[x.x.x] Space Shuttle in development

Radar

55 minutes ago, Briso said:

You mean with this mod  ? Should but until I checked.

Regarding the robotic Canadarm2 included with this Shuttle Mod...

Confused by your response.  So it does work with KSP 1.6& 1.7 or you just checked and it now doesn’t....?

4 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Regarding the robotic Canadarm2 included with this Shuttle Mod...

Confused by your response.  So it does work with KSP 1.6& 1.7 or you just checked and it now doesn’t....?

Mod on the part of the canadarm not come with a mod shuttle. No, I don't checked. But this should work.

14 hours ago, Captainamtrak456 said:

How's the video tutorial coming?

I'm sorry I've been gone so long, but work is killing me. I hope you're not angry. And right now I'm making a video. So in 10-20 minutes you will get it.

Sorry I'm an hour late again, but I ended up making a video.

At the very end I showed the tests of what happened, but for reasons unknown to me OBS is not recorded. But eventually I got a working version of space shuttle with a working texture switching feature.

If you need proof I can take screenshots.

well then, I shall wait for the new shuttle update, but I want to ask you, I use a space shuttle from Cormorant Aeronology, and I want to re enter the atmosphere, and I put my pitch to 40 degrees angle of attack, but unfortunately the shuttle looses control, and starts spinning violently, Is there a way I can properly re enter a shuttle and land it?

3 hours ago, Captainamtrak456 said:

well then, I shall wait for the new shuttle update, but I want to ask you, I use a space shuttle from Cormorant Aeronology, and I want to re enter the atmosphere, and I put my pitch to 40 degrees angle of attack, but unfortunately the shuttle looses control, and starts spinning violently, Is there a way I can properly re enter a shuttle and land it?

I don't play with this mod. But space shuttle from this fashion can enter into the atmosphere

In the RSS/RO download you've wondering compiled of us, Briso, I'm having trouble with the manual install on a Mac.  What is the exact placement of the RSS/RO Shuttle files in the Game Data folder?  When I place the download files in the Game Data folder, they don't appear in the game.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:08 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

In the RSS/RO download you've wondering compiled of us, Briso, I'm having trouble with the manual install on a Mac.  What is the exact placement of the RSS/RO Shuttle files in the Game Data folder?  When I place the download files in the Game Data folder, they don't appear in the game.

For more context to the issue I'm having, when I downloaded and installed RSS 1.4.5 craft file, the "craft" appears but with the message that all of the Shuttle parts of missing. I've attached an image of the error message and how the Shuttle folder is installed.

15 hours ago, ChrisG_NSF said:

For more context to the issue I'm having, when I downloaded and installed RSS 1.4.5 craft file, the "craft" appears but with the message that all of the Shuttle parts of missing. I've attached an image of the error message and how the Shuttle folder is installed.

I'll check file on the presence of errors wait. You exactly sure what the files in the folder space shuttle not damaged ?

3 hours ago, Briso said:

I'll check file on the presence of errors wait. You exactly sure what the files in the folder space shuttle not damaged ?

Thanks!  I'm as sure as I can be that they're not damaged.  I've tried the installation (and gotten the same message) with multiple fresh downloads, as I thought something might be corrupt at first.  But it also happens like this.

16 hours ago, PatelPratham said:

The shuttle is really hard to control when flying compared to decqs. Any reason?

You mean the moment of takeoff in vertical mode ? If Yes then it is a problem of boosters at which the module of a gimbal badly works.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:24 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

Thanks!  I'm as sure as I can be that they're not damaged.  I've tried the installation (and gotten the same message) with multiple fresh downloads, as I thought something might be corrupt at first.  But it also happens like this.

Ah well of course having looked once again at a screenshot which you sent me I saw that caused an error. What I advise you is this.

1. Delete the folder gamedata from the space shuttle.
  2. Download the space shuttle mod from this link.
  3. Place the space shuttle folder in gamedata.
  4. Download save for 1.4.5
Edited by Briso

3 minutes ago, PatelPratham said:

@Briso do you know of any fixes for the gambling. Like editing the file or something  

I'm working on that. But until the update came out I advise you to use the following settings.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:48 PM, LMRaptor said:

I found a solution to the uncontrollable ascent. Some of the following values could be adjusted, but I've found them to give a very smooth, controllable ascent up until SRB sep. After that though, manual adjustments shouldn't be too difficult. 

I set the thrust limiters on the SSMEs to 86. Center engine gimbal allowance is 100, left and right are 46. Try playing with these and see what works for you.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:24 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

Did you succeed ?

20 hours ago, ChrisG_NSF said:

Just tried it. That works for non RO parts.  But to use with RO and RSS, what would I download for that?

The RSS 1.4.5 craft files appear like this in the VAB... https://imgur.com/gallery/BHbj8eJ

Oh it's my fault. I forgot to give you another file. You just need to move the space shuttle folder to gamedata with the replacement.

Edited by Briso

When I install the RO 1.3.1 Shuttle, the OMS pods, the Ku-Band antenna and the elevons are all 2x the size of what they should be, meaning that they fit on disproportionate to the whole craft as they seem oversized. Is there a fix?

5 hours ago, Briso said:

Oh it's my fault. I forgot to give you another file. You just need to move the space shuttle folder to gamedata with the replacement.

When I do this, "move the space shuttle folder to gamedata with the replacement", the same issue I had before is now there again.  The Shuttle parts do not appear in the game.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, suzuki said:

When I install the RO 1.3.1 Shuttle, the OMS pods, the Ku-Band antenna and the elevons are all 2x the size of what they should be, meaning that they fit on disproportionate to the whole craft as they seem oversized. Is there a fix?

On 4/28/2019 at 11:12 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

When I do this, "move the space shuttle folder to gamedata with the replacement", the same issue I had before is now there again.  The Shuttle parts do not appear in the game.

Well here's a new file space shuttle. Since I have not identified any problems maybe your mods affect the mod in any way and create a problem. Temporarily move all mods from the gamedata folder so that there is only the squad folder. After download the file I gave you above. Folder Space Shuttle KSP transfer the 3 folders (Firespitter, SpaceShuttle, KspWheel) in gamedata. Let me know the results and again do the tests without mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.