added the files from switch texture. After that I installed RSS/RO through CKAN, what have I done wrong? (I also get a label "non RO" when I hover the mouse over the cockpit section for example)

8 hours ago, Sampa said:

@Briso Yeah, I am a starter at 3D work as well and have no texture experience, though, looking at the old ISS Community textures, they could REALLY use an update because they really did not age well...

GZ, my boy Sampa :)

Do you have some videos or web pages ?  I used a lot Digitaltutors in the past ( now called pluralsight ).  It helped me a lot to learn 3d modeling and texture creating.    If you have pluralsight sub I can give you some links to some videos I used to learn.

Wish you luck. It is a slow process  to learn 3d modeling and texturing mainly if you have some RL stuff  to take care of ( kids, wife, household )

Edited by Jovzin

8 hours ago, DanielBR401 said:

I'm getting a warning "incompatible witht his version of KSP". I'm using 1.3.1. I did a clean KSP install, installed the files from RSS-RO Friendly 1.3.1 Version download and then added the files from switch texture. After that I installed RSS/RO through CKAN, what have I done wrong? (I also get a label "non RO" when I hover the mouse over the cockpit section for example)

Oh sorry you are using 1.3.1 I just switched to 1.6 and this problem is the way this version is RSS and RO if you want to go. About calligraphy not ro. In fact, everything is configured for RSS (do not pay attention to this inscription). But if you don't like it, I'll be working on creating my ro configuration soon. So if you'll bear with me, I'll send him to this community. I will send you the craft file for 1.3.1 Expect

Generally due to the fact that I'm a bit free I decided to make a poll at the expense of the boosters for the Shuttle. I give you two options.

The first is related to the return of old accelerators (they work).

npPkY5V.png

The second just reconfigure the ones that are included to have worked gimbal.

Simply if want the first option write 1 in response to this message, if the second option the write 2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.